• So I just came back to the game after like 12 years or so I’m been really having a great time back in the day PvP was my favorite and last night I thought I would do what I used to love and play a couple RA’s and I did two both times none of my teammates moved they were actually in spawn killing them selves and I was the only one actually playing and I was getting spam reported. What in the heck is going on here??? :/

• What in the heck is going on here??? :/

There was a gap in PvP where there were no more players on GW, like 2010-2013. Some modes could even be farmed with several accounts while playing against yourself, like Codex.

Then, following this and the abondante of Anet concerning the follow up of GW, the players started strongly to include bots in quantity, all modes included.

On the one hand, there were not enough players to create matches anyway. On the other hand, motivated players face bots / syncro, which will ban them due to their higher numbers during a match.

In short, PvP today is intellectual suicide. Either you are there to maximize a title and therefore you play directly or indirectly with those who have bots / syncro. Or you go elsewhere.

And since you've come a long way, PvE and bots aren't much better. Don't think that today an economy still exists in this game. Future majs or bans? Nothing to do, the damage is done there is nothing to see, circulate.

• Agree that PvP is dead. If you search for an enjoyable PvP-experience that is not only focused on maximizing titles by any means (empty, bots, synchronizing), GW is the wrong game.

PvE agree on the economy perspective, but you still can enjoy various speedclears (small but active community) or casual PvE with Zaishen- Mission/Bounty/Vanquish where you always find real players.

• I partly agree with posters above

RA is dead for sure

HA is nearly dead

!!!!BUT!!!!

1. ALLIANCE BATTLE events hosted on weekends. Only real players.

2. FORT ESPENWOOD events. Only REAL players.

3. GvG Community is very helpful and friendly compared to the real competitive Times. (there are still some. Salty dudes left tho but I mean it's an online game so there are allways some 😂) - there is some discords where Scrims are organized. - only real players.

The start in GvG is a bit hard tho but if u are willing to learn it can be very challenging and a lot of fun! 😊🙏

IGN: Mr Clean Value

:!: Important: Please if i win an auction/or u want to sell me an item write me an PM so we can organize the Trade :!:

...................................................................( Thanks for understanding and appreciate the help <3 )......................................................................................................

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

WTB: x00g - Clean Value items - 360g Roundshield - 256g RAM-hammer - Waterwand with 20/20 Fire

• Yeah, PVP nowadays is by far most disappointing activity in GW for returning players. If u are really into it, QQ discord is still kinda active, they form GVG from time to time https://discord.gg/vDMGkNDj There is also new pvp discord, more friendly for new players. I' m not sure how active they are https://discord.gg/pwGke2Cw . PVE scene is still very active. There is very good DoA teaching discord with teachers helping you during runs, reviewing your videos from runs, etc https://discord.gg/3Txr4x6 . There are shitloads of materials to learn FoW and UW, if you are interested FoW discord: https://discord.gg/xH9k6faN UW discord: https://discord.gg/6nutvR2R . There is also Deep discord that is pretty active: https://discord.gg/zpfwyxck . Every popular speedclear (DoA, UW, FoW, Deep, SoOsc, BoGsc) has at least few runs every day, mostly from Aria alliance https://discord.gg/3CWC78k6. And as you can see this forum, which is home for OS items enthusiasts, chest runners, collectors etc. is also very active. I believe regular game which is mostly focused on Zaishen missions, GWAMM and new way of playing "Ironman" is also pretty active. So yeah PVE is still very strong and it's probably way to go nowadays.

• So I too love me some PvP and I will give you the lowdown. Random arenas is like you said bots, farming titles. I encourage you to report them because Anet still does ban bots. There are a few legit players still trying to play RA but shy away from the martyr bots so just report them. A friend of mine reported every bot they saw in JQ which was proceeded by zkey prices spiking, and a few weeks later were literally 1/4th the amount of bots. So it does work. I do enjoy a good monkey wrench from time to time so its quite fun crippling these said bots on a ranger in JQ and they typically all go after you. Kite, crip, dshot, repeat. You can sway the game quite easily so you always win which drives the bot owner crazy and he proceeds to msg you. Now on to AB, pretty much every Friday people get together and do AB and they are all real people playing different builds (opposed to zurrie running 2mes+1ele+1monk in RA 3 of which are bots) Along with this boys toxicity, and syncing with absolute meta builds, I feel that was the final blow to RA. AB is not that, people run the professions they like oppose to running meta everything and it always is a fair, fun fight. On to Fort Aspenwood. Every weekend people play Fort Aspenwood, now there have been a few toxic, bad actors lately who will rig games by having alts xlog during loading screen leaving the numbers 2-3 off on one team. (this has only been on and off the last month and not frequent). None the less, it is still really fun still and I can count on it on the weekends. Sometimes towards the end of the day when the numbers of people dwindle, people will use a few bots to make the games happen but they are pretty darn op so I usually find something else to do when that happens. There's the run down shadynasty :p I do a fair bit of pvp so feel free to add me in game if you want to be part of some private games. I have been trying to orchestrate some low level Sunspear arena lately so if this interests you let me know.

IGN: Shiverpeak Arena

Edited once, last by shield plz (September 14, 2022 at 8:01 PM).

• So I too love me some PvP and I will give you the lowdown. Random arenas is like you said bots, farming titles. I encourage you to report them because Anet still does ban bots. There are a few legit players still trying to play RA but shy away from the martyr bots so just report them. A friend of mine reported every bot they saw in JQ which was proceeded by zkey prices spiking, and a few weeks later were literally 1/4th the amount of bots.

Gosh I wish we knew what was going on at Arenanet regarding this. They've never banned anyone I've reported to my knowledge, and they've even admitted in the past that their report function didn't function as intended. Having said that it's pretty awesome that they banned 75% of the accounts that your friend reported. Do you know if your friend had several accounts that he reported them on? Just trying to figure out what your friend may have done differently to get the report function to work.

"To be spoken well of in my line of work could be disastrous for my career." - The Ninth Gate.

• Gosh I wish we knew what was going on at Arenanet regarding this. They've never banned anyone I've reported to my knowledge, and they've even admitted in the past that their report function didn't function as intended. Having said that it's pretty awesome that they banned 75% of the accounts that your friend reported. Do you know if your friend had several accounts that he reported them on? Just trying to figure out what your friend may have done differently to get the report function to work.

Maybe one day the cleaning lady reconnected the plug, which everyone had forgotten. (Noise of W7 at startup)