Is it better to run q7 Weaponsmith-Staffs on BiP-Necro etc.?

• Cheers :)
    after having fun as a returned player I started to use the 7 Hero mercenary mesmerway alot.

Some of the Classes are using 40/20/20 Staffs and today I found a weaponsmith, that has an allready pretty good staff, even though it's not maxed out:

sPGiaNL.png

The english wiki also says this:
    n1ghKYS.png

Now I'm curious, if it's just better to run those q7 staffs over other usual q9 Staffs. Any1 who has experience with this or an idea if it's worth it? :/

Edited 2 times, last by kubl (February 22, 2022 at 2:50 PM).

• If you would like to save on expenses and do not mind the lower wanding damage, yes. However, note that staff is not ideal for Restoration Magic as it comes with Spawning Power most of the time. This means that Adept Staff Head will match Spawning Power and not Restoration Magic. Ideally, then, you would go for a 20/20 wand and a 20/20 focus tailored for Restoration Magic, which can be crafted from Gertrud in Vasburg Armory and from Telamon in Leviathan Pits. They each cost 5k plus mats.

If you still want 20% enchantment, you can craft a Restoration Magic staff like Asuran, and slap on mods to make it 40/20/20.

Edited once, last by Hermes (February 22, 2022 at 3:05 PM).

• If you would like to save on expenses and do not mind the lower wanding damage, yes. However, note that staff is not ideal for Restoration Magic as it comes with Spawning Power most of the time. This means that Adept Staff Head will match Spawning Power and not Restoration Magic. Ideally, then, you would go for a 20/20 wand and a 20/20 focus tailored for Restoration Magic, which can be crafted from Gertrud in Vasburg Armory and from Telamon in Leviathan Pits. They each cost 5k plus mats.

If you still want 20% enchantment, you can craft a Restoration Magic staff like Asuran, and slap on mods to make it 40/20/20.

Thanks for the notice and the tip - I honestly didn't see that the staff requires spawning power.. I still made a Staff with deathmagic requirements since I do like MMs with +1 DM (20%) :)

• Worth mentioning that most Necro healers use "Protective was Kaolai" which means whatever weapon you have equipped is almost completely irrelevant as heroes maintain it constantly.

I sometimes toss random crap on a hero with PwK like a spare caster spear plus a resto focus with hct or hsr since PwK is an item *spell* and i think hct/hsr works on it.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• I sometimes toss random crap on a hero with PwK like a spare caster spear plus a resto focus with hct or hsr since PwK is an item *spell* and i think hct/hsr works on it.

Yep HCT / HSR will give some small benefit under normal conditions. You also have a scenario when PwK is rupted and until its recharged the wep mods they holding are relevant to the rest of the bar. I always give the BiP an ench wep of some kind for such times.

IGN: Pyro Loves Lobsters

• I actually always have 40/20/20 staves on my BiP heroes because I realised that the hero will drop the item twice under heavy pressure and not have it back up for 10-15+ seconds because of the recharge.

Especially good on the “A chance encounter” farm since the initial fight is really hard with the insane builds the ministerials are running.

They also have keystone mesmers which is a good point made earlier. If rupted, you’ll have to wait another 25 seconds without a PwK and the longer BiPs are quite handy then.