Chests with Q8 Max Drop Possibilities

• Hi all,
    As a full time and active Chest Runner myself, I thought that this list may be something useful to other chest runners, or possibly players who would like to get into chest running.
    I realize there are other discussion/question posts out there asking about where to farm Q8s from foes, I would like to keep this thread specific to chest drops.

The below is a list of all GW chests by Campaign. I would like to track which chests have a possibility of dropping a Q8 Max Sword, Shield, Focus (since these are the only Q8s that still drop).
    In order to update this list, I am looking for input from other players. If a chest is known that it absolutely cannot drop a Max Q8, it will have a "no". Only if it is 100% known by experience (not by a guess) that a max q8 has dropped, it will have a "yes". Any that are unknown or gray area, will remain as a "?" until known for sure.

Disclaimer: The below is based on research, feedback, and experience. Please keep in mind that it is easier to prove a specific chest will drop a Q8, versus it not being able to drop one. With this in mind, if a chest is listed as no, and you can provide a screenshot with the item on the ground assigned to a player, this would help with updates and the ongoing research.

Prophecies
    Normal Mode
    Ascalonian Chest - No
    Steel Chest - No
    Krytan Chest - No
    Maguuma Chest - Yes
    Elonian Chest - Yes
    Shiverpeak Chest - No
    Darkstone Chest - No
    Miner's Chest - No
    Sorrow's Furnace (Kilroy's Quest) Keyless Chest #1 (Purples only) - Yes
    Sorrow's Furnace (Kilroy's Quest) Keyless Chest #2 (Purples only) - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Sorrow's Furnace (Kilroy's Quest) Keyless Chest #3 (Purples only) - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Hard Mode
    Ascalon Locked Chest - No
    All Other Locked Chests - No
    Sorrow's Furnace (Kilroy's Quest) Keyless Chest #1 (Purples only) - Yes
    Sorrow's Furnace (Kilroy's Quest) Keyless Chest #2 (Purples only) - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Sorrow's Furnace (Kilroy's Quest) Keyless Chest #3 (Purples only) - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)

Factions
    Normal Mode
    Shing Jea Chest - No
    Canthan Chest - Yes
    Kurzick Chest - No
    Luxon Chest - No
    Forbidden Chest - No
    Deep Jade Chest - No
    Stoneroot Chest - No
    Hard Mode
    Shing Jea Locked Chest - No
    All Other Locked Chests - No

Nightfall
    Normal Mode
    Istani Chest - No
    Kournan Chest - Yes
    Vabbi Chest - No
    Ancient Elonian Chest - No
    Margonite Chest - No
    Demonic Chest - No
    Treasure Chests (keyless) (NM or HM, same quality drops) - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Istan - Issnur Isles - Buried Treasure - Yes - Updated 1/12/18
    Istan - Mehtani Keys - Treasure Chest - Yes - Updated 1/12/18
    Kourna - Arkjok Ward - Buried Treasure - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Kourna - Bahdok Caverns - Do Not Touch - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Kourna - Jahai Bluffs - Treasure Chest - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Vabbi - The Mirror of Lyss - Buried Treasure - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Vabbi - Forum Highlands - Do Not Touch - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Vabbi - The Hidden City of Ahdashim - Treasure Chest - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    The Desolation - The Ruptured Heart - Buried Treasure - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    The Desolation - The Sulfurous Wastes - Treasure Chest - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Realm of Torment - Domain of Pain - Treasure Chest - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Realm of Torment - Nightfallen Jahai - Treasure Chest - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)

Hard Mode
    Locked Chest - No

Core
    Normal Mode
    Phantom Chest - No
    Obsidian Chest - No
    Zaishen Chest - No
    The Underworld Keyless Chest - No
    The Fissure of Woe Keyless Chest - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Hard Mode
    UW/FOW Locked Chest - No
    The Fissure of Woe Keyless Chest - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)

EOTN
    Normal Mode
    Locked Chest - No
    Dungeon Chest - No
    Hard Mode
    Locked Chest - No
    Dungeon Chest - No

I will try to update the list on a regular basis.

Thank you in advance for your future input

Agent Chevy

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

Edited 6 times, last by Agent Chevy (December 19, 2020 at 10:11 PM).

