• Been long overdue that the "Truth about Prenerf" thread was revamped, so here it is. Have broken this down into 4 sections, see Weapons / Greens / Runes & Miscellaneous

Everything here is subject to change and additions. If you can see a mistake or notice something is missing please say so and it shall be changed. The goal here is to use community collective knowledge to get as close to the truth as possible.

An item is considered Pre-Nerf if it cannot drop anymore. In other words, the possibility of the game generating these stats or items has been physically removed by the coders at Anet, mainly 2005/2006 around the release of Factions. The only way to acquire Pre-Nerf items is through trading with other players.

The following list is items / mods that are observably no longer in the game, not possible because of nerfed foe levels or a known update specifically removed them. It's possible this contains mistakes or is incomplete but it's the best of currently-known knowledge.

Shields

All Req 7 with 16 armor

All Dual Reduction (See full thread)

OS Gold/Purple Q8/16 Magmas

OS Gold/Purple Q8/16 Stone Summit

OS Gold/Purple Q8/16 Summit Warlord

OS Gold/Purple Q8/16 Eternal

OS Gold/Purple Q8/16 Shadow (Possible Shard Wolf exception)

OS Gold/Purple Q8/16 Zodiac

OS Gold/Purple Q8/16 Exalted Aegis

OS Gold/Purple Q8/16 Gloom

OS Gold/Purple Q8/16 Outcast

OS Gold Shadow Shields with vs giant, Charr, Tengu, Troll, skeleton, Dwarves & plants

Gold Shield Mods - (Any shield with one is considered Prenerf)

received physical damage -3(10%) mod. (including non-max versions)

-2/hexed mod

-1/enchanted or -1/stance mod

+40/(stance or enchanted) or lower

+6-8 armour vs damage type mod

+26hp or lower

non max -5(20%) mod Example: -4(19%) / -5(18%)

+55hp/hex or lower

+1attri/18% or lower

Purple Shield Mods

+19hp or lower

+29/(stance or enchanted) or lower

+44hp with hex or lower

+7 armor or lower vs damage type/creature

-1/hexed mod

Attribute +1/14% or lower

Damage -1 chance X%

Damage -3 chance X%

Damage -4 or -5 chance lower than 14%

Focus

All Req 7 with 12 energy

Gold Q8 Straw Effigy's

Grim Cesta with healing requirement

Any Gold/Purple/Blue OS Focus with mixed profession mod (HCT / HSR / +1 attribute). For example : 1/20% Fire on Jeweled chalice

Gold Focus Mods

18% or lower HSR/HCT

8% or lower HSR/HCT

+8armor or lower

+1attri/18 or lower

+26hp or lower

+40 stance/ench or lower

+55/hex or lower

Purple Focus Mods

+19hp or lower

+44hp with hex or lower

+7 armor or lower vs damage type/creature or while <50% or while hexed

14% or lower HSR/HCT

7% or lower global HSR/HCT

Example of some Prenerf weapons:

(If anybody has screens shots of the missing ones please post and will update.

• Here i'd like to point out the possibility of purple tyrian q8 shields from Killroy's quests 1st chest in sorrow furnance.

Also the -50hp cesta isn't only req healing blue that has been nerfed, apparently several blue items had req healing requirements back in the day like the other offhand from same quest with -50hp cesta (Earth scroll) used to be req healing and possibly many more.

Also, q8 outcast shield should be prenerf, the necro outcast that are lower level apperently dont drop shields

Edited once, last by Pleikki (September 30, 2021 at 4:23 PM).

• I think this section could be detailed a bit more. Anything outside of the current observed range for purple can be considered prenerf so :

+19hp or lower

+44hp with hex or lower

+5armor or lower vs damage mod +7 armor or lower vs damage type/creature

-1/hexed mod

Damage -3 chance X%

Damage -4 or -5 chance lower than 14%

Maybe the purple version of the -3/10% mod (not sure about this one I will let other comment on that)

Purple Focus Mods

+19hp or lower inherent mod.

+29/(stance or enchanted) or lower inherent mod.

+5 armor or Below vs something

Same as the shield this section can be detailed a bit more to include anything outside of the current observed range for purple focus :

+19hp or lower

+44hp with hex or lower

+5armor or lower vs damage mod +7 armor or lower vs damage type/creature or while <50% or while hexed

14% or lower HSR/HCT

7% or lower global HSR/HCT

If you want to open another big can of worms you could also look deeper into some other obscure mods. The commonly accepted theory is that the prenerf gold and prenerf purple could have mods going as low as the current lowest value on blue weapons.

So in theory those mods are also prenerf (note that I haven't observed them myself, so those are purely based on theory) :

* Energy+13/-1 and below on gold

* Energy +12/-1 and below on purple

* 4AR/-20hp on gold or purple

* 4AR/-5e on gold or purple

* 4AR against physical/elemental on gold or purple

* 4AR while casting/attacking/ench on gold or purple

(If anybody has screens shots of the missing ones please post and will update.

Here are some :

Display Spoiler

26 hp or lower :

40 wE or lower :

And if you want to include some screen for the purple : -1 wE and +6 vs creature

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)

• Here i'd like to point out the possibility of purple tyrian q8 shields from Killroy's quests 1st chest in sorrow furnance.

Also the -50hp cesta isn't only req healing blue that has been nerfed, apparently several blue items had req healing requirements back in the day like the other offhand from same quest with -50hp cesta (Earth scroll) used to be req healing and possibly many more.

Also, q8 outcast shield should be prenerf, the necro outcast that are lower level apperently dont drop shields

Rather than start world war 3 I will just state this for kilroy keyless chests. An anonymous source I call "The Pile" if your into data science you will know this title shows after 100k chests kilroy chest 1 will not drop magma,sss,sws,eternal, shadow, and a few other skins. The sad truth is this means they are dead in Q8, however 2 and 3 all these skins become fair game. I will use a phrase to describe this data set Bothersome Old Trolls.

• Rather than start world war 3 I will just state this for kilroy keyless chests. An anonymous source I call "The Pile" if your into data science you will know this title shows after 100k chests kilroy chest 1 will not drop magma,sss,sws,eternal, shadow, and a few other skins. The sad truth is this means they are dead in Q8, however 2 and 3 all these skins become fair game. I will use a phrase to describe this data set Bothersome Old Trolls.

Hmm, i guess there is level cap for the skins then, sounds accurate considering magmas dont drop from early titan chests either, possibly only lvl 21+ or someting can drop those skins. This would also solve the shars Wolf question