Cheapest stuff for heroes

• Hey all !

As I am playing with a new character now, a war, I have to think about stuffing my heroes. I was wondering if one of you has a link or anything to see the cheapest green (maybe gold) stuff to get? I don't care about the skin of the weapons, I just want them to have perfect stats. I plan to use mostly a BiP team, so it would be more staffs for rts and mesmers dom, but I'm curious about any other.

Sorry if that's not so clear, I'm trying my best :/

• I have recently geared a lot of heroes on the cheap with that :

The weapons :

- On the healing bip (N/RT) and healing SoS I usually go with Bogroot staff. It's a good green staff for ritu healer and it's easy to buy them in Kamadan for 5k. And those hero are holding "Protective was Koalai" like 80% of the time. So their weapons don't matter that much.

- On the MM necro I usually go with a Fendi Staff. Cheap, easy to buy and good enough.

- On the ST rit, I usually go with a Kershh staff. Or for that matter any random staff with +60hp because the ST isn't casting any spell (biding rituals aren't classified as spell).

- The mesmers heavily benefit from a 40/40 set. The cheapest way to get one is to craft it here (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gertrud). A wand/focus combo will cost you around 15k ish, mats included.

The runes :

- As long as you hit the break-points the attributes runes don't matter that much imo. I usually use Major rune on domination mesmer (instead of the super expensive superior one)

- The effect from the minor runes (minor Inspi/minor fast cast/minor soul reaping) are not that important imo. If you are going for a cheap setup you don't have to use them. Vitae/attunement are a decent alternative.

- I usually use minor HP rune (instead of the super expensive Major and Superior one). Most of my wipes happened because I over-aggroed, or when why heroes were standing in the AoE after Shelter was down. I don't think the +20 extra HP from the superior or major rune would have saved me.

- For the insignia the "meta one" are good but not necessary. You don't have to buy Prodigy on mesmer or Shaman on RT. If you are going for a cheap setup Radiant and Survivor are a decent alternative. (put them in priority on chest and leg)

The break-points :

On general I try to hit the important breaks-points. Either with runes or by reallocating attributes points. IMO you should focus on :

- On the ST rit : at least 12 in Spawning power (Soul twisting recharge 3 rituals instead of 2). I can't stress it enough, what ever you do always be sure your ST has a minimum of 12 in Spawning power. To be extra-safe I give him 13, in case the hero get weakness (weakness reduce every attributes by 1).

- On the BIP : at least 13 in Blood magic (for the +6 energy regen instead of 5)

- On the MM necro : either 14 or 16 in death magic (because you gain an extra minion every 2 rank in death magic)

- On the SoS Rit : either go for 14 in channeling (Splinter weapon hits 5 times instead of 4), or go all-in and try to get 17 (Splinter weapon hits 6 times instead of 5). You can reach 17 with a superior rune and a +1/20% channeling or if you play with a conset (+1 attribute from the Grail).

- On the domination mesmer : try to hit 15 or 16 in domination (so e-surge do 10 extra damage)

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)

Edited 2 times, last by Oldschool Cool (June 4, 2020 at 2:17 AM).

• Thanks a lot for this answer, much more than what I was asking for !

About the runes, I would not buy the superior ones now, maybe later, if I really want to, so far I didn't even buy one for me yet.

I'm gonna try your break-points on my main character first to see any changes since I don't have the same, that could explain some wipes I had haha

Once again thanks a lot, I don't know for old school but you're totally right with the cool in your name ;)

• 40/40 sets for heroes are expensive, whether you craft them or buy greens. In my opinion, a 40/20 staff for ES/Panic/Inep heroes is almost as good. The collector just outside Durheim Archives in Morostav Trail has Domination and Illusion 20/20 staves for 5 warden horns each. Add an adept staff head and a defensive wrap and you're golden.

• The collector just outside Durheim Archives in Morostav Trail has Domination and Illusion 20/20 staves for 5 warden horns each.

...and Lotus Staff is an awesome skin, dyeable, and, only available from collectors. It being so limited is kinda sad.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• 40/40 sets for heroes are expensive, whether you craft them or buy greens. In my opinion, a 40/20 staff for ES/Panic/Inep heroes is almost as good. The collector just outside Durheim Archives in Morostav Trail has Domination and Illusion 20/20 staves for 5 warden horns each. Add an adept staff head and a defensive wrap and you're golden.

I agree on this. the staves are often better bc alot of builds dont use a single attribut. My mes builds for instance are a combo of illu and dom magic. So the staves are actually better.

• BiP hero: You can trade 5 Pulsating Growths for a 20/20 collector's blood staff. Put any random enchanting mod 16% or higher to get the 12 second BiP duration; any higher doesn't actually help. You'll easily accumulate tons of Pulsating Growths as you play Factions. If you want to run orders (since you said you're a war), you can put an Adept staff head on it when you get one, they're not that expensive and do help significantly.

Rits: you can trade 5 Plague Idols or 5 Soul Stones for a channeling focus that has +1 channeling magic (20% chance). This help hit the 17 channeling magic breakpoint for Splinter Weapon and is really good for a war primary. Again you'll easily accumulate the trophy items as you play Factions. Then you just need to craft a wand at Vasburg.

Mes: you can trade 5 Jade Braclets for a 20/20 domination offhand. Then you just need to craft the wand at Vasburg.

• I already got a bogroot staff for my rits, 17 in channeling magic seems to be quite high but I might try and see what I prefer.

I only have to stuff my mesmers, I'm starting factions only now so I'll keep that in mind for the different items I can get from collectors. I think I'll go for a 40/20 since like Swiitisich my mes builds are a combo of illu and dom.

Thanks a lot for all these answers guys !