Oldschool Players [OS] Recruiting - VQSC (Custom Speed Clears for OS Items), Chest Running, Farms, etc

•                                                                9mRUcg.jpg

Hey everyone! I'm Sky, the Creator of Oldschool Players [OS] (Now Lead by TongTong). We are an old guild, based on traditional Guild Wars, built for the truly awesome player base: the Oldschool kind.

Founded in 2015, our goal is to try and spark interest in the community for OS items. We are not a high-end collector club. We don't have requirements. But, if you aren't into OS hunting then this guild might not be your best option. If you wish to continue your collecting or start fresh and learn farms/runs, join us for a fun experience.

Guild Goals: Our goals revolve mostly around getting OS items. Be it chest runs, farms, or our personal gift to GW - VQSC's. In the past we often tested builds, created metas, and just played the game.

Impact: We use the ideas of Speed Clearing and implement it into group-runs for Chests & Drops in specific areas. This allows us to get OS skins that would otherwise unlikely drop. The Market of today is a struggle to control high-value prenerfs, low-reqs, and OS items in general. We have many key players in this market and we strive to collect post-nerf trophy pieces.

Uniqueness Factor: There are many possible VQsc areas and builds to test, despite whatever the Metas may be. Metas are good, but there is always a fun way to play. We use some Meta-tactics as they allow anyone to complete content, but we like to test the options given to us rather than stick to 1 style of play and thus creating new options. We are very open to build-testing and theory crafting. This allows us to do fun or wacky things ocassionally. We used to run Urgoz with many tactics. Some we tried were Rit Spike / Nec Spike / Ele Spike. Nothing was insanely game breaking, but all runs were insanely fun :D

Join OS and learn what it's like to make an impact on the Game, whether it be on the market or content, even after over a decade of impacting the players who enjoy it.
    Thank You for your consideration. You can join us for runs to see what it's like or join the family and build your own SC's.

Also feel free to join the discord regardless, boost, or contribute :). Thanks.

P.S. I also use a Guild Stash system where members may donate items (consets / pcons / lockpicks / etc) and other players may use them for runs with at least 1 other officer of the Guild to verify there is no misuse of funds.

PM in game for an invite :)

IGN: Master Mix Mage

Some people call me the Limit.

Display Spoiler

:der:Dervish Donut:par:Paragon Pastry:ele:Master Mix Mage:ass:Whom Will I Kill:mo:Tropical Monkie Man

Edited 19 times, last by Sky: Much needed refresh of information (October 2, 2022 at 12:17 AM).

• Still recruiting. I check Legacy a bit more seldom than I play, so if you want you can reach me easier in game. Keep it Oldschool.

IGN: Dervish Donut

Display Spoiler

:der:Dervish Donut:par:Paragon Pastry:ele:Master Mix Mage:ass:Whom Will I Kill:mo:Tropical Monkie Man

• Hopefully bumping is allowed. OS rebuilding still. If you are on edge about us, check out the discord (a work in progress but coming along I think) : https://discord.gg/WcMVAG8M

will be starting RaisuSC Teach runs weekly Saturdays 6-8pm CET join us for some fun :)

Display Spoiler

• bummpp .. We have about 7 active people and still growing slowly. if you wish to join runs msg me in game. we do RaisuSC 6-8pm CET on Saturdays (so far each weekend has been at least 1 run). would like to have more activity for more fun runs :)

Display Spoiler

• Sky December 16, 2020 at 10:46 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Oldschool Players [OS] Recruiting - Old Guild whose Leader (me) has returned” to “Oldschool Players [OS] Recruiting - VQSC (Custom Speed Clears for OS Items), Chest Running, Farms, etc”.
  • bump: still creating new farms / builds / SCs. made 1 of each already since i been back. come join the fun ^^ check out our discord for more info and to join in on runs

Latest run testing: TascaSC Magmas Shield Farming (Accomplished SC runs from us in 2014 - remaking for 2020)

Display Spoiler

• Could i join i used to play guild wars about 8-9 years ago. Im not going to be very well versed in the deeper game mechanics or where my characters were power wise but id love to learn it all again and join in on the fun. This game means alot to me and brings with it alot of nostalgia for me. Thanks!

• bump. Still makin farms and doin OS VQSC's. Need more people interested in OS items to join us so we can have strong active teams with more people for faster tactics. some SCs and drops: IcedomeSC - SSS,SWS, Raven staff. RaisuSC: Oni Blade, GPB, Bladed, Diamond Aegis, Iridescent Aegis. TascaSC: Magmas, Summit items, Raven staff. We also teach and help people prepare for farms and chest runs. Join us for some OS fun ^^

Display Spoiler

• Remains to be small, but active. The more people to join, the more you will get out of the OS Family :) -- We support one another in SC's / Chest Runs / etc from generous donations and helping one another. We want success for all the OS-hunters. Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/SGXkvsgA7j if interested and feel free to shoot me a message there or in game to play with the Guild. Please note if you join the Discord, leave ur IGN / Legacy name (which ever u prefer) and why ya joined. Thx :)

Display Spoiler

• bump :) happy to say we have been steadily growing still.

Update - March 2nd:
    31 total members, 17 of which are at least partially active. Old Guild so I didn't kick the original members either in case some come back like myself and 1 other player in the guild :)

Display Spoiler

• bump.
    Our numbers keep growing and it's awesome :D
    There seems to still be a lot of interest in the gameplay, the items and chances, the data, and the community. I personally appreciate the work we've done so far and am happy to see our numbers climb to over 40 people (few left, but that was bound to happen), but around half of OS is active-enough and the inactives are mostly people who are OS-OS (old members from this Guild's prior life). We are still recruiting, but keep in mind we are OS-based. You wont see us doing a ton of DungeonSCs, DoA, etc, etc. Of course some of us know how, but its not our main gig so be aware when you join that if you rather do other content, there are guilds for that out there. Thank you :)

Display Spoiler

• What alliance are you in? I don’t see mention of it in the OP. Thanks! :)

We were in pupu, but we moved to db ally as pupu activity died out. Several people in the pupu ally are still friends and we trade, do Urgoz, etc with them, but the ally itself is only busy when they do Urgoz and for that sole reason. We like to do many other things so it suited us to try another ally out. Emma, Trylle, Zephyr, and some other people are long-time friends and were in OS back in this guild's original start though. If any of the OS-OS people come back I welcome them back into our little home :D (just on the off-chance they read this).

Display Spoiler

Edited once, last by Sky (May 15, 2021 at 6:22 PM).

• bump -- took a month off for IRL things but ill be on a bit here and there. Guild is still alive and well, but we are lookin for an ally now.

Display Spoiler

• Sky's back!! :D

Previous post is right, we aren't as crazy active anymore... but Guild Wars as a whole isn't, so join us and maybe we can do OS-runs again!

Looking forward to starting weekly VQSC's with our custom strats again

Display Spoiler