Fashion Wars / Show your Character

• I don't know who is Arun, but (at least) that's not the name of the character in the picture.

Arun is a warrior who have rank 15 ha, also he did lot of ha and got same armor it's why some people think it was Arun.

But if im not wrong he don't play (at least for moment) at gw.

• Arun is a warrior who have rank 15 ha, also he did lot of ha and got same armor it's why some people think it was Arun.

But if im not wrong he don't play (at least for moment) at gw.

I had covered the ign for privacy because it was irrelevant to the thread, although I still have the original picture in case you want to confirm it.

EDIT: Okay, we confirmed it's Arun, but the name is from another of his characters indeed.

Edited 2 times, last by Ostona ().

• I don't know why, but as the years have passed I have been liking less and less all the expensive armors. When I started in 2005 and I saw the Obsidian Warrior armor for first time, I thought it was really cool, but now every time I see it, it looks like an inflated barrel with legs (the female version in proportions seems correct to me though) to the point that I don't like to play with the character. I've always found a bit surreal to wear 200kg of armor (immersion issues ~~) and that's probably why I never liked shiny weapons or fantasy armors like the ones you can find in online JRPG games... or even GW2. Same happens with the Obsidian Elementalist armor, I tried dozens of color combinations and I don't like any, it looks ugly with all. The only Obsidian that I find cool is the Ritualist one and the leggins of the Dervish. (Personal opinion, of course, my comment does not represent the general preference, when you are bored in this game after so many years your brain starts looking for other forms of entertainment, some people collect things and in my case I try armor combinations xD)

I've recently been testing combinations with the Warrior that resemble armors in real life, and from the designs available in GW I think the regular Tyrian/Krytan chain mail armor looks pretty good, it's very underrated in my opinion, and it fits with a lot of different weapons. You can even simulate the iron color applying a black + white dye. I think I'm going to delete all the other armors and use this one from now on > . <

• I don't know why, but as the years have passed I have been liking less and less all the expensive armors. When I started in 2005 and I saw the Obsidian Warrior armor for first time, I thought it was really cool, but now every time I see it, it looks like an inflated barrel with legs (the female version in proportions seems correct to me though) to the point that I don't like to play with the character. I've always found a bit surreal to wear 200kg of armor (immersion issues ~~) and that's probably why I never liked shiny weapons or fantasy armors like the ones you can find in online JRPG games... or even GW2. Same happens with the Obsidian Elementalist armor, I tried dozens of color combinations and I don't like any, it looks ugly with all. The only Obsidian that I find cool is the Ritualist one and the leggins of the Dervish. (Personal opinion, of course, my comment does not represent the general preference, when you are bored in this game after so many years your brain starts looking for other forms of entertainment, some people collect things and in my case I try armor combinations xD)

I've recently been testing combinations with the Warrior that resemble armors in real life, and from the designs available in GW I think the regular Tyrian/Krytan chain mail armor looks pretty good, it's very underrated in my opinion, and it fits with a lot of different weapons. You can even simulate the iron color applying a black + white dye. I think I'm going to delete all the other armors and use this one from now on > . <

Totally agree about obsidian armor and shiny weapons, helmet apart I always had the same "inflated barrel" feeling about it.

I'm really digging this full chainmail armor, I love the looks of it with the first weapons set <3

IGN: Aragorn Granpasso

• Ostona i can relate to that

I always thought it looked like a black pinecone

Though i like the helmet.

Personally for warrior i like a few other armors too but the classik chainmail looks very good.

For the same reasons you mentioned about the obsidian armors i opened this thread because there are sooo many people only buying the most expensive stuff and calling it a day, but there is no creativity anymore. Thats why im always enjoying the combos you and the others come up with ;) <3

• Totally agree about obsidian armor and shiny weapons, helmet apart I always had the same "inflated barrel" feeling about it.

I'm really digging this full chainmail armor, I love the looks of it with the first weapons set <3

I think most of the problem is the bulk in the middle of the chest, lowering this would solve the problem. I don't dislike the armor per se, only the bulk. And yes, the helmet is very good.

You bet.

• I've recently been testing combinations with the Warrior that resemble armors in real life, and from the designs available in GW I think the regular Tyrian/Krytan chain mail armor looks pretty good, it's very underrated in my opinion, and it fits with a lot of different weapons. You can even simulate the iron color applying a black + white dye. I think I'm going to delete all the other armors and use this one from now on > . <

I like that armor the best for warriors myself, I have 2 that wear it exclusively.

I've only bought one set of Obsidian and that's for Rit, although the monk set isn't all that bad either.

IGN Rogue Monks Bane