Server maintenance (03/12/2016)

• [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Hello everybody,[/font]

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]As some of you might have noticed, we've been offline for a few hours today. This was a planned maintenance to allow me to implement some changes.[/font]

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]First, we've had email issues on the site for as long as I can remember. I have tried to solve these in several ways, but it ran deeper than I suspected.[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]I decided to take the time to fully fix it and hopefully it will stay fixed now.[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]During the maintenance, we moved over to a new server instance called "Aidan" (all of our servers are named after Guild Wars characters. The old one was called Barradin).[/font]

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]Next to that, another major reason for the downtime was introducing a hugely improved backup system. The previous backup system was the one provided by our infrastructure provider and didn't take backups often enough and it was way too much work to restore files.[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Our new backup solution runs on a new server, named "Cynn". This server is fully responsible for taking backups and is doing a good job so far![/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]The backup system has gone from a low 1/10 to a 9/10 for me, and it's something we all fully benefit from![/font]

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]This brings our total amount of servers to 3, being Aidan, Cynn and Devona.[/font]

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]Cynn is hosted by a different provider compared to Aidan, even in a different country, to make sure that if something goes wrong in our main location our backup location is not affected.[/font]

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]I've been able to do this huge overhaul of our backup system thanks to our donators, so thank you for your support![/font]

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]- Kevin[/font]

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• Sounds wonderfull! Thanks for your hard work, time, & effort.

You're welcome :). Guild Wars have been everything for me.
    It was about time I paid it back for everything :)

I advise you not to name a server "Rurick", things could happen.... :P

Some names are exempt, e.g. Rurik and Master Togo. Obvious reasons.
    Cynn has been behaving well though, but Mhenlo isn't nearby ofcourse.

• You'll have to be careful when you get to the Koss server. It'll break free from its server cabinet, run half way across the server room and attack a random group of much higher level servers which you were hoping to avoid. Usually when you're already in combat with some other servers.