Foe level and item req/damage

• Hello, following a previous discussion regarding q8 weapons, where some people stated that only levels 18-21 can drop max q8 items (so lower level foes can still drop q8 but not max damage and higher level drop max damage but > q8), I was wondering if there is info regarding other foe levels. Is there such a table somewhere with foe levels and item reqs /dmg they can drop? For example, what level foes can drop max q4 (i.e. 12-16 dmg) swords (or q5 for the post-nerf weaps)? This would be particularly interesting for pre players such as myself :)
    Thank you in advance!
    Cheers,
    M

Edited once, last by Mavygr (December 15, 2017 at 1:47 AM).

• I don't think such a table exists. One of the reasons is, that there is very few people interested in low requirement items (and through that I don't mean max q8 items or prenerf q7s). I think there is only one organised circle of low requirement enthusiasts. There was an algorythm that was able to tell you the numbers, but from experience I know, that it wasn't accurate and consistent when we took monsters from different campaigns under consideration.

• Well there been some research but no table made rly

atleast for Presear there isnt any other except the Pre max as uknow those (like 12-16 sword) drops only from lvl10 charr bosses *Ty maguar fixed lvl xD

lvl 12 is lowest dropping golds (thats why there isnt golds in pre) and lvl12 foes are only that can drop q3 Golds hence q3 golds are really rare (Except there were few golds dropped after vanguard quests added but possibility for those to drop no longer excist it was fixed quickly) *fix

lvl13-15 drop q4-9 golds, dmg being really low, you can rly see the lowest gold/purple stats from the excisting table

https://www.guildwarslegacy.com/thread-453.html

And well. the lower then those bosses in pre drop lower golds but theyre rather pointless to be added but iknow some pre maniacs know max stats dropping from normal charr maybe someone can add them here.

Edited once, last by Pleikki (December 16, 2017 at 9:12 AM).

• atleast for Presear there isnt any other except the Pre max as uknow those (like 12-16 sword) drops only from lvl12 charr bosses

And well. the lower then those bosses in pre drop lower golds but theyre rather pointless to be added but iknow some pre maniacs know max stats dropping from normal charr maybe someone can add them here.

*lvl 10 Charr bosses :P

This is exactly my point, if the max pre items (e.g. 12-16 sword, 7-19 axe etc regardless of req) are dropped ONLY by the bosses, then perhaps we could focus on farming the bosses only instead of cleaning the entire area of lower level Charr (levels 7-8). If the lower level Charr can also drop them, then it makes sense to kill them too to increase the chances of getting a max drop. Thank you for your input so far, I will contact red in game as well :)

• Hello. I agree that Red is the best source for this topic. I am just as interested in learning more about historical tracking of foe level per req/dmg etc.

I can correct one statement about the minimum level that drops gold, I know for sure that Q12 can drop golds, to confirm myself, I went out and farmed for one today with success (see below screenshots). From my understanding Q11's is the only level that can drop q3 golds, which is extremely rare. I have a few q3 golds myself but don't have any screenshots or proof (or memory) of the level that dropped them.

Level_12.jpg

gw005.jpg

And not to shabby of a drop hehe
    Capture.jpg

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

Edited once, last by Agent Chevy (December 15, 2017 at 10:54 PM).

• Yep. Red Fireball Rusher is the authority on this. He’s been researching this for years. Probably a decade. He won a Nobel Prize for his work on this.

oh jeez I didn´t even know - seems I forgot to accept the prize :D

and regarding a table: it does exist (on my computer) - I´ll post it as soon as I have time.

considering golds/purples: lvl7 and higher drop purples (starting at q0), lvl 12 and higher drop golds (starting at q3) - every feather farmer knows this (currently there are few q3 golds for sale in selling section).

for pre: bosses are the only mobs that drop those 12-16 swords etc. the other mobs (lvl8 ones) drop up to 10-14 (staying with the swords example here). So yes: farming all the noob mobs in charr homelands won´t help a bit, if you´re after a 12-16 sword.

So far to answer the discussed topics - I´ll see if I manage to upload the req-range-by-level- table anytime soon :)

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier