My next GWAMM - Needing suggestions

• Hi all :)

So I am looking to begin my next GWAMM and am unsure what class I would like to play.

I have completed the title on my dervish, sin and Mesmer. I enjoyed Mesmer the most by far.

My concern with this next one is basically that I feel it will never feel as powerful or engaging as my Mesmer was. My most recent gwamm was my sin and I have to admit that it was horribly boring. I really enjoyed making a conscious effort to shutdown enemies while playing my mesmer and feel that may have been the root of a lot of the fun that I had.

Recently I have been playing my ranger with the new anniversary elite and sword. Although this build has been fun, the damage output just isn't there for me.

I am now considering Para or Necro. My only gripe with other casters is their slow casting time compared to mesmer because I feel everything dies before I can get my own skill chain off. This makes me lean toward para as a big team support but I also feel this limits my build options. Also paragons are cosmetically bleh.

Any suggestions are appreciated :) I know these threads have happened plenty of times but I always enjoy hearing different opinions on everyones preferred grinding professions.

• If you enjoyed shutting down enemies, there's nothing to say you can't opt for a similar play style on other professions. My first gwamm was my ranger and I ran a broad head arrow build for the bulk of it. Granted, this was about 13 years ago, so mesmers weren't what they currently are, and the vast power creep afforded by eotn cons/pve skills wasn't available at the time either (most of my first vanquisher/guardian was done pre-eotn). That said, some sort of caster shut down was almost necessary, so I'd bring BHA and a couple interrupts and just focus on snagging the key skills I saw. Damage output was super low, but it served its purpose.

On my sin (2nd gwamm) I ran temple strike for the same purpose. Perhaps a little less boring than the current dagger spam builds?

Necro was my 3rd gwamm and it honestly felt like the easiest of those three. Could maybe argue it has a little more viable build diversity than the others as well.

That's all I did before I took a massive break for gw2 (besides some work on a monk/derv), but now that I've come back to this game, I've started working on a rit, which would be gwamm #4. Even though I tend to just play a small variant of a single build on it, I like the option of viable diversity it has, if I do get bored.

Regarding your gripe about non-mesmer casters, you could always just handicap yourself a little bit and change your hero set up to allow for a varying pace/synergy in your play style.

Edit: I should add that I never really kept a rit/ele/para before quitting when gw2 came out. After my new rit, I'm most excited to go through everything with those other two first. Maybe just go for what's newest/most foreign to you? Try out different build comps just for the hell of it. Keep it interesting

IGN: Vengeful Was Unholy
    Discord: Unholy2295
    WTB Pre-nerf Greens -> Information
    My WTB Thread

• Considering you loved Mesmer the most, how about a Elementalist ? Several cool builds for that class eventho i havent spent much time on it myself.

There should also be skills that make ur casting go fast for ur concern :)

A god walking amongst mere mortals that can play with fire and walk on water, doesnt get cooler than that ;)

Goodluck with your choice dude! Must say its impressive you have 3 and wanna go for another one :D
    Cheers!

• I made my 0 death GWAMM on necro. I LOVED my fevered dreams spike build that splattered groups in HM. See my signature for link to screenshot and build. It was really fun and, with minor alterations to different areas, very effective.

The only downside is that I did use cons everywhere I went and the heroes decimate everything in NM before I can get off the damage chain. However in HM, it really shined.

Feel free to message me if you want more info on it.

PS I think you have me on ignore list in game :D

Good luck!

• I made my 0 death GWAMM on necro. I LOVED my fevered dreams spike build that splattered groups in HM. See my signature for link to screenshot and build. It was really fun and, with minor alterations to different areas, very effective.

The only downside is that I did use cons everywhere I went and the heroes decimate everything in NM before I can get off the damage chain. However in HM, it really shined.

Feel free to message me if you want more info on it.

PS I think you have me on ignore list in game :D

Good luck!

Appreciate it haha. If I do it definitely wasn’t intentional

• Hello, from melee class I would recommend warrior. It has many options, can use any melee weapon well.

As of casters maybe monk, its my new favourite class and it shines especially with 2nd player

• Hello, from melee class I would recommend warrior. It has many options, can use any melee weapon well.

As of casters maybe monk, its my new favourite class and it shines especially with 2nd player

I have considered monk but I am not sure what hero I would immediately replace as I think a BIP + ST + Monk is a bit unnecessary? Monk sounds fun but again I am just not really sure what team comps I would run.

• Well You could kick the hero monk or even play somtimes prot without st. On monk i often run 5 mesmers and 2 necro and depends on content change it. In nm You can even do 6 dmg +bip

• Official Post

My first was a SoJ monk (did some sides as healer) and my second a rit, almost finished with my ele. You can always try some unique builds and just play those on a character and see how far you get (I have ss necro, fire ele, etc).

:mouse:where is the 'all you can eat' cookie bar? :cookie:

• I have considered monk but I am not sure what hero I would immediately replace as I think a BIP + ST + Monk is a bit unnecessary? Monk sounds fun but again I am just not really sure what team comps I would run.

Monk is probably one of my favorite classes for regular PvE gameplay and you're still able to do a lot of end game play pretty quickly w/ the Nec & Mes heros, like HM DoA/Deep/FoW/UW. Granted it's not the same as SC time if you're into those, but you can still play through them pretty quickly w/o cons as long as you don't mind micro control.

Though, with my necro's recent disconnected/loss of power death while going for r2 Survivor in pre, I've started messing around with a Dervish.

Been playing with the intent of not dying, similar to hardcore mode in Diablo. Dervish being one of the only classes that I've never really played, I've to say that it's been a lot of fun. It's crazy how much they can solo farm lol. I've also been going through all of the quests during game play, finding new quests to keep for low req & q8 farms.