Chest runs for OS shields/resources

• Hello! I am doing quite a lot of chest running lately, and I would like to focus on maximizing my chances of getting shields (OS, of course :)) and ideally with some nice skin. I am not too interested in q8s (read: I get demotivated by getting load of purples), so I am running only in HM. Currently, I alter between the following three runs:

• Pongmei Valley - great, fast run, chance of decent skins, but the range of possible items is very large, so I feel like the chances for shield is not the highest. Most importantly, the nice shields (bladed, echovald) have only a few places where the chest can spawn.
    • Morostav Trail - nice place for kurzick skins (echovald, gothic), but not so sure about the efficiency.
    • Hell's Precipice - I recently started to run that for Magmas, and I must say I really enjoy it, since it's more challenging (at least compared to Pongmei farm :)). I also feel from the few runs that the range of possible item skins is smaller, so perhaps the chance for a shield might be higher? However, Magmas is the only (noteworthy) skin.

What runs would you recommend to me (bonus points if you include route)? Or, ideally, could you point me to some resources with actual drop rate statistics? I remember seeing these back in the day in wiki discussion pages and on guru, but cannot find it anymore these days. Thanks in advance!

• Hello!

You definitely have some good choices there for Shield skins.

The difficulty with chest running specifically for shields is that the Shield rate is around 4.2%, then the hope it has good mods and a good skin drops those chances extremely.

The other options you may want to consider is any Summit runs, they all have changes of SSS or SWS. Those are certainly nice shields to obtained and getting a nice one would be a sweet score. There are several Summit run choices, one of my favorites is Grenth's Footprint. You asked about routes, stats, etc, I just happen to have this one mapped out on here:

Chest Run: Prophecies - Grenth's Footprint - HM

Good luck!

Chevy

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Thanks Chevy, I will definitely give it a try! Getting some Tyrian skins would surely be a nice addition :)