In depth guide for various OS caster skins and their values

• Before we begin, I'd like to say that this is not intended to be a guide on how much a specific item is worth. What I intend to accomplish with this post is a general guide on how much an item could be worth with all the circumstances accounted for.

This guide is intended for items that are currently able to drop in game. For any pricing related to items you believe to be pre-nerf, see following posts:

For pre-nerf (unique) items, see this post by Unholy.

For pre-nerf (rare) & (uncommon) weapons, shields and focuses, see Weapons and Shield & Focus by Evelynn Roscoe.

And lastly we have the beautifully compiled General guide by fsc1 for anything else.

• Perfect/imperfects vs. req (Wands, foci and staves)

A 20/20 high req staff/wand/focus is worth substantially more than a q9 20/19, since a 20/19, when equipped, will not have the highest modifier allowed on weapons in game. They're usually called one-offs. They still hold some value to people that really like the skin and won't mind the 1% off, but expect 1-10% of the value a max one would have. 20/20 Q9-10's are the ones holding the big money, but as always, it all depends on what skin.

• Skins

I want to adress a crucial phenomenon when it comes to Staves/wands. Any of these that are a "profession" skin, can ONLY roll HCT/HSR of their respective professions. I.e, a core elementalist staff/wand will only roll elementalist HCT/HCR's (Earth/Fire/Water/Air) while "zone specific" skins can roll into all attributes, excluding FC/SR/ES, thus making zone specific (which I will go into in a second) by far rarer in perfect 20/20 mods.

There is one exception that I'm aware of, and that is core Earth staves. Earth staves in this specific skin (obsidian) are very rare and quite sought after.

"Profession specific skins"

:ele:

CoreCanthan
    Earth MagicEarth_Staff_%28crystallized%29.pngEarth_Staff_%28core%29.pngEarth_Staff_%28Canthan%29.pngEarth_Staff_%28obsidian%29.png
    Obsidian
    Fire MagicFire_Staff_%28core%29.pngFire_Staff_%28Canthan%29.png
    Air MagicAir_Staff_%28normal%29.pngAir_Staff_%28lightning_spire%29.pngAir_Staff_%28metal%29.png
    Water MagicWater_Staff_%28core%29.pngWater_Staff_%28Canthan%29.png

:nec:

CursesBlood MagicDeath Magic
    Evil_Eye_Staff.pngAccursed_Staff.png
    Evil Eye | Accursed
    Dark_Tendril_Staff.png
    Dark Tendril
    Wailing_Staff.pngBone_Staff.png
    Wailing | Bone

:mes:

Domination MagicIllusion MagicInspiration Magic
    Inscribed_Staff.pngClairvoyant_Staff.png
    Inscribed | Clairvoyant
    Hypnotic_Staff.pngJeweled_Staff_%28twin_serpent%29.pngJeweled_Staff_%28metal%29.png
    Hypnotic | Jeweled | (Twin serpent) | Jeweled (Metal)
    Doesn't Drop in OS

:rit:

Spawning PowerChannelling MagicCommuningRestoration Magic
    Restoration_Staff_%28conjuring%29.png
    Restoration
    Channeling_Staff.png
    Channeling
    Communing_Staff_%28conjuring%29.pngCommuning_Staff_%28eerie%29.png
    Communing | Eeire
    Doesn't Drop in OS

Monk-tango-icon-48.png

Divine FavorHealing PrayersProtection PrayersSmiting Prayers
    Divine_Staff.pngHoly_Staff.pngHoly_Branch.png
    Divine | Holy | Holy Branch
    Doesn't Drop in OSDoesn't Drop in OSSmiting_Staff.pngWinged_Staff.png
    Smiting | Winged

These items are very common and very often roll perfectly into 20/20 of the matching attribute, since there's only 3-4 different HCT's to roll. The only exception again, would be the Obsidian Earth staff. I frequently merch these items because they're hard to sell and there's more of them for sale than people looking to buy. I might try to sell a q9 20/20 one for a couple of ectos, but even then it's a hard sell. Don't expect anything much from these skins. You'll find the occasional player liking the look of the skin and wanting to buy one but that's about it.

