What would you think of Guild Wars 3.

• What would you think of Guild Wars 3 .I would like to resemble the original more than GW2 .I had a better class build format .Bring back heros and secondary profession .Make it instanced.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Age: correction (August 7, 2022 at 11:14 PM).

• I agree on some things Age . IF a gw3 would come I also would want it to continue the professions,but I also dont want heros to come back. Maybe later like it was introduced with NF and only limit to 2 or max 3.

7 heroes kills pve with other humans. Before heroes were a thing,we had henchmen and they sucked so bad so that kind of incentivized to play with other human players as much as possible.

They really need to bring the core proffesions back atleast,like warrior,monk,necro,ele,mesmer,ranger.

I'm actually watching the video you posted here,but I dont think it should continue from gw2 with all the classes and professions,but instead use the professions with a main and a secondary, 8 skills, bring back the OS stuff, titles. This time it should be a dedicated monk so all roles are defined.

the combat style that the lady is talking about should be inspired from gw1.

I dont really want it to be instanced, I played Aion for like 5years and all zones were instanced pretty much which turned out pretty annoying with quests. I quite like how gw1 does it.

I also dont really think a UE5 would be the best idea, people would probably need a really high end GPU to run the UE5 game and it would be too much focused on graphics and less gameplay.

I always feel that the devs are pushing to show how good the new engine is in their game.

• Would love for the classes to come back (ritualist and monk especially) as well as the ability to make your own choices for ALL skills. Am on the fence about heroes and instances vs open world.

:mouse:where is the 'all you can eat' cookie bar? :cookie:

• You know I just got this crazy thought.
    You know how World of Warcraft has made available their earlier version of WoW, vanilla Wow.

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if GW2 had some GW1 style servers. So in essence they'd reprogram to make 2 versions of GW2.
    Imagine GW2 all played as GW1, but with jumping and parkour. - Yet still have body block, I find that was key in PvP fights. Walking through people is unappealing to me.

Selling on Nostalgia might be our only hope for a return to form to GW1. Generally speaking, creators look forward, not back. But I wouldn't mind a 2 for 1.

• There are 2 options how this can go Either it's this pattern :

GW1 awesome⬆️ 😍

GW2 Garbage ⬇️ 🗑

GW3 Awesome⬆️ 😍

Or

GW1 Awesome

GW2 Garbage

GW3 wtf is this shit and please kill it before it lays eggs 🥚

I assume it's the second option sadly. So my hype is kinda low for a GW3 sadly :(

IGN: Mr Clean Value

:!: Important: Please if i win an auction/or u want to sell me an item write me an PM so we can organize the Trade :!:

...................................................................( Thanks for understanding and appreciate the help <3 )......................................................................................................

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

WTB: x00g - Clean Value items - 360g Roundshield - 256g RAM-hammer - Waterwand with 20/20 Fire

• I would like for all the old classes to come back to as well as some of the GW2 like Chrono which was suppose to end up in GW as new chapter.@OST it would depend on if it was going to be coop instanced then you would need heros or hench.I would refer it that way unless you and an increase to the party size .

I would like to see attribute points back not traits .The only thing missing in GW is an auction house but they could of done that through msql like the online store .

I would say just over haul the old game add that and more out posts add new classes eg. Chron and Reverant .

I would say the GW is still selling as I keep seeing some new vids on it .It is a cheap game to play .

• I would like for all the old classes to come back to as well as some of the GW2 like Chrono which was suppose to end up in GW as new chapter.@OST it would depend on if it was going to be coop instanced then you would need heros or hench.I would refer it that way unless you and an increase to the party size .

I would like to see attribute points back not traits .The only thing missing in GW is an auction house but they could of done that through msql like the online store .

I would say just over haul the old game add that and more out posts add new classes eg. Chron and Reverant .

I would say the GW is still selling as I keep seeing some new vids on it .It is a cheap game to play .

firstly, that would be too many professions with combining gw1 and gw2, that would be so much balancing to do.

we didnt need heroes back in the day of gw, there were abundance of people everywhere,we had henchies which was a joke do anything with. Heroes are a abomination in gw, it killed pve with other players, and then came 7 heroes and made gw1 a shitt storm. Gw made for coop. If there was coop instances you would have to play with human players.

I dont think many would care much for a auction house, if you really fancy go play wow or some other mmo who has in their.