• 300-450g chests only ones that can drop it. lvl Range IS 17-21 that drops q8. And for other. Maguuma IS lvl 18 kourna cantha And elonian lvl20.

HM shing jea And ascalon lvl22. All 600g+ are lvl24+
    Kryta lvl 15.

For other chests 1st keyless on killroys quest lvl20, 2nd 22 And 3rd 24. Fow/uw keyless lvl24.

And ive had drop of q8 each of chests i started yes

Edited once, last by Pleikki (November 3, 2017 at 4:13 PM).

• And i want to add here as you edites yes to lvl22 chests on OP that i Said The Range IS lvl17-21 so No to killroys And ascalon/shing jea HM. Figured If id edit My Post you wouldnt notice this. Hence double post

I would personally put ? On those lvl22 since noneone Been able prove they Cant drop q8 but i guess IT might have 0.00000001% change until someone proves IT wrong

PS. Sorry For super Bad writing using My phone And The autocorrect IS shiz

Edited once, last by Pleikki (November 3, 2017 at 5:22 PM).

• Q8 can drop from all keyless chests in Sorrows Furnace.

If I remember the cut off for req8 is 17-23 And not 21, since 24 is where you get the climb in stat requirements as per the nerf that ruined drops forever.

I've always believed that HM chests in starter areas drop req8 but from extensive testing I believe that there is some other factor stopping this from happening, and would say with certantity it's not possible.

Also the keyless chests in the elite areas share the same drop pool and requirements as sorrows, so I would say yes to them and I'm pretty sure I've seen a few req8 from them before. You can see this too just from the fact you very often can get non max items from them, even though it's an elite area (never seen a purple 15ar shadow shield right?).

• Thank you both for the input above.

I have changed the 3rd SF Keyless chest and FOW/UW Keyless chest to "? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)"

I would rather be on the side of caution as a gray area with a ? and only list a yes if one has dropped for sure.

Which means.... off to SF all chest runners hehe.

Agent Chevy

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Holy... how come I have never seen this thread before?

I asked myself the same question and did excessive research... The possible requirement depends on the unid value of items. q8 is possible up to 35g unid value (speaking of gold and purple items excluding purple staves, which work differently) while max foci will drop at unid values as low as 32g, shields as low as 33g and swords as low as 34g.
    Second thing to know is: the unid value of items, that come from certain source, depends just on their level - and even though not shown on the target window as on mobs, chests do have a level as well.
    Now there are chests of different levels:
    (5-11g) lvl7: Ascalonian, Shing Jea, Istan and the chest during the quest "The Deserters" (which only generates blue drops though)
    (10-18g) lvl11: Steel
    (15-27g) lvl14: Krytan
    (22-37g) lvl17: Maguuma
    (32-54g) lvl20: Elona, Canthan, Kournan, first chest in sorrows furnace during Kilroy´s quest (nm and hm have no difference in chest level here)
    (40-60g) lvl22: locked chests in Ascalon, Shing Jea, Istan, second chest in sorrows furnace during Kilroy´s quest (nm and hm have no difference in chest level here)
    (50-57g) lvl24: all others (dungeon endchests, locked chests EotN nm, all other locked chests, ...it´s too many to list them all...)
    Thus: lvl 17 and lvl 20 chests can drop max q8 foci, swords and shields, same accounts for mobs: lvl 17-20 can drop those, best chance is on lvl20s, since the lower possible unid values that mobs of certain level can drop are far more frequent than higher ones.
    Thus referring to the thread: All that is stated in OP is agreed EXCEPT: Sorrows Furnace second chest will definitely not drop any q8 item (except purple staves since those work differently and are actually possible in that range)!
    Furthermore I can fill you in almost all the gaps:
    Sorrow's Furnace (Kilroy's Quest) Keyless Chest #3 (Purples only) - no (nm and hm likewise)
    Shing Jea Locked Chest - no
    Nightfall HM: Locked Chest - no
    The Fissure of Woe Keyless Chest - unfortunately I have no clue, sry - never did this - but will do in future whenever there is time!
    EOTN
    Normal Mode
    Locked Chest - no
    Dungeon Chest - no
    Hard Mode
    Locked Chest - no
    Dungeon Chest - no

So far the regulars - now there is more chests though: the keyless treasure chests in nf. Those are weird: the unid value is generated differently on those, thus the ranges are not as easy to tell on here. I have far too few data on this since I can only open the chests every 3 moths - for the other items I have logged more than 10000... so see you in the next millenium on these :P You might want to add them in your list and the community might want to post screens: if you find a max DMG Focus, Sword or Shield on a chest, if you find any q8 item other than a purple staff. Best while on ground and reserved for you (black out name if you want) That´d help on this. Until we have proof of all this - there is uncertainty (yet I heard of q8 max shields/foci coming from the ones on istan - yet no screens)
    So far by the statistics I can tell that only Istan and Kourna keyless ones have a chance of being able to generate q8s - all the others won´t. But on Istani and Kournan ones I lack data in order to tell for sure...

And on a different note: a source dropping max q8 foci doesn´t tell 100% it will drop max q8 swords as well... but those are details ;) For chests the statement is true - so it´s ok in here!

Hope this could help a little...
    I´m open for questions - if there is any... :O

~Red

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• It's only 8 days old :P

Oh - classic

well I´m german and we write the dates as day - month - year thus I thought it was from march :D (ye I still get confused sometimes...)

see it as a over-dramatification XD

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• I'm dutch and we write the same. it's logical though

Americans... inches and foot - wait we´re getting offtopic...

Back on topic to what ikki said:

300-450g chests only ones that can drop it. lvl Range IS 17-21 that drops q8. And for other. Maguuma IS lvl 18 kourna cantha And elonian lvl20.

HM shing jea And ascalon lvl22. All 600g+ are lvl24+
    Kryta lvl 15.

For other chests 1st keyless on killroys quest lvl20, 2nd 22 And 3rd 24. Fow/uw keyless lvl24.

And ive had drop of q8 each of chests i started yes

this is close, yet there are some data wrong, but I cleared that in my previous post (Maguuma is 17, Kryta 14). I know you agree, since we did this together ;)

And i want to add here as you edites yes to lvl22 chests on OP that i Said The Range IS lvl17-21 so No to killroys And ascalon/shing jea HM. Figured If id edit My Post you wouldnt notice this. Hence double post

I would personally put ? On those lvl22 since noneone Been able prove they Cant drop q8 but i guess IT might have 0.00000001% change until someone proves IT wrong

PS. Sorry For super Bad writing using My phone And The autocorrect IS shiz

No one will ever be able to prove something does not drop. We can only generate enough data in order to tell it´s very likely. I figured out pretty much how the drops are generated, yet there could always be that one drop, that changed everything - but after 10000 items logged one could be pretty sure on certain things... So far any "no" will be a "most likely no".

No offense at all, just clarification.

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

Edited once, last by Red Fireball (November 11, 2017 at 12:40 AM).

• Thank you, Red, appreciate the detailed feedback and sharing your wealth of knowledge on the subject.

I made the following changes, if I missed any, or misunderstood any, please let me know

*Added disclaimer regarding welcoming proof of a Q8 being able to drop from any chest that says "no"
    *Changed Kilroy's chest #2 and #3 to No
    *Changed Ascalon HM from ? to No
    *Changed Shing Jea HM from ? to No
    *Changed Nightfall HM from ? to No
    *Changed all EOTN chests from ? to No
    *Added NF Treasure Keyless Chests

Agent Chevy

Edited once, last by Agent Chevy (November 12, 2017 at 12:19 AM).

• Red is all knowing and I completely agree with him on all accounts. However when I came back to play for a while me and my brother did Sorrows Furnace extensively for fun (we flooded the market of purples xD) I can say with 100% confidence that we had req8 from the second and third kilroy chest. It was only focus and shields, but still. All in all it means nothing unless it's a req8 crystalline, but req8 can definitely come from those chests. If I recall I "looked" into it at one point and noted no difference in level between keyless chests. Maybe it's because of their drop tables or mob relation.

• Well seems we definetly could use Ppl to do sorrows and Log each gold value of items of all chests, Since when we did it with Red year orso ago the data was quite certain it was only 1st chest that dropped items on unid gold value (item lvl) low enough to generate q8, and every screen of q8 drop there ive seen been from 1st chest.

