The Hunt for Jormungand

• To my knowledge Jormungand is the rarest boss in the game (which also makes his green hammer the rarest post-nerf green in the game).

Surprisingly, wiki info on him is still super scarce despite EotN being 15+ years old. So let's change that!

He's kind of like Maw the Mountain Heart in that he can spawn in several places in several maps, but only very rarely does. But unlike Maw in Dreadnought's, Jormungand has no set spawn location at all.

In all the time I've spent in EotN since it released, I've seen him exactly 3 times. All 3 times were in Bjora Marches. Unfortunately the screenshots of these spawns are on old machines I no longer have, but I'll go ahead and mark their locations on the Bjora map.

The idea here is for anyone else who encounters him to post screenshots of the location so we can have a better record of them (to then mark on wiki). I'll update the maps with spawn points as the screenshots come in (hopefully we're lucky enough).

Bonus points if any of the sightings can confirm whether or not there were other spawns of a single Frozen Elemental or Frost Wurm on the map in the instance you got Jormungand to spawn. Wiki suggests those might be mutually exclusive with Jormungand spawning. The two "recent" times I saw him, I didn't see either of the single spawns. When Jormungand spawns, he will always spawn with 2 other Frost Wurms.

Wiki also only mentions the 4 maps below, but if anyone can prove that he can spawn in Jaga Moraine or Ice Cliff Chasms, please do!

Bjora Marches

Display Spoiler

Drakkar Lake

Display Spoiler

Drakkar_Lake_map_clean.jpg

Norrhart Domains

Display Spoiler

Norrhart_Domains_map_clean.jpg

Varajar Fells

Display Spoiler

Varajar_Fells_map_clean.jpg

IGN: Vengeful Was Unholy
    Discord: Unholy2295
    WTB Pre-nerf Greens -> Information
    My WTB Thread

• Have seen him here in Norrhart Domains during a vanquish.

Remember him popping up whilst killing Baglorag Grumblesnort and I got his green hammer instead of Jormungand's :(

Used to run Darkrime lots and regularly ran though Bjora Marches.

Have seen him here, on the corner by a tree.

Also seen him several times in the most northen point on your map.

IGN: Pyro Loves Lobsters

• Hello,

I once sunk a significant amount of time into learning about Jormungand and the nature of his spawns.

As far as I know, I’m the most knowledgeable person on his spawns in Bjora Marches.

Copy of Jormungand Spawn Tracking
    Spawn Map
    docs.google.com

Here’s a link to my work including spawn locations, documentation of 100 spawn runs, and screenshots of spawns (both mine and from the internet).

As I have come to understand, there are three regions of spawn points: northwest, southwest, and east. Each of these three regions gets 1 “special spawn” each time the explorable area is loaded. A “special spawn” can be either an Ice Elemental, a Frost Wurm, or Jormungand himself. As far as I could tell, the regions are independent of each other. You can just as easily get 1 Frost Wurm in each region as you can 1 Ice Elemental in each region.

Once you know this mechanic, you can somewhat efficiently do a run of the region and rule out a Jormungand spawn. The goal is by running and flagging heroes to check all the spawn points in each region until you find the special spawn. Ice Elementals are great because you can spot them from a distance and immediately know you’ve cleared the region and can go to the next region. A Frost Wurm, particularly in the East region, can take a while to pop. Once you find your 3 special spawns, you know Jormungand isn’t one of them, so you can rezone.

I did this 100 times and plotted and mapped results. In those 100 runs I got 6 Jormungand spawns. The first 50 runs or so I was still uncovering some spawn points. I’d occasionally not find a special spawn at all, thinking at the time it was possible for nothing to spawn. As far as I know now, there are always 3 special spawns total.

I did MANY runs after that which were not logged.

I am not sure how the RNG math works on the back end, so I’m not sure how a Jormungand spawn is calculated. Therefore, I’m not sure if it is more efficient to check all 3 regions, or to zone through the south portal and only check the Southwest region.

You can also speed the process if you have a partner zoning for you.

If he does spawn, you’ll want to kill the 2 Frost Wurms and obviously flag your heroes away to solo Jormungand to get the highest drop rate for his hammer. I used a SS D/Rt that allowed me to maintain max running speed and never failed to allow me to solo Jormundy. Bar is in the screenshots.

I had a lot of fun doing this. An old friend just reminded me so I had a look and saw your post. Hopefully someone can put all my work to use and enjoy it. I farmed greens for collectors a lot because it was a unique and changing task. Never did get this darn hammer though.

Cheers.

• we went today to hunt him thanks to the info from of Morythe Bly (rly ty btw)

Unfortunately 0 fcking pop he seems very rare to pop.

We certainly missed some spot, and sometime we couldnt find any special pop so i dont know.... maybe some zone dont have a special pop but most of the time it does.

if anyone is intrested in hunting him hit me up, that's definetly something to do in grp to speed up the whole process !