Chat Filter - Filter out gold spammers.

• i just added

C 0 M = Suppress, Any

to my list in case other sites use that spelling in the future.

Can't think of any non-spam messages that it would nuke, so whatever.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• just had a thought:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if someone at ANet kept a curated chatfilter list that was on GW servers? Like one that made it impossible for those text strings to be said at all, so the websites can't advertise to begin with.

Yeah, they would just change the text, and, someone would have to update the file, but, honestly there would be no need to log in GW. Ppl /report the spammers, once the chat log gets checked make a filter rule and ban hammer that account. Rinse, repeat, but, maybe, just maybe it would thin the herd of soooooooo many sites.

I'm not saying remove the current chatfilter at all, add it server side too.

• I figured out the solution if u make your own chatfilter.ini make sure to put a space in between [ChatFilter] and whatever u add to the filter list I will attach what I have listed and edited from othersguildwarslegacy.com/attachment/3281/

Wait, your freezing gw problem was because u forgot the blank line after [ChatFilter]?

• [ChatFilter]

mmosky = Suppress, Any
    gw2sale = Suppress, Any
    GW2SàLè = Suppress, Any
    GVGMALL = Suppress, Any
    MMOG = Suppress, Any
    MM0G = Suppress, Any
    MMOSKY = Suppress, Any
    GW1SHOP = Suppress, Any
    goldaa = Suppress, Any
    Price Matching = Suppress, Any
    5 min delivery = Suppress, Any
    WVVW = Suppress, Any
    VVV = Suppress, Any
    VGOLDS = Suppress, Any
    WWVVVVWW = Suppress, Any
    C 0 M = Suppress, Any
    C0M = Suppress, Any
    C-0-M = Suppress, Any
    C-o-m = Suppress, Any
    c0 m = Suppress, Any
    C 0m = Suppress, Any
    g0ldaa = Suppress, Any
    GW1SH0P = Suppress, Any
    mm0sky = Suppress, Any
    g@mersm@rk = Suppress, Any
    SàLè = Suppress, Any
    GAMERSMARKÉT = Suppress, Any
    MM0 SKY = Suppress, Any
    g 0 l d a a = Suppress, Any
    v g o l d s = Suppress, Any
    gw1 sh0p = Suppress, Any
    G V G M A L L = Suppress, Any
    G o L D A A = Suppress, Any
    Instant delivery! = Suppress, Any
    Trustpilot = Suppress, Any
    gwmmsale = Suppress, Any

salё = Suppress, Any

Is my current list, gwmmsale is new, so is most of the 'c0m' variations towards the middle.

Tested them all and doesn't seem to filter out things it shouldn't.

Left plain 'com' out of the list so ppl can still send links via template code / pm.

Yup, found the correct ё to block gwmmsale's new one...:evil:

Edited once, last by Looney (June 26, 2019 at 12:33 AM).

• Thanks Looney.

What is it with these people, anyway? What's the point of trying to get around someone's chat filter? Presumably, if a player goes to the trouble of updating a personal chat filter to get rid of gold sellers, they're not going to be a potential customer. Am I missing something, or...?

• Thanks Looney.

What is it with these people, anyway? What's the point of trying to get around someone's chat filter? Presumably, if a player goes to the trouble of updating a personal chat filter to get rid of gold sellers, they're not going to be a potential customer. Am I missing something, or...?

Idk honestly, really all it accomplishes is annoy me into shutting off my filer by adding a character in front of [ChatFilter] and saving, then report them all, then turn back on my filter by deleting the extra character and saving it so its 'normal' again.

Maybe they want to piss ppl off so they get reported more and maybe more accounts of theirs banned?

They make no sense.

Edit: also, i'm testing out if rules for 'co m' and 'c om' are ok and don't nuke anything 'extra'...

So far so good, and i may add them soon.

For testing add

co m = Censor, Any

c om = Censor, Any

if you don't notice any extra '****' in random stuff, its only in ads, change 'Censor' to 'Suppress'. I don't include the <dot> because often they add a space there too.

Again, not adding plain '.com' so you can still share web links via template code name / pm

Edited 2 times, last by Looney (June 26, 2019 at 8:58 PM).

• New one today, but I can't figure out their spelling. I added "C0M" to my filter, which works for the moment.

It's "GAMËBLACKMARKËT,C0M" but the first "M" isn't actually an "M". It's possible that it's the greek Mu but I couldn't get the alt code for it to work - from what I could find, it's supposed to be Alt+924, but that gives me the British pound currency symbol.

The people are effing exhausting. Ideally, someone at ANET would do a massive Dhuum sweep on the bots and gold sellers, but I can understand that at this point in the game's life that may be a pipe dream. But going to great lengths to get around the filters of people who wish they'd die in a fire makes zero sense. It's just trolling.

• do ppl actually purchase stuff from them? or do they exist in all games and don't actually possess anything to sell and simply try to scam ppl?

They *must* sell something because they have accounts that buy items for ectos/arms from players in kama, so obiously there is a buyer somewhere.

• Thanks a lot this does help. I even added a few more. They keep changing, I guess they also know about the filters those spamming s**t bags.

• Thanks a lot this does help. I even added a few more. They keep changing, I guess they also know about the filters those spamming s**t bags.

I keep a list on presearing.boards up that I add to, the ini file here hasn't been updated in a bit, its someone else who was keeping it up.

If you need a link the thread on the pre thread its at http://presearing.boards.net/thread/3318/ch…ni-idiots-guide

I think that has my whole current list, but, they've also started only spamming at certain times (yes, some are 24/7 too :() so I may have missed adding a couple. It's truly a never ending battle to keep them out of sight.

One pro tip: add any character right at the beginning and save it 'turns off' the list. Then you can report the idiots, delete the extra character, resave and ur filter is back.

Like temporarily make it " $[ChatFilter] " to be able to see ads to report, then back to " [ChatFilter] " after.

I keep hoping for something like a mass purge every quarter or half year. :D

• I'm working on fixing this properly, I'll have to rewrite a bit on the core of the program I made before, but I didn't backup the code. So it's a rewrite, instead.

It will allow me to fix an annoying bug though.

Once it's done, the source code (and the chat filter list) will be on Github, so it will be very easy to update it.

• And I have completed the rewrite, it's fully open source so you can find it on https://github.com/kevinpetit/legacy-chatfilter

The ChatFilter.ini file can be updated using Github as well - if you want to add in changes, simply create a pull request and I'll try to approve asap.

The test-version of this new version can be found on https://github.com/kevinpetit/legacy-chatfilter/releases

Should you have questions or find a bug, feel free to let me know!

• On windows 10 use utf-16 LE encoding for you chatfilter.ini the other encoding options do not recognize certain characters as the same, and you will be adding new rules forever.

Utf-16 BE = BAD IT WILL CRASH GW! MAKE SURE YOU PICK UTF-16 LE

• i found evidence of a possible server side block/suppress chatfilter list. Even without your block list on, nobody can type multiple V s such as "vvvv" or "vvvvvv". Not exactly sure why that combo, other than it maybe looking kinda like W s.

• Hi guys, was just wondering if someone kept a more up to date version? I downloaded the last one, but I feel like it doesn't filter anything, thinking maybe since as I see most spammers now include either a - or a _ between the letters (I only see a few such lines in the file), or I might be just doing something wrong? (saved as ChatFilter.ini with UTF-8 coding in the same folder as screens/templates, [ChatFilter] line at top then an empty line then the filters?)

IGN: I Sudi I

• Hi guys, was just wondering if someone kept a more up to date version? I downloaded the last one, but I feel like it doesn't filter anything, thinking maybe since as I see most spammers now include either a - or a _ between the letters (I only see a few such lines in the file), or I might be just doing something wrong? (saved as ChatFilter.ini with UTF-8 coding in the same folder as screens/templates, [ChatFilter] line at top then an empty line then the filters?)

i keep the list in my thread at the presearing site updated regularly as i find new ones.

https://presearing.boards.net/thread/3318/ch…ni-idiots-guide

The current list is below, including very old rules if they recycle them.

It works fine even that long with no lag.

Current list

[ChatFilter]

