• (Not sure in which forum section to post this, as this could go in more than one imo.)

The wiki and patchnotes are not clear about this, and typing 'favor' into the search was not super helpful to me.

My question:

Does the favor of the gods effect of increased gold drop rate end when favor ends?

Or does it persist in the map/instance you are in?

Example:

You enter a map during favor, favor ends but the increased gold drop rate is still there beyond the end of favor until you leave the map. Meaning you just need favor at the time of entering a map for the effect to last for whatever duration you then spend in that map/instance.

I'm asking because that scenario in my example is what i perceive to be the case more often than not.

It would kind of make sense given the previous function of favor: You could enter UW/FoW but you did not get kicked out when it ended, also, unless you speedclear, a run can take longer than an hour and getting a lower droprate after that may kinda not be what the devs wanted (i'm just guessing here what the logic or reasoning behind this could be).

Is there anything confirmed about this or at least a player consensus? if not, what are other people's experiences and observations?

I just thought this is somewhat fundamental and important to know and havent found much on the topic. :/

Verdammter Choleriker lässt Folgendes fallen: Verfluchter Stab.

• From my experience, droprate goes down right when favor runs out, regardless of wether you're still in the same instance or not.

This wouldn't be too hard to verify tho even if you'd have to try a few times to get a fair database. Just start a vaetir farm when favor is about to run out and wait til it's over to start killing and see if you feel like the goldrate is still boosted (maybe get a few friends to join you in their respective instances or if you can use multiple accounts it would also speed up the process)

• I can only share couple of experiments I did and shared on this thread. Maybe you should read other replies there as well, since people shared their own observations about favor.

Anyways, according to the two experiments, at least outwardly there are signs when you are already in the instance that the favor is being activated and that it ends. The statues change form, and you can also get a weapon that you can get only when there is favor. And as you can see in the video, I was in the instance for 2 hours already before the favor was activated.

It doesn't necessarily mean that the appearance of the statues is tied to the drop rate, but it is a pretty solid indication that the game does know how to change things while already in the instance, like dropping Silver Edge that drops only during favor.

If you have an account where you didn't get Silver Edge yet, maybe you can do another experience and wait at the same spot until the favor ends and then try to invoke the Silver Vaettir. But chances are that it won't appear.

• I can only share couple of experiments I did and shared on this thread. Maybe you should read other replies there as well, since people shared their own observations about favor.

I have just read the thread and i think i have read it before and there is definitely some overlap. However I was wondering specifically about gold drop rate from enemies, not chests. (Personally I don't notice any change in chest golddrops during favor.)

And in that thread I see 2 or 3 claims by Red Fireball that would support my observations actually. (Btw how do you do the thing where you put somebody's name in a post so they can see it?)

Not sure how relevant/connected the Silver Edge and statues are to the golddrop rate.

This wouldn't be too hard to verify tho even if you'd have to try a few times to get a fair database. Just start a vaetir farm when favor is about to run out and wait til it's over to start killing and see if you feel like the goldrate is still boosted (maybe get a few friends to join you in their respective instances or if you can use multiple accounts it would also speed up the process)

Ultimately just gathering data would proabably be the way to go about this, the problem i see is that you cant really know whether a particular run of golddrops was actually favor-induced or not. Then again with enough data you could still get some good indications. Another problem is that you are limited in data gathering since its only one run per (ending) favor at a time.

I was mostly wondering if there are already some solid conclusions about the topic. But if there aren't then maybe we could figure out a way to get a bit closer to the truth.

Verdammter Choleriker lässt Folgendes fallen: Verfluchter Stab.

Edited 2 times, last by trademeimfamous (April 14, 2023 at 6:10 PM).

• Coming back on the favor end and start subject.

Imo I disagree with the fact that favor stop or start affecting the area WHILE you are in it.

Imo when you load the map, that map has favor or not (while it's up) and that's determined IMO when you load the map. But that's my opinion from many runs nm from my observations.

Now about the % increased of drops I don't think there is any data, and I think it's hard to pull up a number especially because of what I said above. Because we all know that it doesn't work this way : "gold drops will be increase by 10% on every map while favor is up" .

Imo it variates according to if the map while loading has favor or not.

Hence why there are runs that are "golden shower" and other that are just normal or "grape flavor" while favor is up as we have all experienced before