Introductions Thread!

• Hey there :)

Tried Prophecies on a friend account around summer 2005, really liked it but everyone only cared about WoW and random fps back then so i didn't take the leap alone... one of my biggest mistakes.
    Played GW2 casually from last december to this summer, decided to start the 30hom before gw2 xpac and got hooked, can't really say why since i didn't play too much in 2005 but i really feel that old love/nostalgia with GW1.

• Just wasted six years of my life on Guild Wars 2. All along something was missing I couldn't put my finger on. Finally figured it out. Just was not having fun at all.

Back to the original game and having a blast. All my old guildies are gone and I'm just a one girl guild for now. Having a lot of fun rediscovering the game and really enjoying the solitude. I had forgotten there is so much depth in the skill choices for me and my heroes.

Will enjoy this game until they take it down..

ign V E S T A L I

Edited once, last by Vestali (February 8, 2020 at 12:51 PM).

• Hi! I'm Dok.

I started playing GW in 05, and joined GWG in 06. I played frequently up the GW2 release, and played sporadically in 2013. I came back to the game a couple months ago, and have been playing daily since. I enjoyed every PvP format in the game, and was disappointed, but not surprised, to find it's mostly dead (and heavily botted). My monk used to be my main, but since I've come back I've been GWAMMing my assassin. I've also been doing a lot of lower level SCs (daily urgoz for fun!) I was pleased to find this site and am happy to see you can still find people to do PvE content with.

• Hello!

My name is Nicolas, currently 23 years old.

I've been playing since I was 11 years old, since the Factions beta. First I was playing on my brother's account, but a few months later I received my own. ^^

Been in love with this game ever since. Save from a few breaks in between, I never really got tired of it, and there's always new things I discover to this day!

Looking forward to meeting more players. =)

Reach for the unreachable. But above all, have fun doing it.

~IGN: Nicholas Romanyx~

• I started playing GW pre release, played for a number of years in a top 50 guild called VoFK (mighty BOOSH) and then drifted off. Then GW2 came out and I started a new account for that, then saw the linkage and started playing GW again, this time on toons I didn't get to grips with the first time around. then drifted off again.

Now back and enjoying it just as much. It really ages well- and still an active, helpful community around to get things done.

My favourite part about the game is there is no 'perfect' way to play the game- you can always try new things and new builds or even things people might think are crazy- like all one class FOW HM (wammos ftw!).

IGNs mostly contain Victory in them. Not because I'm big headed: it's close to my daughter's name.

• Hi everyone! I started Guild Wars for Factions release, and have played GW1 and GW2 on and off since then. Over the years I've had some cool opportunities including moderating on Guild Wars Guru and co-founding the 2008 Guru Cup. After getting pretty excited for the recent update and remembering how fantastic GW1 is, I'm getting back into the swing of things and finishing up my GWAMM after an actual decade of procrastination.

After discovering that Guild Wars Guru had completely shut down, I'm thrilled to see an alternative with so many familiar people. Looking forward to chatting!

IGN: Ariena Najea

• Howdy, I'm Racthoh, proud founder of Scars Meadows [SMS] from way back in the day. I used to do lots of solo warrior farming in the propehices only days before abusing paragon builds. Happily saw this site on reddit after seeing the Advanced mode update so I've been playing the game again.

• Howdy peeps,

Another returning player from way back (been playing for a while but only recently found this site since the old guru is now retired - of which I originally posted under the Guru name of Coverticus).

I used to lead the Blue Academy (when running was in it's infancy - happy Droknars running days!) , plus an advocate of 55ing in the early days.

Hopefully the fun times may continue again!

• Sup, I'm Vyctor_ (ign Pastafarian Hunter), should probably have been on this forum for a while, currently working towards GWAMM on my main. I've played this game for years, had a couple of years of downtime where I only played for some festival events but currently playing some more to pass the time cause it's a fun game :)

• Hi, I'm Lyn (irl too).

I've been playing GW since Factions hit the Market.
    The whole family had characters on one account, but we couldn't get much accomplished alone,

So we wound up buying extra accounts so that we could all play together.

In the past 12 years I've pretty much done it all except for pvp, but it never gets old.

I still find it fun, and spend my time between pre and post, playing and farming.

My kids don't play as much anymore, but we do still get together when they have time.

I'm glad to see that 2 developers are doing updates, and that the game is being cared for.

I also appreciate forums like this that allow fans to come together and share views and ideas.

Thanks for the opportunities!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone Else Is Already Taken!

• Hi guys,

I've just got back into GW after rather a long break. Is anyone still out there and playing? Needless to say all my old friends no longer play so I'm looking for a guild to join and some peeps to mess about with. I used to do all the speed clears back in the day.

Welcome back! Plenty of people still enjoying GW1. Check out the guild recruitment forum here for currently active guilds. My personal recommendation: [LGiT] Legit Guild/Alliance [ LGiT]

:thumbup:

Lose a minion, make a minion.

• Hello everyone,

A new player here. Unlike most of you here on the forum, I have never played the original Guild Wars (only Guild Wars 2) and so far I'm enjoying it :) My wish is to "finish" the game through all the campaigns, work on titles and hopefully make a GWAMM in the long run. I'm currently playin' through the Prophecies campaign with my E/Me. If there's a guild that recruits new players and is willing to help, please let me know ;) Feel free to contact me in game. IGN - Enya Jasperdoom

• Hey guys!

Returning oldbie back from the Prophecies days! Been so many years since I've played, I wouldn't even know where to start, but I can distinctly remember farming and selling mats at Droks about a million years ago with my old clan. Just sitting back and drinking beers at my buddies place and farm farm farming!

Anyway, glad to.finally be back. Maybe I'll actually play through Factions and Nightfall this time around! XD

• OMG, I remember when Droks's was one of the trade outposts! I'd totally forgotten, wow!

Thanks for that sweet bit of nostalgia and Welcome Back!

Neither campaign is as lengthy as Prophecies was, so they'll play through much quicker.

Factions bonuses are mostly the mission itself timed, with the exception of a few...

and NF bonuses are incorporated so as not to take you far off path to complete.

You should get together with Rainwise above, you both may have a common goal. ;)

But seriously, if I'm on when you get to Factions and you want company...hail me.

My Favorites are still The Temple & Nahpui Quarter!

• As long as I have been here, I haven't written in this area... I have been in many many guilds... Even ran S T Academy [Trek], which I started and with the guild's help - had gotten full guild hall. It's been sold to several and it still exists, but inactive 100%.

I have an account (along with an account of husband's) in gwam ally - if you want an invite, you can do many ways, which I will leave contacts at the bottom...

My main account (along with another account of husband's) runs Here Online Playing Eternally [Hope] . I have an advertisement here for it and on guild wars global. I am unsure how to do reddit to have it go well, instead of aweful. It's in [WuB] ally that I absolutely enjoy!

I still hope to get to teaching routes, if not roles.
    I started back on Sept. 26,2007... I have had several breaks and several events.... As well as account wipes of characters that had a complete restart, but things happen. I love having good friends, both outside of game on fb, discord, etc. and inside the game. I'm as honest as I can be and I'm me. Married with two kids - So, not looking for anything more. :)

My in game name - if you want to join either guild - send me a pm on here, or fb - if you know who I am, or on discord on Alumina, or in game - if you may know who I am.

Blessings to ya!

Enjoy the game, as we might just have the hope to be able to play as long as we can, especially if it's for Eternity. ;)

:heart: By the light of the fire and the sparkle of the stars, you came to realize the meaning of true love. - Lori B. :rit:

• Greetings,

my (real) name is Marek, I'm from Germany. I have been playing GW since about 2006, I think, and I stopped by the release of GW2. I was really into the game, the story, the lore... just all of it! I even wrote a fan fiction while on a class trip back in middle school - by hand, on a spiral-bound notepad! Too bad I cannot find it anywhere...

So, yea, I switched to GW2 when they released it, but it never really thrilled me that much. I stopped playing for a while.

But then, sometime earlier this year, I stumbled upon another fan fiction (yes, I wrote a lot back in the days) - more a draft, really - in my Google Drive and I suddenly felt the urgent need to play the original game once more. I created a new, second account (Prophecies only, for now) and started playing. Man, those memories!

I had a character back then that was supposed to never ever leave the pre-searing Ascalon. Made some good ingame friends there, had a really good time. The character, however, left the tutorial at some point and was my main character then (Vadda Orca, a Necromancer). Hell, I even had my first "girlfriend" ingame! And by that, I mean like a small, skinny Assassin approaching: "oh, hey, you're a good-looking Necromancer, wanna be my boyfriend?", and I was like "yea, sure!", but that was about everything I had to say. We broke up about 12 minutes later. It's not that my success with the girls has dramatically changed in any way by now, so ^^

Oh right, the reason why I'm here after all: Like I said, I bought a second account and started from scratch. But after a while playing exclusively with henchmen, strolling from one godforsaken outpost (is it the German districts?) to another, I lost interest again pretty fast. But when I read about the update brought to us by two ANet employees, sacrificing their spare time, my hope to find some real people inside the game world was rekindled. My problem is: I'm a shiftworker, and I'm not always at home, so I'll have some very irregular online times. But according to the recent activity here on the forum, I guess I will find quite an amount of players ingame - maybe the squad on the next outpost, preparing a quest, waiting for just one more player (me?) to participate :)

Dang, I didn't expect to write that much, hope I didn't bore you too much. Have a cookie as an excuse! :cookie:

• There are always players on in the American Districts 24/7...you're sure to find many people to talk to.

I see a lot of foreign languages spoken in Kamadan as well, from Spanish & French to Deutsch and Russian.

Just yesterday I saw 2 players in Presearing Ascalon conversing in Deutsch,

so you'll have plenty of company wherever you go.

Say hi in English, or shout out in your native tongue, either way you'll get a reply!

Welcome Back to the Game!

• Hey!

I've played since the release of GW1! Been a hardcore player mainly on PvE and did PvP when I get the chance to. I've lost interest in the game when GW2 was about to be released. All friends had moved on to something else or played another game. I have not seen anyone on my friend's list since 2010. That was the year I've completely dropped the game and moved on to something else. Played many many games on different platforms but nothing compares to GW1's nostalgic memories. If I hear anyone talking about GW1, it's someone rare and from my era, I will non-stop talking about the game. Recently I tried to look for something related to the game and found nothing. I remembered a site I used to visit frequently. I googled, "GuildWarsGuru" and found out it has been closed down for years. There was a subreddit about guild wars guru and read through the comments and had found this page. This is a start in getting back into the game. Glad to have found you guys! Let it begin! :D

May I please have a guild invite?

IGN: Ayu Chun Li
    Alliance: Luxon

Feel free to add me :)

IGN: Ayu Chun Li

• there are tons of people the american districts...even pre-searing, and if you work off -hours in europe, you will be playing when all the americans (north, south, central) are on! So move over to american districts and find a guild ...and welcome to Legacy!

thank you both for the suggestions and the warm welcome! I'll definitely check out the American districts next time.

Looking forward to getting into the game again! :)

Should I start looking for a guild ingame or are there guilds around the forum recruiting "kind of veterans" with weird online times?

• thank you both for the suggestions and the warm welcome! I'll definitely check out the American districts next time.

Looking forward to getting into the game again! :)

Should I start looking for a guild ingame or are there guilds around the forum recruiting "kind of veterans" with weird online times?

Hello Arthur! (Marek)

We're glad to have you in our forums and hope to see you in game!

If you ever need help with a mission or have any questions you can reach me on IGN: Derek Herve

In terms of Guild there are a few guilds that are active which are recruiting. If you want I can send you an invite to the Legit guild (Luxon side)

I'm sure you've seen our tag around, we have 300+ daily players and do everything from title hunting to speed clears if that's your thing.

See you around!

