Museum feedback & suggestions

• I think it's the just cool the way it is right now, it will fill up little by little,.

Maybe some old timers will come say hello cause it's been a long time they want to do a proprer thread for their own collection so we never forget them ! :D

Wait and see but i also enjoy it ! Never use to come in this section much before because i didn't want to spend time reading 50 pages of a thread.

This is clean imo !

• Even if I think that's overall a good idea to be able to see beautiful collections and how these evolve, I do think this section may discourage collector wannabes, creating a select club where non-historical collectors won't be considered (leading to some acting as the elite and telling people what to do - or not do- with their items). For new collectors, it might be quite harsh posting a "random" collection into "the museum", in my honest opinion, even in one of the sticky posts. Where the original post was all about items, these seem to focus more on the collector than on the collection, which lessen space for discussion. Also, all the talk about "preservation" seems almost sectarian to me, but that's just my opinion.

Was just my 2 cents, I know I'm a nobody but I want to be able to see any kind of collection out here :)

• Even if I think that's overall a good idea to be able to see beautiful collections and how these evolve, I do think this section may discourage collector wannabes, creating a select club where non-historical collectors won't be considered (leading to some acting as the elite and telling people what to do - or not do- with their items). For new collectors, it might be quite harsh posting a "random" collection into "the museum", in my honest opinion, even in one of the sticky posts. Where the original post was all about items, these seem to focus more on the collector than on the collection, which lessen space for discussion. Also, all the talk about "preservation" seems almost sectarian to me, but that's just my opinion.

Was just my 2 cents, I know I'm a nobody but I want to be able to see any kind of collection out here :)

agree to an extent, but then again my /age says 27 months and some of those i wasnt even active. and while i certainly cant compete with some of the big bois that play the collecting game for over a decade, i certainly dont feel ashamed looking at my post here. maybe i should add that story to my thread to give hope to new collectors! (:

IGN: Joker Hates Trading

Feel free to message me ingame :)

• @Invokeur U raise some interesting points. Language is perhaps a little eccentric but I'm sure it was meant in good faith :)

All collections / collectors must be welcomed no matter how seemingly weird to others they are. I got some proper trash stuff, not even added the whalekin wands yet :D

IGN: Pyro Loves Lobsters

• not even added the whalekin wands yet :D

waiting for that! ^^

Invokeur It sounds to me like there's a lot of insecurity, maybe a little bit of blaming others for your feelings, and a teensy bit of accusing others of the things you're afraid they might do (to you?) sprinkled on top. Why?

We all started in the exact same place -- dead flat broke. Any of us who didn't start collecting on Day 1 started from behind, looking up the skirts of those who started the ascent before us. I would guess that includes everyone who will ever post a collection on this forum. Along the way, we are all helped by others and help when we can. We all learn from others and teach when we can. We follow our noses to whatever we consider interesting, beautiful, or worthwhile and work (somehow) toward those things. That's the story of every collection and of every collector. I hope you get around to telling yours...that's half the fun :heart:

<3[PhD]<3

• Some of my most favourite collections are made up of things most would consider not valuable. Collecting in Guildwars is about the journey and the friends one meets along the way, not the items one has.

All collections are celebrated, and to a large extent, the quirkier the better. Let’s see them!

• its still a totally viable feeling to be a bit shy when entering the scene and seeing all those huge posts with items that hold value you cant even fathom. we could do with a few more quirky but not super off the charts expensive collections (ill try to do my part on the weekend...)

IGN: Joker Hates Trading

Feel free to message me ingame :)