Edit: a few of these staves are less likely to drop than other prof specific staves, (thank you Oldschool Cool) see his comment down below for stats from his chest running data.

Disclaimer: This does not include the "profession" wands/foci. Even if they too cannot roll outside of their main profession attributes, having both of the mods on a wand/focus roll into the same attribute is rare enough and will have some interest.

I hope this then makes you realize how insanely rare it is for a wand that is not a profession specific skin to have both mods roll into the same attribute.

Q9 Rare skin focus with perfect matching mods, sold for 300a

17684-straweffigyos-png

added: A few desired mods on wands/foci are a combination of any of following mods;

• 19% or 20% HSR
    • 19% or 20% HCT
    • 10% HSR
    • 10%HCT
    • +15/-1 Energy
    • +14/-1 Energy
    • +1 (20%) mod
    • +1 (19%) mod
    • And on the rare skins, +5e^enchant

"Zone specific skins"

Now here's where things gets interesting.

These following items are not bound to any specific profession, and can drop for them all. A Bo staff can drop in q9 water and roll a HCT 20% restoration magic. This makes these skins a lot more valuable when they're 20/20 matching HCT's. Since there are so many attributes to roll from, these are naturally rarer than the previously mentioned skins, and harder to obtain in "20/20".

These skins are also valuable when dropped in 20/10 and usually sell for anything around 5-20e.

Restoration, prot and healing staves would be the exception, since they do not drop in OS reqs, and can only be found as HCT's.

Divine favor staves do drop, and are collected in any combination of the monk attributes as well as 20/20 matching.

Example;

6KYmdg.jpg
            A q11 Spawning power Platinum staff with HCT 20% restoration

• Staves, Wands, Foci

Note: Tyrian skins tend to be rarer and more popular.

CanthanTyrian
    Bo_Staff.png
    Bo
    Dead_Staff.png
    Dead
    Dragon_Staff.png
    Dragon
    Raven_Staff.png
    Raven
    Forbidden_Staff.png
    Forbidden
    Platinum_Staff.pngPlatinum_Wand.png
    Platinum
    Plagueborn_Staff.pngPlagueborn_Scepter.pngPlagueborn_Focus.png
    Plagueborn
    Outcast_Staff.png
    Outcast
    Cockatrice_Staff.png
    Cockatrice
    Amber_Staff.pngAmber_Wand.png
    Amber
    Jade_Staff.pngJade_Wand.png
    Jade
    Celestial_Staff.pngCelestial_Scepter.png
    Celestial
    Jellyfish_Wand.png
    Jellyfish (Wand)

These three items drops throughout Cantha and are very rare so I decided to include them as well. Any of these will have some kind of value when they're dual modded with max mods. Matching, max, and useful mods? Could be hundreds of arms.

Paper_Fan.png
    Paper Fan
    Jug.png
    Jug
    Paper_Lantern.png
    Paper Lantern

Elite zone specific skins

These are the best of the best, rarest and most expensive caster items currently still dropping in game (excluding the Shadow Staff, for some reason FoW items aren't as popular as the rest).

Urgoz/DeepFissure of WoeThe Underworld
    Wayward_Wand.png
    Wayward Wand
    Shadow_Staff.png
    Shadow Staff
    Ghostly_Staff.png
    Ghostly Staff
    Straw_Effigy.png
    Straw Effigy
    Zodiac_Scepter.png
    Zodiac Scepter
    Zodiac_Staff.png
    Zodiac Staff

I've always thought of creating this post because of the weekly "what is my q9 blood dark tendril staff worth" posts and the fact that their subsequent answers always contain the word "merch".

I intended to include shields as well but there's just too many variables when it comes to them. Skin/req/mods, max/min mods etc.

I hope I've been able to add something to your price-checking knowledge, and hopefully you'll have a reference point for future questions about skins and their rarities.

Advice for the higher end skins; don't rush the sale. Post it here and try to sell in Kamadan, and make sure to give it some time. There are a lot of collectors that would pay big for these items but aren't active enough to see a selling post that is closed after a week of bidding.