• Thanks again for the continuous feedback. I am intrigued with the idea with further research on kilroys quest. I am game to log some entries here as well as soon as I do some immediate logging on the NF keyless treasure chests that is first on my list. I encourage others to do some research. As of now, all keyless chests could use some research (unid value collection is useful as well), this includes SF kilroys quest, NF treasure chests, and FOE/UW keyless chests.

Agent Chevy

• Red is all knowing and I completely agree with him on all accounts. However when I came back to play for a while me and my brother did Sorrows Furnace extensively for fun (we flooded the market of purples xD) I can say with 100% confidence that we had req8 from the second and third kilroy chest. It was only focus and shields, but still. All in all it means nothing unless it's a req8 crystalline, but req8 can definitely come from those chests. If I recall I "looked" into it at one point and noted no difference in level between keyless chests. Maybe it's because of their drop tables or mob relation.

Alright - I did not a hell lot of research on those - thus I agree we can make more research there - could you check if you have a screen of either chest dropping q8? Since even tho I did not too much research on them everything added up - the stats, the unid values and the logic. I´ll definitely look into that again. For anyone who´d like to help on the drop research part: unid value (value of item at trader while item is unidentified), exact stats, mentioning the drop source, nm or hm, and if it´s a odd one (any q8 for example, nonmax stuff) - a screen with the item on ground assigned to you. That would cover all relevant data I guess.

I got a gold q8 shield of the lion from one of the istan treasure chests.. but it was years ago. I'll dig and see if I screened it.

That´d be cool!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

Edited once, last by Red Fireball (November 13, 2017 at 1:07 PM).

• 24yajcj.jpg
    51szf9.jpg

Was too fast picking the second one up - sry. But thus Mehtani and Issnur drop q8. From the other drops I got it made the impression to be lvl20 as well (got many nonmax, items from q8 to q13 both is typical for lvl 20) but ye - to determine that for sure more data would be suitable :)

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• I like that Voltaic Wand, Red! It also gives some good data.

I have run a few treasure chests as well and got this one from the Buried Treasure in Issnur Isles (Unid Value of 32g), not quite there but promising to say the least.

111417_Q8_15-21_Adamantine_Falchion.jpg

• I've tested the keyless nf chests over the past months and finally yday got gold max q8 shield from mehtani after countless nonmax q8. Will edit this and addd screen as soon as I find time. Drops on issnur are in same range yet I didn't get lucky yet - so it's just a matter of time for the screen satisfaction part. Other findings I'll add as well, briefly: these two can drop q8s others can't.
    Cheers (SF coming up next...)

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Yeeahhhhh!! Nice, thank you Red, we needed that. Curious what skin you got.

I went ahead and updated the list so that I don't forget, but please still post the screenshots.

• 24d3sjk.jpg

It´s an Eagle Defender.
    General results:
    1st and most important: the unid values of the items correspond with those of normal loot absolutely. This may not be directly clear as to why it important, but: that means the drops can be predicted by the range of unid values dropping from the chest. I did compare the unid values of all items, yet those usually have quite a huge range of unid values they can drop in - thus the general comparison might be an indicator yet not too strong evidence, even though just for the sake of completeness: everything fitted in. Differently it is on stats that happen only in one variation: inherent HSR staff mods on gold staves, ene for foci, shields armor and armor piece armor. second and last did not happen to me - I suspect they do not drop? I have far too few data (~50items for the istan island chests) to be able to tell anything about skins but it seems that armor pieces are impossible as well as foci (now that I summarize it like this this is interesting - if anyone could confirm it maybe? - I mean the foci part). So for those stats (HSR of gold staves and arm of shields) there is just a tiny range of unid values that enables one option: My overall data yields for gold/prpl shields: 15arm: 27-33g, 16arm: 33-58g and for gold staves HSR: 18%: 29-37g, 19%: 38-48g, 20%: 49-57g. You see there is almost a direct knowing from the unid value to the related stat. Now in my treasures runs I had many shields and gold staves (10 shields and 10 staves in istan to be precise) and compared the data - and it was all in agreement with my data from other sources. So we can predict the item levels, thus their possible DMG-Ranges and their possible reqs by their unid value range just as well for treasure chests as for other mobs. The only difference - which is no surprise - is the missing cutoff on higher levels. That is an extra feature which has been added to the drop generation: there are highest DMG on weps and highest unid values on unid items. So it seems that just the cutoff for the unid values has not been respected on treasure chests, yet ofc the max DMG cutoff has been ofc ::D
    So the next point:
    2nd: There are 5 categories of treasure chests:
    istan (issnur,Mehtani) 31-49g unid items
    kourna (Arkjok,Bahdok,Jahai) 44-62g unid items
    vaabi (Mirror,Jahai,Ahdashim) 51-68g unid items
    desolation (Ruptured,Sulfurous) 58-72g unid items
    realm (Pain,Jahai) 66-72g unid items
    in correspondance with the classification by region on wiki (I did not have all the min and max values from all the chests in a category yet, but I had similar and see huge discrepancies between chests from different regions, thus I´d say this one is correct) Also I do suspect the given ranges are not entirely exact, might get items a little out of range, since collecting data on these is slow... as said 50 items in istan so far (and corresponding in other areas).
    Now the conclusion:
    3rd:
    a) istan type treasure chests will be perfect for q8s even tho it seems only shields and swords can be obtained of those weapons still dropping in max q8. They have a slight different unid value range than the lvl20 mob (whose range is 32-54g) but that is nothing to worry about if the entire theory is true since it obviously doesn´t have any lvl 19.75 or something - NO it just supports the point that items have a "level" and that the mob lvl is just used to automatically generate a rang of item "levels" to drop from them rather than typing in manually a table into the gw drop code that lists for all mobs what level of items they can drop - If questioning anything about the drops think of it like a programmer: how to you easily establish a drop algorithm that yields these results we see? so for treasure chests I don´t know how they determined the ranges, but I don´t have the limits clear enough yet as to make any conclusions.
    b) while generating nonmax weapons which obviously are in consonance with the 44-62g unid range, kournan treasure chests won´t get you any q8s (except purple staves)
    c) all the other treasure chests will be great to get max damage items but you´ll never in your life see a q8 there (unless maybe purple staves)

this is the closest we could get to "prove" something not dropping q8 - by figuring the drop mechanism and from there determine the limits

EDIT:
    and you miss out: zaishen chest - no (I hope we don´t have to argue about that ;D - or you guys show me the q8 insc crysta, CC, BDS, Volti ...)
    furthermore with these statements I think we could change the other treasure chests to a "no" (maybe even summarize it a little to make it easier to see - like treasure chests: istan: yes, Kourna: no, Vaabi: no ...)

EDITEDIT:
    fun fact: also got an adamantine just like yours ;) 15-21 q8

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

Edited once, last by Red Fireball (January 12, 2018 at 6:26 PM).

• Im positively sure ive had armor on mehtani. Probbly offhands too but idk If i got proof. But 100% sure armor And offhands drop from treasures on kourna And later so i dont see why they wouldnt elsewhere i do have vague memory of someone Posting somewhere screenshot of maybe earth prism q8 that he got from keyless someting idk If guru or legacy or Via PM or what. Hardbelive they wouldnt drop For sure. Needs researchhh

Edited once, last by Pleikki (January 12, 2018 at 10:21 PM).

• Thank you Red as always for the additional detail on this subject, always so informative. I also track all of my treasure chest drops. On the subject of the Kournan treasure chests, I haven't logged a weapon (shield/focus included) being under 51g, however I have logged an armor piece with unid gold of 35g. I will continue my tracking and will share any anomalies.

• Pleikki: I agree that they should drop foci and atmor pieces as well very likely, just pointed it out since those 2 of 4 types that could have been used to prove the normal generation of items in respective to gold value.

@chevy: 35g seems terribly low, I have doubts. What armor did the piece have, where did it happen? We have to further investigate this (35g would leave a slim chance for max q8.)