mmosky = Suppress, Any

gw2sale = Suppress, Any

GW2SàLè = Suppress, Any

GVGMALL = Suppress, Any

MMOG = Suppress, Any

MM0G = Suppress, Any

MMOSKY = Suppress, Any

GW1SHOP = Suppress, Any

goldaa = Suppress, Any

Price Matching = Suppress, Any

5 min delivery = Suppress, Any

WVVW = Suppress, Any

VVV = Suppress, Any

VGOLDS = Suppress, Any

WWVVVVWW = Suppress, Any

C 0 M = Suppress, Any

C0M = Suppress, Any

C-0-M = Suppress, Any

C-o-m = Suppress, Any

c0 m = Suppress, Any

C 0m = Suppress, Any

g0ldaa = Suppress, Any

GW1SH0P = Suppress, Any

mm0sky = Suppress, Any

g@mersm@rk = Suppress, Any

SàLè = Suppress, Any

GAMERSMARKÉT = Suppress, Any

MM0 SKY = Suppress, Any

g 0 l d a a = Suppress, Any

v g o l d s = Suppress, Any

gw1 sh0p = Suppress, Any

G V G M A L L = Suppress, Any

G o L D A A = Suppress, Any

Instant delivery! = Suppress, Any

Trustpilot = Suppress, Any

gwmmsale = Suppress, Any

salё = Suppress, Any

v g 0 l d s = Suppress, Any

.co m = Suppress, Any

.c om = suppress, Any

,co m = Suppress, Any

,c om = suppress, Any

c-o- m = Suppress, Any

c-o-m = Suppress, Any

GАМЁBLAСКМARKЁТ = Suppress, Any

GАМEBLAСКМARKЁТ = Suppress, Any

МARKЁТ = Suppress, Any

C_o_m = Suppress, Any

C_0_m = Suppress, Any

ÇoM = Suppress, Any

Ç0M = Suppress, Any

С*0*М = Suppress, Any

С*o*М = Suppress, Any

сом = Suppress, Any

ÇÖМ = Suppress, Any

ÇõM = Suppress, Any

coМ = Suppress, Any

c0М = Suppress, Any

c0м = Suppress, Any

c"0"m =Suppress, Any

c"o"m = Suppress, Any

c|o|m = Suppress, Any

c|0|m = Suppress, Any

ço'М = Suppress, Any

Çöm = Suppress, Any

ÇõΜ = Suppress, Any

ç0m = Suppress, Any

Ç_õ_Μ = Suppress, Any

c0,m = Suppress, Any

cÖ,m = Suppress, Any

còΜ = Suppress, Any

ĆÓM = Suppress, Any

ĆÓМ = Suppress, Any

С-0- М = Suppress, Any

,COM = Suppress, Any

M- A- L- L- = Suppress, Any

,com = Suppress, Any

,c- 0m = Suppress, Any

,C -O-M = Suppress, Any

C- O-M = Suppress, Any

c -0m = Suppress, Any

• Thank you!

You can use this tool : https://guildwarslegacy.com/tools-and-downloads/

It will automatically download the latest version from our server and is regulary updated (mainly by bears01).

You should place that file in your Guild Wars directory, it will download the latest version and then launch Gw.exe (or Gw.lnk if it's present, so you can pre-fill your login info).

Looney, if you want, our list is hosted at https://github.com/kevinpetit/leg…/ChatFilter.ini - you are welcome to add in any additions, to make the list even better.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• Why are we limited to 20 names on the ignored list? For some of us, it would be much less of a hassle to just copy their name in the list once they pop up in the chat window. Took me 15 seconds right now. Has ANET ever mentioned why they capped it at 20?

They change accounts often, and use similar ads on diff accounts. Iggy isn't a perfect solution either for the problem, constant new name whac-a-mole.

• There is one in GToB that unfortunately has found that if he adds a number at the end it bypasses the filter. I've only been arsed to grab some of them. Also does Wts at the start so it's a bit confusing. I just cba to add every single possible numeric code.

• There is one in GToB that unfortunately has found that if he adds a number at the end it bypasses the filter. I've only been arsed to grab some of them. Also does Wts at the start so it's a bit confusing. I just cba to add every single possible numeric code.

That # one filter should get every other one though? A rule match that is only part of an "offending message" still nukes the message.

Personally i'd just add

G-V-G-M-A-L-L-C;0;M = Suppress, Any

or even just

C;0;M = Suppress, Any

as a new blanket .com misspelling nuke rule

and be done with it... make sure "Suppress" has 2x p

Ugh, its not so easy...

It's cyrllic es С, zero 0, and greek mu Μ, the second punctuation in С(;?)0;Μ is a semi colon, but idfk where in unicode the first character that looks like one is, because a semi colon isn't actually it, and its not a greek question mark.

Edited 5 times, last by Looney (January 29, 2023 at 8:15 PM).

• I see, so that's why it doesn't manage to filter it.... I tried so many times but it didn't work any of it and I really couldn't understand why. Also yes sorry I misspelled it a lot. Dinky__ is me, I just for some reason made a new user because I forgot I had this one lol.

Please let me know if you figure any way to filter it out.

- Neko Mc Fluffykins