- Derek

• Hi, it's nice to meet you all! I'm Morihalda, I love tabletop and video games, creating characters and art, camping and fishing, all that fun stuff. :)

I haven't played GW1 since before GW2 launch. I logged in briefly earlier this year to look at my old characters and was 100% lost. I met a few awesome Legit players that day, I need to rejoin! I've played a silly amount of GW2 since it came out and I want to give GW1 another chance.

I'm really excited to go through the whole lore/storylines! So I'll be playing on my new characters, Mori Jihn (R/E, mistral ranger) and Kiara Jihn (N/Mo, gray witch). Can't get lost if you start at the beginning! :D Kind of. Not as lost. Y'all are welcome to join me along the way!

I'll probably be on Mori the most, since I'm playing through the story on Kiara with my husband if he ever logs back in. That being said, I'll be playing through in chronological order, not fastest way to HOM order. So when I get a bit farther, I have a bunch of old birthday stuff I'd love to trade later for friendship and HOM stuff. :D

• Hi there I'm Mastinoo,

I started playing Guild Wars at the launch of factions. I came over from a small and tiny game called runescape. Man how my 13 year old eyes were ready to take my hands into a proper online RPG. I remember starting a ranger which has stayed my main character up to the point that I quit. So I was hopping along on my freshly made ranger and got into shing jea monastery. My mind was blown to smitherines at the amount of graphical fidelity and ritualists dancing with spirits. Man I was sold! So I went on my quests through sunqua vale and got to minister cho's estate. I was soooooo happy because I tamed a FRIGGING tiger which I called Dutchy he's been my pet until I got my hands on a black widow spider of course and eventually my rainbow phoenix. But once in Cho's estate I was to go on my first mission. I died and died and died over and over. I was DONE with Guild Wars I would never touch this stupid game again.... Until 2 weeks later my cousin told me I could group up and if there were no one to group up with I could use henchmen, I felt so stupid!! But it got worse It was only at this point he pointed out that there were skills and mastery points...... So yes only at minister cho's estate I learned that there were skills as well as henchmen in the game (ashamed face). I tough i could have gotten anywhere by right clicking to attack and not use skills. Yep that stupid 13 year old....

After that I was in love with the game from the oh so different places like kaineng to the echovald forest to the jade sea I was in love to a higher degree. Only after I beat the campaign, completed urgoz and the deep, destroyed dhuum and the fissure of woe did I buy the prophecies campaign. I started to love the story more and more. Eventually came the pve masterpiece that was nightfall and My farming kid mind was happy AF. Then after I got so many ecto's from selling 2 Q9 ele swords I finally bought my obi armor and it was time to doe something else than title farming and bracelet farming it was time to spend most of my hours in HA. PvP became a true addiction for me. See before I started to PvP I had about 1800 hours. I just logged in and my years of pvping up until 2013 (when I quit) had gotten my hour count up top 14,000+ hours YIKES. But I was a great time and I do still have fond memories of those days.

Further about me:

I'm Dylan, 26 years old from a small city in the south of The Netherlands called Maastricht. I work as an account manager and am finishing up on a masters of business administration.

I hope to see this community grow and maybe we can get Guild Wars a little bit back to it's glory. I even saw posts of a petition to hopefully get a new campaign. I would only dream to see it come to fruition. If that truly happens count me in! For now I just downloaded the game again and hope to see some of you in game.

TL;DR I'm a 26 year old guy and 13 year veteran of the franchise played it for 14,000+ hours, Made some truly rookie mistakes and fell in love with the PvP aspect of the game eventually.

Friendly greetings,

Mastinoo

Edited once, last by Mastinoo (September 14, 2018 at 3:13 AM).

• Hi!

I’m returning from a very long absence and was on Guildwarsguru. I don’t remember the last time I played the game before now, but I hopped back on since I’m on bed rest from a broken leg and I’d figured I go back and get some things that I previously wanted to do accomplished. #1 on my list was Warrior character that was waiting for me to do LDoA, which I finally finished a few days ago. Now I have to do the same for the Mesmer I created, since that was a class that I did not previous have a character (I did buy a character slot).

I’ve been around since the original beta.