best secondary profession for pre monk

• Hello everyone;

I just started a permanent pre searing monk. What is the best secondary profession for a monk ho wants to eventually do solo charr runs? Thanks in advance.

p.s. It is good that I am able to post without activating the email, since the forums fail to send the confirmation code email. So long as I can read and post I can learn to ignore the ever-present "Your email address is not activated yet. Confirm your email address." text.

• Official Post

I have manually activated your account, but there seems to be something wrong with your mailaddress.

More specifically, we can send the mail to the mailserver, but I get a bounce back later on.

So, the issue lies with your mail provider. I received your mail about it earlier on, investigated it and tried to mail you back, but got an error.

The error returned is:

SASL authentication failed; server

185.87.187.247[185.87.187.247] said: 535 Incorrect authentication data

Which is strange, since I get this both on our mailserver as well as my normal mail provider. So it seems something is wrong on the end of your ISP.

- Kev

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• How very strange. I've got Comcast, so not some mom & pop ISP. I guess there's nothing I can do about it. *shrug*.

Thank you very much for manually activating this account. :)

• I asked in Ascalon. One person said Elementalist or Warrior. So that's two votes for ele. He added that ele has Glyph Of Lesser Energy, which apparently can help a monk despite not having Energy Storage, and Firestorm. To hear Warrior as an option was unexpected. I was told something about axe and an area of effect skill. Much to think about.

• Anothe option would be ranger for pet. If you have an imo Just pick what you prefere and it all will work

• I didn't think there was a Profession changer in Pre?

There isn't.

Your secondary isn't chosen until you accept the reward for whichever one you decide to be.

There are quests for each profession, a starter, then a follow up.

It's been awhile so I may be wrong on the specifics here so double check the wiki

You can do all the first starter quests as long as you don't do the follow up quest you can "play" whichever one you want.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/A_Second_Profession

Look here ^

IGN Rogue Monks Bane

• Oh, you mean get the skills without finalizing the actual secondary profession? I don't like to do that because you don't get all the skills and you can't put attribute points into the secondary skills, which tends to make the skills weaker.

Oof, this got complicated.

Understandable, I've done a several LDoA toons, my first being by death leveling, ugh.

At this point I want it as easy as possible

IGN Rogue Monks Bane