Have fun :)

Edited 24 times, last by Ravenshaw (April 14, 2022 at 7:01 AM).

• Nice guide, let's hope a mod see it and decide to pin it. :thumbup:

A few remarks :

> Some of the prof specific staves are somewhat valuable and should be saved from the merch when they are q9 20/20. It's the case for the "rarer version" of the skins :
    Jeweled staff (Metal) -> Jeweled staff (Twin serpent) // Air Staff (Core) -> Air Staff (Spire) // Earth Staff (core) -> Earth Staff (Crystallized). From some of my chest run data the rarer version drops 3 times less often than the common version.

> Seems the celestial staff (multiprof staff from faction) is missing from the list. Some of the other profession specific-staves are also missing but maybe that's because some of the images seems to be bugged.

>Maybe you went over the multi-prof wands a bit too fast. The fact that they can roll HSR/HCT from any profession makes them valuable even if they have slightly subpar stats.

For example a Jellyfish wand Q9 domi : 10% HSR / 10% HCT will definitively find a buyer. A Jade wand Q9 Fire 20% HSR fire 10% HCT doesn't have a perfect matching stats but will also bring some decent interest.

Disclaimer: This does not include the "profession" wands/foci too. Even if they too cannot roll outside of their main profession attributes, having both of the mods on a wand roll into the same attribute is rare enough and will have some interest.

I hope this then makes you realize how insanely rare it is for a wand/focus that is not a profession specific skin to have both mods roll into the same attribute.

To be a bit more specific the multi-prof focus (Plagueborn focus, paper fan, jug, straw effigy) can only drop with HSR/HCT or +1/20% linked to their profession.
    Ofc that doesn't change the fact that one of those focus with matching HSR/HCT will still be insanely rare and insanely valuable.

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)

Edited once, last by Oldschool Cool (January 22, 2022 at 11:09 PM).

• Nice guide, let's hope a mod see it and decide to pin it. :thumbup:

A few remarks :

Thank you, did a quick update because you're totally right. I've missed a few key points and also added the fact that some of the prof specific skins are a bit less common than others. I'll try to take a look on all the staves and update when I've got a bit more time.

Cheers :)

• Awesome post, thanks for putting it together and sharing it here.

I have moved the thread to the Xunlai Discussion area since it isn't price checking specific items but is more general market info/discussion.

It probably would be better kept somewhere visible eventually so I'll have a think about that and if anyone has ideas let me know.

• Great post and always helpful, but here are few points i got to say :D

A 20/20 high req staff/wand/focus is worth more than a q9 20/19, since a 20/19, when equipped, will not have the highest modifier allowed on weapons in game. Same concept with vigor runes, +41 hp valued at 10k while a superior with only 9 more HP, will be worth 10 times more. A player will be more "effective" if they just equipped an inscribable weapon with perfect mods. And we want to be effective before fashionable, right? RIGHT?

This would apply if u compare two of same skins and attributes sure, but skin>>mods imo and id say rare skins 20/19 sell more than common skin 20/20 :P Even rare skins 20/10 often sells higher than common skin 20/20 :D

Ritualist-tango-icon-48.png

Spawning PowerChannellingCommuningRestoration
    Restoration_Staff_%28conjuring%29.png
    Channeling_Staff.pngCommuning_Staff_(conjuring).pngCommuning_Staff_(eerie).pngRestoration_Staff_%28conjuring%29.png
    Divine FavorHealingProtectionSmiting
    Divine_Staff.pngHoly_Staff.pngHoly_Branch.pngDivine_Staff.pngHoly_Branch.pngProtective_Staff.pngSmiting_Staff.pngWinged_Staff.png

Also if it is about OS items as title says, Healing and protection, inspiration and restoration OS Staffs do not drop at all, those skins listed here do not exist OS :D --> Hence the reason stated below why mixed DF/spawn staffs are still valuable as its the best you can get for these attributes.

And yeah i agree with oldschool cool on the multiprof wand part tho, Celestial/platinum/Jellyfish can be very valuable even with mods not listed here.

Anyhow thanks for the post! :)

-Pleikki