Chat Filter - Filter out gold spammers.

• i added:
    Ç0M = Suppress, Any

ÇoM = Suppress, Any

For:

M-M-0 GÅMÉRS MARKÉT.Ç0M

The bulk of their text is different ad by ad, so just using those bits as a 'blanket' term

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• On windows 10 use utf-16 LE encoding for you chatfilter.ini the other encoding options do not recognize certain characters as the same, and you will be adding new rules forever.

Utf-16 BE = BAD IT WILL CRASH GW! MAKE SURE YOU PICK UTF-16 LE

• i found evidence of a possible server side block/suppress chatfilter list. Even without your block list on, nobody can type multiple V s such as "vvvv" or "vvvvvv". Not exactly sure why that combo, other than it maybe looking kinda like W s.

• Hi guys, was just wondering if someone kept a more up to date version? I downloaded the last one, but I feel like it doesn't filter anything, thinking maybe since as I see most spammers now include either a - or a _ between the letters (I only see a few such lines in the file), or I might be just doing something wrong? (saved as ChatFilter.ini with UTF-8 coding in the same folder as screens/templates, [ChatFilter] line at top then an empty line then the filters?)

IGN: I Zes I

• Hi guys, was just wondering if someone kept a more up to date version? I downloaded the last one, but I feel like it doesn't filter anything, thinking maybe since as I see most spammers now include either a - or a _ between the letters (I only see a few such lines in the file), or I might be just doing something wrong? (saved as ChatFilter.ini with UTF-8 coding in the same folder as screens/templates, [ChatFilter] line at top then an empty line then the filters?)

i keep the list in my thread at the presearing site updated regularly as i find new ones.

https://presearing.boards.net/…atfilter-ini-idiots-guide

The current list is below, including very old rules if they recycle them.

It works fine even that long with no lag.

• Official Post

Thank you!

You can use this tool : https://guildwarslegacy.com/tools-and-downloads/

It will automatically download the latest version from our server and is regulary updated (mainly by bears01).

You should place that file in your Guild Wars directory, it will download the latest version and then launch Gw.exe (or Gw.lnk if it's present, so you can pre-fill your login info).

Looney, if you want, our list is hosted at https://github.com/kevinpetit/…lob/master/ChatFilter.ini - you are welcome to add in any additions, to make the list even better.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

• new guy today... i just added "c,-0-m = Suppress, Any" to my list to nuke him. Idk how to edit on github via mobile or whatever xD

• Why are we limited to 20 names on the ignored list? For some of us, it would be much less of a hassle to just copy their name in the list once they pop up in the chat window. Took me 15 seconds right now. Has ANET ever mentioned why they capped it at 20?

• Why are we limited to 20 names on the ignored list? For some of us, it would be much less of a hassle to just copy their name in the list once they pop up in the chat window. Took me 15 seconds right now. Has ANET ever mentioned why they capped it at 20?

They change accounts often, and use similar ads on diff accounts. Iggy isn't a perfect solution either for the problem, constant new name whac-a-mole.