Potential storage update nitpick

• So the cupcakes were delivered to Anet today and Bill Freist surprised us with an image of a storage update.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/co…in_a_few_hours/

I'm happy/grateful for extra inventory space but my nitpick was with the appearance. I'm not sure if that's just for testing purposes, but it ruins the look of the inventory I'm used to. Picky, I know...

The one on the left is the original, the middle is the WIP, and the one on the right is cobbled together in PS to represent what I think the final product should look like. Am I alone on this?

Edited once, last by Jayson (July 4, 2018 at 8:31 PM).

• Official Post

I am happy for the upgrade (now I have places for all those minis--) and I hope that your adaptation is what we can hope to see!

Cant wait for them to implement it, oh wait, hope they dont mess with logins again (took 3 weeks to get back in from the last one)....hope all their fixes are along the lines of the bags (my monk still hopes to see the hole in her skirt fixed after 14 years!).

• I hope those upgrades are not too cheap (or too expensive) lol, it would be amazing with a quest of where the reward is a Superior Rune of Holding. Quest could be named "The Missing Cupcake"

I hope theyre freakingly expensive so its way to fix our sinkin economy, there really needd to be use for ectos and arms so they just dont keep dropping on price like they do now. 250a+250e per rune kktybb

• I'm sure you can ask for a Superior Charr Bag.

Or start another cupcake campaign (assuming they're not all on insulin now), and gently nudge for some pre-love. How about:

"If you clear Northlands of all foes at lvl 20, a new quest opens up that takes you into pre-Sacnoth Valley. It's similar to Northlands with same drops, but with stronger foes. Some NPC deep on that map could craft you untradable weapons or items, including a superiour charr bag"

• If only Lexx, if only... :)

I'd always hoped for the gates at the end of the northlands map, Frontier Gate/Eastern Frontier I believe, to become an outpost for lvl 20 players. A small pre searing recreation requiring 2/4 players with the same mobs and levels from the Langmar quests (Champions etc.). Never considered better loot though.

I realize that's just asking for too much and I prefer to be realistic, but imagining it is fun though! :P

• Official Post

Expanding across rather than down would have been done by necessity. The reason equipment packs don't appear in the F9 menu is because they would make it too big to fit on the screen if you're running on the minimum resolution. Expanding the pouch+bags could cause the same problem. I suspect they would prefer to keep the inventory to five rows across, and thankfully it seems they'll be allowing us to shape it that way.

• This is a beautiful thing.

So beautiful I've come out of lurking to comment on it. This is bigger than expected. This isn't just tidying up existing stuff or fixing bugs.

And as a player who's never even seen an armbrace, because standing about trading destroys my soul, I hope they're reasonably affordable. But mostly I'm just glad there's new stuff, more places for my extensive wardrobe.

• I wouldn't mind it to be an ingame store item as long as the prices are not insane. And that the prices on the other ingame store items are adjusted as well. Perhaps:

€4.95 Superior Rune of Holding [10 charges]

that wouldnt be a bad thing,except I got many chars to do it on. Would hope it would be like 10 or 15 euro account wise,maybe not that high,but something lower. And a lower price for a few 1 or 2 chars. and a middle package.

• Official Post

FREEE is my choice (or a very low amount) as I am in the same boat as OS T, multiple storage accounts and characters ....though I do like the easy quest reward (and it would need to be applicable to ALL campaigns as my mules dont have access to most of the areas....or repeatable but non-tradeable to others, eg, can be put in your own storage but not traded or sold.) Though thinking they probably dont have the time to make a new quest, so thinking it will probably be a merchant item (like the original rune)...just hope it comes out soooon!

• Has there been any mention of how the storage update is going?

And while I'm bringing the topic back up, I'll add my opinion that I'd like the new runes to possibly be attached to the zaishen coins. I can understand why people would like them to be easy to acquire from merchants or maybe random drops, but myself personally? I'd like something to work towards because there's not much else to do in game besides replaying missions.

I'll also reiterate that upgraded charr bags dropping would be fantastic too, instead if getting a free upgrade. Again, something to work for. :)

• And while I'm bringing the topic back up, I'll add my opinion that I'd like the new runes to possibly be attached to the zaishen coins.

I second that. I hope they're not too cheap, or too expensive. Something in line with what equipment packs go for.

It would also be cool if there was an NPC that could trade say 7 mini's for a rune. Give all those white crappy mini's a value and remove them from the market.

Another idea would be for Nicholas to trade miniatures for random junk (like Thackerey), with a chance of an untradeable Superior Rune of Holding. Possibly even in Pre-Searing. It would help remove minatures of the market, open up new interesting dynamics in selling/trading crappy mini's. People would still have to visit Nick with 5-10 mini's as the runes would be untradable. Possibly limit to 1 rune/week.

Edited 2 times, last by Lexx (July 31, 2018 at 11:01 PM).

• perhaps they will upgrade it with the anniversary coming up really soon---(we can hope since its been about a month since they told us about it). I am still for free or the same price as the old rune of holding upgrade (what 500 gold?)...since you need 3 for each character (multiple by a 8 character account....for just starters, and then by even more for those of use with more accounts/characters....it gets pretty pricey).

• I'll also reiterate that upgraded charr bags dropping would be fantastic too, instead if getting a free upgrade. Again, something to work for. :)

I really hope this will be impremented in pre as well, because from the looks of it (a gold rarity superior rune of holding) it might be a post-only thing.

One of my suggestions in the reddit thread was that the normal 10-slot Charr bags that drop currently could be demoted to gold rarity and the new (superior?) 15- or 20-slot Charr bags would be the new green drops from Charr bosses in pre.

• One problem if they're virtually free is that we will see no lasting value in it. We will thank the devs, upgrade all our bags and quickly fill up the spaces. Nothing would have really change and we'd still wish we had more storage space.

If by gaining them by a slower and more demanding approach, we'd treasure every drop more, we'd be more concious on how we fill up the extra space. And it would give us some added game play on how we can earn them. Perhaps by beating each campaign, and for beating certain HM quests. Or trading minis for a random chance of gaining them.

Would this exclude new players? Quite possible, but does it really matter? We and new players got along fine with the bags we have now, the new runes would be an added luxury just like the heavy equipment packs.

• One problem if they're virtually free is that we will see no lasting value in it. We will thank the devs, upgrade all our bags and quickly fill up the spaces. Nothing would have really change and we'd still wish we had more storage space.

If by gaining them by a slower and more demanding approach, we'd treasure every drop more, we'd be more concious on how we fill up the extra space. And it would give us some added game play on how we can earn them. Perhaps by beating each campaign, and for beating certain HM quests. Or trading minis for a random chance of gaining them.

Would this exclude new players? Quite possible, but does it really matter? We and new players got along fine with the bags we have now, the new runes would be an added luxury just like the heavy equipment packs.

I dont hope that is the way anet chose to deliver the bag upgrades, I need more storage overall on all chars,not just the pve ones.

I rather spend tons of Plat in game than only have it available on a few chars.

I dont think we would be conscious about the storage tho,we would just fill up as fast as we can with stuff.

the lasting value will be that a char can hold more items, that is the value.

I hope this will be a superior holding rune or something so everyone can get it.

or as cosyfiep mentions that it would come when the anniversary update is coming

• It will almost certainly be where Bill/SCW can copy/modify existing code for it, that's how they implemented a lot of code changes recently.

I'd still like to see something like Thackery being able to randomly hand out a Superior Rune of Holding. If you have a lot of storage characters, just go there with a lot of junk to trade in. Alternative is to copy his junk trade code to Nick (pre and post), which is accessible after you did his daily/weekly trophies. The runes could be unlimited, but I'd love to see it combined with ridding your (and others) storage of useless white mini's. Give them a secondary value.

Or even a guaranteed drop from end chest in FoW/UW/Deep/Urgoz (two in HM), or even from EotN dungeons. Untradable not to give SC'ers an edge in hoarding/selling them. Untradeable would still mean you could pass them along to your other characters using Xunlai Storage.