Scammed for OS Serpent Axe - Raising Awareness

• So as the title says and I am sure you can assume, I fell for the ole serpent axe switch-a-roo. I'm not going to be upset over this as a great portion of this is due to my own fault by being naive. Given I don't really buy anything in game anymore, I will chalk it up to an expensive lesson.

Basic jist of the scam was to advertise selling an os Serpent Axe. They take you into Plains of Jarin and show a "Tyrian" one which I will assume is an EOTN inscrip. Then they show you a canthan one in the trade window. Obviously if you make the trade, you receive a Canthan one.

I simply want this post to raise more awareness to this issue for others.

Unsure if I can do this, but at the time the person was in a guild with the tag [LsT]

IGN was: Il Fashion Girl Il

Alternate IGN that I saw before being blocked was Back To The Futuree

Sorry mods if I am out of line with posting IGN's. This person (Back To The Futuree) is currently as I type this attempting to purchase another os serpent axe of any kind in Kama to obviously repeat this scam again.

Raising awareness. Don't be naive. Don't be Ecto.

Thanks all!

• IGN: Il Fashion Girl Il

Discord: Fashiongirl#3470

I was in plains of Jarin as well, but she had to "show someone else" once l started asking for a screenshot like this

Sadly, it was "sold" so l never got that screenshot ;(

l think l did see Mini Ectoplasmus out there, guess it really was sold at that time and not just exit strategy?

• Yup, I purchased the canthan scam one which included a +5e inherent and gold value of 212. It would be nice to sticky this thread since multiple people are vouching for this incident now.

• all this because somebody that played for many many years should of known better, though he is dealing with the loss of 50a quite well being a filthy botter.. I'm sure it wont hurt him at all. the fault is entirely on Ectoplasmus... this type of scam has been around since day dot.

Close thread.

• all this because somebody that played for many many years should of known better, though he is dealing with the loss of 50a quite well being a filthy botter.. I'm sure it wont hurt him at all. the fault is entirely on Ectoplasmus... this type of scam has been around since day dot.

Close thread.

Unsure where the hate or the botting comments are coming from. I already stated that it was on me so again I'm unsure the reasons for your sour attitude. Especially given we never interact.

Oddly suspicious of you given I have not mentioned how much I paid. Cheers <3

Post simply acts as a reminder and to make more folks aware.

• Unsure where the hate or the botting comments are coming from. I already stated that it was on me so again I'm unsure the reasons for your sour attitude. Especially given we never interact.

sure ill take the blame for the scam... since I don't even play any more.
    always hearing about these pathetic cry babies "ive been scammed out of xx item" boohoo, if you was being diligent and took your time to look over the trade for 10 seconds before accepting this wouldn't of happened plane and simple logic. your the type of person that keeps NQ around, though sometimes i do enjoy peoples misfortune. keep up the good work.

• sure ill take the blame for the scam... since I don't even play any more.
    always hearing about these pathetic cry babies "ive been scammed out of xx item" boohoo, if you was being diligent and took your time to look over the trade for 10 seconds before accepting this wouldn't of happened plane and simple logic. your the type of person that keeps NQ around, though sometimes i do enjoy peoples misfortune. keep up the good work.

I once again am not crying nor do I care about the money. As I said it's nothing more than an expensive lesson that I am simply trying to make others aware of so they do not make the same mistake.

I am unsure what you mean by the NQ statement and like I said we have never interacted so your hostility is misguided.

Pyro was the first to reach out to scammer, then l approached trying to verify if it is legit (as seen in screenshots l posted here). The whole thing was discussed among us from the start as it was happening, along with the price. So nothing suspicious, just missing context of PhD actually discussing potential scams before rushing into deals :)

• sure ill take the blame for the scam... since I don't even play any more.

Wow this guy is a douche....^ This is clearly a scam that's been going on for a long time and there's no real way to transact it without a legit trade mod. Sorry about the loss ectoplasmus

• here's a valid test for proof, trade the item To pyro for testing purposes only, the item will be returned to you valid or not, I and Many many people will vouch for pyro, ill even bet 250a that he will return the item, pyro will then once and for all confirm weather or not your a trash talking worthless cunt.

• here's a valid test for proof, trade the item To pyro for testing purposes only, the item will be returned to you valid or not, I and Many many people will vouch for pyro, ill even bet 250a that he will return the item, pyro will then once and for all confirm weather or not your a trash talking worthless cunt.

