OS Dolyak Prod Staff (Boreal chest run), bug ?

• Hello, i did ~8500 Boreal Station chest runs for the treasure hunter title these last days. I never found an OS weapon (like expected) except for 2 OS Dolyak Prod Staff. Unfortunately, i sell one by accident but i keep one in my bank. Is it normal with low drop rate or a bug ? Thanks

• pokrhg December 1, 2020 at 4:57 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “OS Dolyak staff (boreal chest run), bug ?” to “OS Dolyak Prod Staff (Boreal chest run), bug ?”.
  • Yeah sometimes inscriptible weapons drop without an inscription slot. I have seen a few "naked" BDS for example. I guess that's debatable but for me it's more a feature than a bug.

Maybe there are a few weird collector for them, but all in all I don't think they are super valuable.

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)

• There used to be an old "of deathbane" bug where items in EotN (and maybe nightfall?) that dropped with an "of deathbane" mod came without an inscription. When the weapon contest weapons were first released in EotN many years ago, I got what was probably one of the very first emerald blades on a casual hero run of Kathandrax. It was r9...of deathbane. So basically just a naked one. This bug was acknowledged by Anet and later patched out.

I'm not sure if the same issue that sometimes causes BDSs and others to come without an inscription is related to this, but either way it's fairly rare.

IGN: Vengeful Was Unholy
    Discord: Unholy2295
    WTB Pre-nerf Greens -> Information
    My WTB Thread