Bukdek Byway afflicted chestruns

• Hey folks,

I recently wanted to give a try on this easy plagueborn items chest run just outside of Kaineng Center with the quest Cleansing Bukdedk Byway.

But I was very disappointed as I found only 6 chests on about 25 runs. Based on videos, the spawn rate of the chest should be around 50-60% though.

Also, the favor was not active when I did my run.

So I'm wondering, does the favor impact the spawn rate of chests?

Or am I missing something on this specific chest run?

Thanks for your help!

Aporia

IGN: In Aporia

• Favor only increases the gold item drop chance from foes. Chests are'nt affected in any way.

Edit: As for the spawn rates, that's entirely RNG dependent unfortunately.

I don't know if "rare items" means gold items or the same as rare skin. For me it's clearly the rare skins that fall more during the favor not the number of gold items. Or both?...

The September 26, 2013 update increased the drop rate of rare items when favor of the gods is active

• rare refers to gold rarity items.

on bukdek you need to run into the mobs to trigger the popup - occasionally the chest spawns with them popping. if you already did that you are doing it right. would just be bad luck - a sample of 25 really isn't statistically relevant.

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Thanks for your answers.

I’ve also noticed that more chests spawn without the quest active, did not do many runs to verify that though but probably related!

IGN: In Aporia

• - always go over the bridge because pop-up chest

- agree that spawn rate is poor in this run. But the exteme short duration compensates. Kinda boring though and I got tons of armor dropped..

- 3 ally shadow-steps on canthan ally npcs on the way (requires some practice for perfect execution) + HoS/vipers usage + dc on foe near chest for fastest run. take heroes with you to securely avoid any usage of skills other than running + shadow steps. Heroes dont affect chest drops.