Are all bots finally gone?

• Hi all, as most of you know, I've always been a strong advocate against bots, but it is not the intention of this thread to have a debate on botting, rather, I'm curious as to how much of a reduction in bots there has been since the update that happened around a month ago which reportedly killed a lot of bots.

I've heard that there are no bots in JQ, but there are still bots in HA. The Kamadan decltype bot has been down as well. What other information do you all have? Are PvE bots down? Are there still bots in GvG? The gold sellers are still up and running and I'm guessing they run a script of some sort to spam their messages.

If, indeed, there has been a mass reduction of bots, does this foreshadow that Arenanet will become more active in the game? Or do you suppose this is a "one and done" type-deal?

AC

"To be spoken well of in my line of work could be disastrous for my career." - The Ninth Gate.

• Why dont you check the number 1 gw bot forum where all public bot are shared if you are that much interested ? :p

Looks like last update destroyed something in botters programs, like all other update but this one looks more important.

I think some guys experimented in coding can fix that, but if they did, they still didn t share to the public the update to make bots works again.

I also think that less bots are in means more ban or more risk because easier to get focused.

And yes you cant enter JQ anymore and prices in pve goes crazy

Sorry about my english :p

IGN : Alchimist Derv

• If I remember correctly, they did this a while ago as well, and then in a few days. Poof! the bots were back. Think they just clean house every so often (just my observation). I would wait a few days and see if they return.

Yes but it's been a month!

Because I have no idea what bot forum you are talking about; yes I am that ignorant of such things.

"To be spoken well of in my line of work could be disastrous for my career." - The Ninth Gate.

• I wish Anet would allow people to play JQ/AB still and have the team you fight be filled with hench/ai if there aren't enough reals.

Even a 2v2 in JQ/AB with the rest henchmen/ai would be fine; this was practically the case when the bots were running.

• Issue is : they continue banning bots (especially pve) just like the game wasnt dead . If they keep going like this and cant find a solution to replace them like they did with Pre-Searing lever , It means death of JQ , HA will prbly be syncway again and most likely death of speedclear community who will run out of ressources to do what they do . We can also talk about the big inflation of zkeys,conset,materials,pcons etc.. that is currently happening / will be coming very soon.

Let's wait and see but just banning is far from being the solution imo.

• their method of banishment will always remain a mystery to me.

but there is something else that they should also remove for example a certain guild pvp that should lose its gold trim + rank because we all know how they won this ...

• What's this all about? How and when will this happen?

Since bot disappeared.

Materials hard to find (fibers, feathers), zkeys 400e or 7a/stck, conset 7e/ea... dont want to know about res scrolls stack xD

+ This (stupid) 9 rings event is draining everyone cash like crazy, so actual materials price are low because everyone is selling to merchant for cash, but i wonder what will happen to materials price after that, for sure some weird things are going to happen :p

The only good things is maybe the price of black dyes wich will finally raise (i hope)

IGN : Alchimist Derv

• Which brings us back to the reason for this thread, no one has answered the question! Which bots are gone and which are still kicking? Perhaps no one knows the answer.

well the bot in ha are often banned they don't stay more than 1 week before being banned on average.

other bot i don't have answer unfortenaly.

• Seems like most of the bots from JQ are gone, but some remain. Half are your usual gibberish names and some are normal gwam/ lgit accounts etc. They all seem to be mesmers and eles, no bombers like there used to be.

I also noticed there aren't as many gold site spamming bots.

It's great. :thumbup:

• Seems like most of the bots from JQ are gone, but some remain. Half are your usual gibberish names and some are normal gwam/ lgit accounts etc. They all seem to be mesmers and eles, no bombers like there used to be.

I also noticed there aren't as many gold site spamming bots.

It's great. :thumbup:

I can't speak for Lgit but those [gwam] toons in JQ are just alts put there on sync so people can get a game; they aren't doing anything inside apart from standing in the spot they spawn at. The old JQ bots would actually cap shrines and such; to OP

Bots have been broken since a game update 1-2 months ago from what I can tell, if there are some still running I haven't seen them and the people are probably not sharing the fix.

• I can't speak for Lgit but those [gwam] toons in JQ are just alts put there on sync so people can get a game; they aren't doing anything inside apart from standing in the spot they spawn at. The old JQ bots would actually cap shrines and such; to OP

Bots have been broken since a game update 1-2 months ago from what I can tell, if there are some still running I haven't seen them and the people are probably not sharing the fix.

They are sharing the fix but since it requires a lot of work , they are selling it, hence you don't see a lot of bots because most people were running bots that were provided for free.

I've been interrested in writing my own scripts not to make profit but rather to have fun since I'm taking a Computer Science Engineering degree, hence I know what's been happening.

Don't worry I didn't ending up with valid scripts as I switched to another project that was much more interresting and related to something that would actually be more tricky (Geostatistics), hence I never ran or shared a single script in GW.

• They are sharing the fix but since it requires a lot of work , they are selling it, hence you don't see a lot of bots because most people were running bots that were provided for free.

I've been interrested in writing my own scripts not to make profit but rather to have fun since I'm taking a Computer Science Engineering degree, hence I know what's been happening.

Don't worry I didn't ending up with valid scripts as I switched to another project that was much more interresting and related to something that would actually be more tricky (Geostatistics), hence I never ran or shared a single script in GW.

That is correct that the armies of them seen were by basic end users with extra accounts. I think you over simplify the process. A script written with an api is simple and takes little skill. Building an API from scratch will take reverse engineering skills, language parsing, and major operating system knowledge. If you have the prerequisite skills which tend to go beyond a basic 4 year computer science degree you could update one in a few days such as the case of toolbox that was updated very fast.

• I see what you mean now and yea that makes sense.

Btw can you provide me with your full profile picture, I can't seem to figure out which formulas are represented ?

I can read out :

Code
    \[\frac{-2}{N}\sum_{x=i , i\in \mathbb{N}^*} x_i(-y_i-m \cdots)\] 

which looks like some kind of statistics shenanigans or linear regression ?

And as said before, we can hope for a bot freeish game for the next weeks.

Thanks

• It's simple economics. Accounts were purchased to run bots. If you ban the accounts, users must buy new accounts to continue botting. Anet (and many other gaming developers) use this method to increase revenue. Happens all the time. Mystery solved.

I expressed myself badly for example there is a person that everybody clearly saw that he bot but he was not banned before a little while and the question I wonder why there are moments when they react immediately and other moments they react practically the following year.

and I don't even want to talk about the support ticket. Sometimes your limit feels like they're not reading your ticket.

Edited once, last by archenemy (January 29, 2020 at 1:22 AM).

• Btw can you provide me with your full profile picture, I can't seem to figure out which formulas are represented ?

I can read out :

Code
    \[\frac{-2}{N}\sum_{x=i , i\in \mathbb{N}^*} x_i(-y_i-m \cdots)\] 

which looks like some kind of statistics shenanigans or linear regression ?

And as said before, we can hope for a bot freeish game for the next weeks.

Thanks

Forums cut it off but linear regression and gradient descent that for most intents and purposes produce the same results in a lot of problems.

• I wonder why there are moments when they react immediately and other moments they react practically the following year.

The most probable reason for this is because gaming developers work very hard to keep their detection methods from being discovered or able to be worked around. If they create a pattern to which they ban cheaters, it’s more likely for cheaters to behave in a manor that attempts to avoid detection.