• Official Post

Recently there has been a change made to the reactions everybody can make to posts, a few have been replaced and a couple removed.

This is the current list:

I have seen a few people make comments about this change already but wanted to open it up for discussion. Do we like or not like this change?

Also we can make more so feel free to suggest new ones that can be added or anything else related to this.

• Really the one i miss is the cry reaction ๐Ÿ˜ข, it's *really* fitting for many How Did GW Treat You Today posts ๐Ÿ˜†

๊š›๊š™๊š› Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ๊š›๊š™๊š›

• I've been thinking about this and there are a couple of points. Also this is generally a somewhat subjective topic so i do think a thread like this one is very good and necessary.

What's the purpose?

To me, the reaction icons are a very nice and quick way to interact with a post without actually writing a response, to literally non-verbally 'react'.

That does mean that each reaction should have a more or less clear meaning. A few/most of the new ones imo do not really have that.

My personal thoughts on the particular reactions:

-The Star of Transferance does not convey a 'like', nor does it replace a heart. I give fewer likes because of just that, and i do perceive that i may not be the only one doing that.

-The crying smilie is very clearly missing!

-A 'thumbs up' might have its place next to a regular 'like'.

-Kurzick and Luxon symbols may have their niche uses (for a armor/weapon combinations that looks like one or the other) but is that enough to justify them?

--small aside to that: there may be a related but kinda seperate discussion about whether to prefer a big selection of reactions vs. a smaller more concise selection.

-the one reaction out of the new ones that emerged as a good one imo (although in large part due to the missing crying smilie) is the Dhuum Scythe. It is a less sympathetic reaction to something thats perceived as negative ('dhuumed/ get dhuumed/ doomed' is how i interpret it).

-I personally suggested the armbrace and grail so i'm not complaining; armbrace does have overlap with ecto as symbolizing 'money/currency' but because of inflation i thought it was necessary ^^ , 'grail' to give as a reaction to high-end grail items (although it does not need to be spelled out 'grail of might' since thats what the symbol already shows, 'grail' as its name would be sufficient).

-The Z-coin is another form of currency to me, so debatable if really needed.

-I suggest a 'fire' reaction with a burning condition or searing flames skill icon.

In general using icons from the game for this website is really cool, and since Guild Wars has a large number of them there is a lot of potential!

I absolutely understand the want for more cool symbols to use, however that does not mean that they all should be reactions. Some symbols could just be smilies and as far as they are concerned, I dont think they need to be limited in number there. The more options, the better.

My immediate suggestions:

Keep the current reactions, add back the missing old ones (with heart as like) and then use this thread to listen to feedback and ideas and make changes accordingly in a continuous process.

Verdammter Choleriker lรคsst Folgendes fallen: Verfluchter Stab.

• +1 reactions are not explicit, with respect to the chosen symbols. Half of them do not correspond to an emotional reaction, but are just symbols without more. By using them, we do not express anything concrete that is understood by the readers.

Choosing the number of emotions you want and only then choosing symbols that match them is right. Not the other way around.