Approved legacy trade mods can also facilitate this role. MaxBorken

IGN: Pyro Loves Lobsters

• i wont give my axe to someone i never saw and dont know in real life would you give a priceless item who worth XXX dollars to someone you never saw ? No.

He did giveaways on this website and peoples still doubt about him thats nice.

I didnt knew scammers were doing giveaway.

Good night all :)

• uh ? which alt ?

I was talking for him XD

Read my message again XD

So your advise is what? Trust somebody who sending blatantly fake screenshots that are explained in his own words as "a bug" because he did a giveaway one time?

I'll spell it out. He did some giveaways as rep building exercises to create trust so he can scam. He gives away 10a and a cheap Q8 Axe so he can scam somebody for 50a, 100a, 200a ect ect.

Caught red handed, end of.

• uw0tm8^ Idk about any of your giveaways.. Just because someone gives away 30e does not make them "not a scammer"

• He did 10a and a R8 tyrian hand axe giveaway so i dont think thats a scammer , he lost maybe 20-30a ? for trying to scam 50a like the other guy did with maybe a fail and 0a back XD

That's my opinion he's not a scammer but i cant confirm so i'll give him the doubt.

Really need some sleep , see you around XD

• i wont give my axe to someone i never saw and dont know in real life would you give a priceless item who worth XXX dollars to someone you never saw ? No.

He did giveaways on this website and peoples still doubt about him thats nice.

I didnt knew scammers were doing giveaway.

Good night all :)

1 your axe is worth $0.00,
    2 as much as me and pyro don't get along i still would trust him with any item in the game,
    3 we are doubting because so far there has been zero effort made to prove the validity of the item,
    4 doing giveaways is an irrelevant statement said in the hopes that stupid people will fall for your blatant BS,
    5 your opinion is exactly that an opinion, you have proven nothing.

i gave Ectoplasmus crap for falling for a scam he's been aware of for so many years, but that in no way takes away from the fact that quite frankly you people are scumbags and deserve a slow and painful death.

still trying to scam in this game is pretty much pointless. its slowly dwindling into nothing only a handful of people play and the rest stand around in kama buying and selling there crap.
    only reason me and many of the collectors are still around is the enjoyment we get on ultra rare items and recording the history books, but ultimately none of it is worth anything when Anet decides to shut down gw1 servers, only then all we'll have is what us Collecters have recorded so how about some the truth for the record.

confirm the axe is real, write about the items background, get thanked for sharing with the collecting community and have a nice day...
    or
    carry on with your Bs and keep getting called out for it.

• 0 effort rofl i did all , also said i want a face to face. The scammer is the person whos trying to buy it at low price at kamadan and without a advice to come here.

The giveaway is a proof im a not scammer, which proof you have i am one ? only a screenshot with trash graphism. Thats not a proof.

Also you are saying i did giveaway for scamming peoples rly? Shame on you, do some and i will come insult you like you did you will see whats happen in your head .

Also moderator letting peoples insulting me for nothing wrong ?

• The screenshot + the convo confirming that the player from the screen is you = proof. All can see its a fake. There is no debating this, Its incontrovertible. You took a screenshot of a cathan serp in kamadam against the wall, you cropped out the highlighted weapon in a rectangle shape leaving the corners in place. You put that layer ontop of a screen in Jarin where you had a Tyrian (almost certainly purple from sorrows) equipped. The background of the partially translucent weapon doesn't show the scenery behind like the trees or sky it shows a wall texture. It has nothing to do with the quality, there is more than enough pixels to see what you have done. Care to refute the side by side example below?

Or is there a bug that add corners to items and a wall texture for a background instead of you know the stuff in the background?

You are a liar and a scammer.

• My game is full of bug RE: Wtf is that

You are the scammer with your friend whos trying to buy serpent axe at low price on kamadan . There is the reality. All know it now.

I have made no offer and shown no interest in buying any serpent axe. As you well know an interested buyer asked my for my advice about a possible purchase and I said what I will always say "use a trade mod".

Its over dude, you faked a screen (badly) and tried to scam a serp. Then you linked that account to your legacy account with your own words. Please do keep replying in futile attempts to defend yourself though cause its hilarious :*

Also how come you deleted you toon? I hope that you put that cathan axe in storage b4 you did, worth a good 5-10e ;)

Edited once, last by PyroLobster (June 25, 2021 at 6:04 PM).