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• It was the Kodonur Crossroads Treasure Chest
    On Nov 14th 2017
    Got 255g with it
    Purple Half-Digested Armor

• Checked my older data and had foci and armor drops recorded as well thus this oddity seems ruled out. The 35g armor piece still seems interesting - 35g could have a slim chance for max q8
    Was it 39 or 40 armor? (Thats what I meant) further investigation would be cool!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Ahhh gotcha now, I wasn't recording the armor amount on the armor pieces, but will start. I ran 38 treasure chests this morning and no luck, istani or kournan. Will try again in 31+ days :)

• Ahhh gotcha now, I wasn't recording the armor amount on the armor pieces, but will start. I ran 38 treasure chests this morning and no luck, istani or kournan. Will try again in 31+ days :)

Generally if you get one drop that is very off the grid - make a screen with all data at merchant: with the notification in the chat scrolled in to where it dropped with its stats, value, source and your inventory in view. and if you dare to waste the space keep the item unid on a toon for later reference :D
    I have roughly 6 such items that I found very important - e.g. a 60g staff (HSR18 white), a 59g pair of daggers, a max DMG staff at 35g, a purple armor piece dropped in nf that is unidentified yet doesn´t read "unidentified" meaning a clean item dropping, and two others I can´t reference by head :D seems they were not too spectacular?!^^

EDIT: just checked: one is a 20/10 11-21 q8 purple staff, which is an all stat max one for q8, and one is another staff blue that was 58g unid and now is 146 with improved sale value (also 18HSR)

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

Edited once, last by Red Fireball (January 14, 2018 at 12:23 PM).

• What items are in maguuma and elonian chest drop tables that wont drop in canthan chests? Atm I can't think of any and running those two in nm feels like a waste

That is just personal taste I guess - maguuma and elonian chests have a higher chance for the core skins, since - as you correctly stated - there is barely any skin that couldn´t drop from a canthan chest. This said you can say that running canthan chests is a waste, since the chance for a q8 caster short sword is way lower (that is like the holy grail to some) thus - just personal taste. I´d just leave all the options here - which you prefer is your choice and nothing to be calculated.

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• @ pleikki this is what I was thinking. Pongmei is pretty solid chest run but it has too many q8 +5e items which I see alot around, apart from few grail items. Then again chestrunning for a q8 +5e weapon is a waste of time imo.. I think im better of chestrunning hells precpise and tascas for shields

• Well it depends what ur after, if ur looking for profit running anything hardmode is better then running for q8s,

but when case is like mine where you dont want good drops so you could sell them, but rather wanna keep the drops its better run for that 0.0001% change of someting you want to keep ;)

• Bumping this to the top.

I have seen several posts recently and had multiple conversations with players wanting to get into Q8 chest running. This may be helpful to anyone who hasn't seen this previously as it got low in the thread list.

I also want to put out there that there are still several chests that are unknown, although I am leaning towards marking them as not being possible based on my own experiences but if they can be proven otherwise (with screenshots), I will update accordingly.

Chevy

• I know this post is a bit older but I just wanted to add that I had back in the day a q8 motivation Eagle Defender 16armor out of those NF treasure chests.
    I never run them was just while cleaning the area.
    No screen I can give here as well because I sold it and its quite a long time ago..maybe around 1n half year or something like that.

• I know this post is a bit older but I just wanted to add that I had back in the day a q8 motivation Eagle Defender 16armor out of those NF treasure chests.
    I never run them was just while cleaning the area.
    No screen I can give here as well because I sold it and its quite a long time ago..maybe around 1n half year or something like that.

Thank you Eric for providing this feedback. The post may have been posted awhile back but still applicable today. Doesn't hurt to get a little bump on it either :).

The Treasure chests are listed in the Nightfall Section, however Q8's have only been confirmed from the Istan Treasure Chests. Since Kourna locked chests can drop Q8s, I am still curious if a q8 will drop from these treasure chests. From data collected, the unid gold value has been too high (over 34g) to suggest they can drop Q8s but never know. Do you happen to remember which of the treasure chests it dropped from?

Sample:

Treasure Chests (keyless) - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Istan - Issnur Isles - Buried Treasure - Yes - Updated 1/12/18
    Istan - Mehtani Keys - Treasure Chest - Yes - Updated 1/12/18
    Kourna - Arkjok Ward - Buried Treasure - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Kourna - Bahdok Caverns - Do Not Touch - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)
    Kourna - Jahai Bluffs - Treasure Chest - ? - Needs Drop Research (proof of Q8)