• firstly, that would be too many professions with combining gw1 and gw2, that would be so much balancing to do.

we didnt need heroes back in the day of gw, there were abundance of people everywhere,we had henchies which was a joke do anything with. Heroes are a abomination in gw, it killed pve with other players, and then came 7 heroes and made gw1 a shitt storm. Gw made for coop. If there was coop instances you would have to play with human players.

I dont think many would care much for a auction house, if you really fancy go play wow or some other mmo who has in their.

The thing is when you log in and not many are on like today and if you want it to be more like GW not GW2 then you will need heros and don't forget about PvP .There were lots of players in the first 3 years do do missions with but questing not really .

• İirc 7 heros were implemented after the game was abandoned for gw2 So that the players wouldnt need each other and can play solo so to speak.

Problem wasnt 7 heros tho. Even 3 heros were too strong. Gw's strength lies in coop and heros were the anti thesis of that. Perhaps if the game allowed 1 hero per char that couldve been more balanced. But wiping out coop? Bad move.

As for gw3 I'm personally lookin for gw1 with better graphics in essence. With better overall balancing of course. Be that as it may, there's probably gonna be demand for wowlike content too so I'm not hoping for this but the game might be built around the idea that there's enough content for people who want wowlike content and people like us who wanna stay in the gw1 philosophy so that everyone is pleased. I dunno that's what makes sense to me, otherwise why would they build a game from ground up?

• The thing is when you log in and not many are on like today and if you want it to be more like GW not GW2 then you will need heros and don't forget about PvP .There were lots of players in the first 3 years do do missions with but questing not really .

yes.that is the state of gw as of today. But in GW golden days you had bunch of players, not heroes where most people run meta builds and dont accept anyone except their own heroes in their party. As I mentioned earlier,you can implement a few heroes later where the devs can see that the playerbase is decreasing. So up to that point there is no need of heroes, it was a cool concept when they restricted it to 3 heroes per person,but at that time there were still abundance of players.

And PvP was fluorishing back in the golden days as well, even tho pvp players were toxic,but pvp usually is.

People actually did quests back in the day and alot of missions. In my guild at that time, EVERYONE was doing missions,capping(before titles were a thing). I would say people did missions with human players upwards to gw2 was released,after that alot of players moved onto gw2.

• With only around 70h in GW2 and having min/maxed and experienced just about everything in GW1 for 15 years now I can still say I really like and appreciate the Visuals, Audios, Theme, Immersion and Lore of GW2 + Fashion as well which sucks in GW1 (when it comes to Weapons mostly).
    What makes GW1 so great is it's seemingly endless build crafting with 9 secondary classes and over 1000 skills to choose from. On the other hand, movement and optimizing movement through skills is limited. This is where GW2 shines. I can't personally attest to this but many professional critics have hailed GW2 as one of the best combat systems and movements there is.

My suggestion therefore is: GW3 based off the amazing Detail and Worlds from GW2 with all it's audio and visual styling, GW2 combat system and GW1's holy trinity (frontline, midline, backline) and not hybrids that can do a bit of everything like in GW2. Also, the secondary system of GW1 with the vast skill combination and theory crafting. I quite like the idea of having some weapon-bound skills like in GW2, BUT: each weapon class (sword, axe, dagger...) needs different skills for many many more subclasses (broadsword, short sword, scimitar, two hander, Gladius, you name it...). This way you can combine 1-4 skills decided by your weapon of choice with your gameplay style and build and along with 4-8 more skills (depending on number of skills in GW3) create every build and playstyle you can think of and execute it to perfection with the advanced movement- and combat system.

I don't have any input on trading systems, RWC trading, etc. but as long as it remains non- p2w as both GW are for now, I don't mind it too much. Gameplay is king.

IGN: Heavens Temptation | Purple Crystas, Zodicas, Tall Shields

• I don't think GW3 would be a bad idea if it were a modernized version of GW1 (but without asinine jumping puzzles. This is not a platformer genre. If you want platforming, go play Mario Bros). Sadly, I don't think the team today is capable of bringing that to fruition. A lot of people have mixed feelings about Nightfall, but I think GW1 really hit its stride in many areas with it.

Mission design was probably the best there out of the three games, and making those areas explorable outside of the mission was a boon. The advent of heroes was a boon to those looking to get back to the classic days of RPGs when you could form a full party of characters that you set up the way you want - Merc heroes being even better as they were skinned as your own characters. I know a lot of people look down on heroes, but they made the game playable for a great many of us who preferred to solo content, or couldn't play during prime time hours. To take them away would be completely antithesis to the concept of why NPC helpers were created in MMOs in the first place. Without them, or putting limits on them would require any content to scale according to the group size to allow for solo play. This is the 21st Century, forced grouping is a concept that has gratefully gone by the wayside.

• I don't think GW3 would be a bad idea if it were a modernized version of GW1 (but without asinine jumping puzzles. This is not a platformer genre. If you want platforming, go play Mario Bros). Sadly, I don't think the team today is capable of bringing that to fruition. A lot of people have mixed feelings about Nightfall, but I think GW1 really hit its stride in many areas with it.

Mission design was probably the best there out of the three games, and making those areas explorable outside of the mission was a boon. The advent of heroes was a boon to those looking to get back to the classic days of RPGs when you could form a full party of characters that you set up the way you want - Merc heroes being even better as they were skinned as your own characters. I know a lot of people look down on heroes, but they made the game playable for a great many of us who preferred to solo content, or couldn't play during prime time hours. To take them away would be completely antithesis to the concept of why NPC helpers were created in MMOs in the first place. Without them, or putting limits on them would require any content to scale according to the group size to allow for solo play. This is the 21st Century, forced grouping is a concept that has gratefully gone by the wayside.

First off, heroes were introduced only for the sole reason that gw1 was loosing players. It has nothing to do with back to the classic days of RPG. GW1 isnt a RPG. from the very start to the start of when gw2 was released no one had any problems with getting players to do stuff together, like vanqing,missions,elite areas, not stupid cons until NF was released either.

Gw1 isnt made for solo play, and when gw was loosing players they introduced heroes, 3 heroes per person first and then 7 heroes which just destroyed pve in general. People only care for meta builds nowadays and they don't care to accept players because heroes are more reliable than human players and they want to only gw with the most OP heroes so they can breeze through gw1 without any resistance. This is the end result of heoes coming onto gw1, meta OP builds and con,lots and lots of cons/pcons

Heroes were never a thing at the beginning of gw so its laughable that you point to a concept of why NPC helpers were created in MMO's.

And lastly a designed mmo with defined roles so grouping has to be a thing to get stuff done is necessary, and I have never looked at gw1 grouping up is a forced thing. If you do feel that way,you should play something else than gw,go play gw2 instead or other casual noob friendly mmo's

• You make me laugh, i assume, it's funny but without any concrete relation with a potential GW3. The subject should rather be entitled: letter to Santa Claus. I thought I'd read a bit more about Anet's recruiting for a new and unknown game. Instead, i got some indigestible paving stones about "my fantasies and me".

If a video game is developed, it is first of all on an economic model. Then comes the rest (design, mechanics, etc). Factions and Nightfall were developed at the request of NC Soft, to make more money from the GW1 license. The economic system of GW2 was tested on GW1 (adding content in game = adding content in the store, a classic today in video games). Even the updates of GW1 these last years are linked to the store (discounts, new offers).

I'm not going to stop you from filling 50 pages with fantasies, but the company that would (eventually) develop GW3, is not going to take these into consideration.

Welcome IRL, that's my only thought for GW3.

• First off, heroes were introduced only for the sole reason that gw1 was loosing players. It has nothing to do with back to the classic days of RPG. GW1 isnt a RPG. from the very start to the start of when gw2 was released no one had any problems with getting players to do stuff together, like vanqing,missions,elite areas, not stupid cons until NF was released either.

Uhmm, that's incorrect. GW was not losing players when Nightfall released. It was peaking at that time, and continued to host a healthy population through Eye of the North. True they didn't do it in the spirit of the classic RPG, but it nonetheless helped those who played those games recapture the feeling. Arenanet took the bold step of introducing the Henchmen system into their MMO. They did so specifically so that people could use these NPC characters in lieu of real people, not only to round out groups, but to make being able to go out and explore and play the game a whole lot faster. The heroes came about because people who made use of the henchman had been asking for an upgrade to the system for the year and a half the game had been out. So Arenanet provided that to them, and then later enhanced it with the mercenary heroes.

MMORPG, or in the case of GW COOP-RPG as Arenanet called it. So yes, it very much is a Role-playing Game. To this very day, I see plenty of people still forming groups and even getting some PvP action going in Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry.

Gw1 isnt made for solo play, People only care for meta builds nowadays and they don't care to accept players because heroes are more reliable than human players and they want to only gw with the most OP heroes so they can breeze through gw1 without any resistance.

Guild Wars as made as a cooperative MMO. They designed it with group play in mind, but again, the henchman allowed for solo play in many areas. Certainly not as efficient as a full human party, but the bulk of the game allowed for complete solo play if one desired.

I got news for you - people have always cared about meta builds. Heroes have nothing to do with that. It's existent in any and every MMO out there. Henchmen and Heroes are still no substitute for a full human party. They literally cannot be more powerful than a full group of humans based on their design. So a full group of 8 humans of at least average skill level will always outperform 1 human of the same skill level and 7 heroes.

Heroes were never a thing at the beginning of gw so its laughable that you point to a concept of why NPC helpers were created in MMO's.

And lastly a designed mmo with defined roles so grouping has to be a thing to get stuff done is necessary, and I have never looked at gw1 grouping up is a forced thing. If you do feel that way,you should play something else than gw,go play gw2 instead or other casual noob friendly mmo's

Heroes were not a thing at the beginning, but henchmen were, and I explained why. And that is also why many MMOs began to use similar systems in their games, like SWTOR, Neverwinter, and Everquest. I never felt that grouping was a forced thing in GW either, precisely because of the Henchmen and Heroes. In fact that system and the lack of a monthly sub were the two primary reasons I bought the game in the first place. Socialization is part and parcel of the MMO experience. The best MMOs give players a wide variety on how to socialize. Grouping is but one of those ways. Previously, in the early days, it was necessary to group with people to progress through content. However, as time has gone on, the industry has matured and the games reflect the paradigm shifts that come with that. Solo play is very much part and parcel of MMOs, as it should be, so that players can choose how and when to be social in their MMO.

If that's something you dislike, then perhaps you should look to play one of those older games that still have a reliance on forced grouping. There are still several out there.

• I merely mentioned NF when it comes to cons. GW didnt loose player right after NF was released ofcourse,but close to gw2 release. I know very well why henchmen exists in gw.

The argument of made use of henchmen for human players and they asked for the upgrade to heroes, that I dont know about. But again, since gw was thriving at that point there was no reason to have heroes in gw1 until later when the playerbase went down. I took a break from gw when merc heroes came to gw so I cant speak about that, but merch heroes were merely a cash grab so you can play with all your alts,its the same as heroes ofcourse.

I know people have always cared for meta, its also why its always been nerfed after a little while, but most of the newest meta builds with Mesmers and UA build,sin,dervs but there havent been a in a long time since people use the most powerful team builds. So the OP current meta is so strong that most that have heroes dont need/want human players. I was in a guild prior a few years back and I asked if I could join a teamparty and I got refused since I was coming monking and the person said N/rt does a better job than healing. Thats how bad the current meta builds are, and that is what I'm aiming at

I'm also merely pointing out that even henchmen and heroes eventually were a thing its still a reason why the game is like that it is today.The henchmen were always there as you say,but they were even more dumber than the AI in henchmen of today, the AI got updated later on henchies. So all that have played from the beginning know how bad henchmen were when you had to use them. Yes they do make sure so you can solo,but it was always limited in compared to human players. When the news of 3 heroes in your party I was very excited because I had certain people I did vanquishing with and we both brought 3 heroes each. The problem came when 7 heroes in your party became a reality in gw.

You can call it a paradigm shift how you want, I still stand by what I say so, that is your view and I have mine.

And solo play was a big thing in gw before,but it was mostly farming certain spots, there werent much solo play with henchies. I guess the exception is those players without guild. But heroes have just destroyed gw team with 8 human players.

• You make me laugh, i assume, it's funny but without any concrete relation with a potential GW3. The subject should rather be entitled: letter to Santa Claus. I thought I'd read a bit more about Anet's recruiting for a new and unknown game. Instead, i got some indigestible paving stones about "my fantasies and me".

If a video game is developed, it is first of all on an economic model. Then comes the rest (design, mechanics, etc). Factions and Nightfall were developed at the request of NC Soft, to make more money from the GW1 license. The economic system of GW2 was tested on GW1 (adding content in game = adding content in the store, a classic today in video games). Even the updates of GW1 these last years are linked to the store (discounts, new offers).

I'm not going to stop you from filling 50 pages with fantasies, but the company that would (eventually) develop GW3, is not going to take these into consideration.

Wow the pessimism 😂

• I'm not going to stop you from filling 50 pages with fantasies, but the company that would (eventually) develop GW3, is not going to take these into consideration.

Come on, share your fantasies with us.

I'd imagine GW3 would start occurring when we get a GW2 massive player drop.

Anyone have link to Active population for GW1 or/and GW2 ? I'm curious what it's been like, is like.