Remembering lost gamer friends

• I recently had a gamer friend pass on and know it has to be a common experience for so many of us. I'd love to hear your stories about your friends even if they didn't die maybe they just moved on to other games and you lost contact. Tell me about your friends share as much or as little as you like.

My friend played a lot of games with me I even convinced him to play guild wars before guild wars 2 came out. He loved lore and would always take so much extra time and watch every cut scene. I used to think that was so annoying but he always knew the answers to my questions about the story. He made up stories for all of his characters and managed to connect them all through all of the worlds he played in. He even had a story that made sense for Minecraft. He really was super talented at story telling.

• My alts guild was a guild i made for a friend who was sick of guild recruiters. She and I had an ally and chatted thru ally chat. I always had my alt pre storage parked in her guild, so sometimes chat channels got confusing. Mostly she recycled elementalists in presearing, but we played everywhere. I helped her prep her HoM for gw2, which neither of us liked a ton, but we tried to keep up with it. Mostly while we played we were busy chatting, so having heros hench in gw helped.

She had leukemia, and passed away half a decade or so ago.

My alt is still in her guild.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• Not Guild Wars related however I used to play Dayz in the South African community back when I lived there. I met a great guy called Hellsing so friendly and nice. We played for a bit until one night we logged off as usual and then the next day his wife had called me saying he passed away last night due to a DUI driver getting him.

Seeing him not online in many years on steam makes it very sad.

I miss him

• I have rather one that changed my course of direction... I was one of the top officers in this guild, along with husband and others and the leader thought well of us all. We did Drazach Thicket, before it became Morostav trails for the sc. He got to see a double elite drop, which I offered him one. Had fun playing Jade Quarry with them and whenever I do play jade quarry, I remember those times as well as using the guild hall, where he showed me the turtle. I name that turtle after him in the guild I have now x-D
    One day, we just chatted. Him about his son and teeth, which I admitted to (My top front are not real) having had similar issues and what I do recall from it all. He was worried about him and I could understand that. Anyway, he went afk and I went to farm, etc. came back to the char. still standing there... No word, I didn't bother him, because ya know real life and all. However, In real life, his son came in and found him gone, reading all of that. One of the other officers was on when his son was and he promoted her instead... When this one stated before hand that if anything was to happen. I was supposed to have lead the guild. I ended up finding out that I was the only mod in the forum they had. I gave everything to the one that tried to ruin him and his marriage. I had respect, she didn't. Anyway, she's got the guild and has one over in gw2. The Cape they kept, I designed for them.
    The Leader was only 36 years old and was basically same age as husband, which I did rely a bit on him to help me when I didn't understand my guy and wanted to learn from others aspects, etc.
    I have one character that is in pre that references part of one of his characters names (And it's clear reference to star trek).
    I had another sin that referenced his characters, because I was honored to be in that family, that guild, etc. (my account was hacked and ones like that were deleted) So, that's been 14 years ago almost. He taught me about sc it's self and how they original created the faction ones and how they were supposed to be different that the dungeon and elite scs.... ;( I got into many aspects of it that I never knew and for that, I'm grateful.

:heart: By the light of the fire and the sparkle of the stars, you came to realize the meaning of true love. - Lori B. :rit: