Change to Embedded pictures?

• Hello,

I attempted to add a picture to an existing post today using the picture tool and a link to the uploaded picture and noticed that all of my prior pictures that use to be displayed in the post without having to click a link are now all links. Is this related to an intentional update or a bug?

Thank you very much for your time

Chevy

• Same here...

It may not be a bug, but a new standard to reduce image storage demands.

Most forums get a certain amount of image space for free.

Once you max the available free space, it can be very costly to carry mounds of images.

The 2 ways around paying for extra space are:

1. Delete images from old sales threads (or the whole thread if you don't care about post count, prices are usually outdated anyway.)

2. Remove the ability to store linked images with a simple click. It reverts all linked images back to just links, cutting down the load on storage.

My guess is it's number 2.

Not a bad solution if all you don't have the funds to upgrade image storage, which as I stated can be very costly.

One of the mods should know. If not, Kevin would know for sure.

Be Yourself ~ Everyone Else Is Already Taken!

• I'm afraid that I wasn't able to reproduce this bug - what are the exact steps to reproduce this?

We're not trying to save space - our server has plenty of free space left (19 GB to be exact), so I'm not worried there - Legacy is backed by a couple of servers and disk space is certainly not an issue.

We're also not on a free host (never have been) or on a shared webhosting provider - Legacy is simply too big for that (simply put: we'd use too much resources for that). Legacy has been managed by me from the start on several platforms.

I'll have to look into what exactly is causing this.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

• Yeah but even external images? Thanks for the fix Kevin!

I've looked into that - seems for some kind of reason embedding external images was disabled - that's enabled again. Got an example post that still has the issue? It'll help with debugging.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

We're not trying to save space - our server has plenty of free space left (19 GB to be exact), so I'm not worried there - Legacy is backed by a couple of servers and disk space is certainly not an issue.

We're also not on a free host (never have been) or on a shared webhosting provider - Legacy is simply too big for that (simply put: we'd use too much resources for that). Legacy has been managed by me from the start on several platforms.

I'll have to look into what exactly is causing this.

19 Gb is Fantastic! That's a ton of space.

My position was on a free hosting site, so those are the issues we faced there.

They allowed unlimited categories, threads and posts, but imagery was minimal.

Even the old Community forum run by NA & LP only allowed hosted images.

It's nice to know you have that kind of capacity here.

I've looked into that - seems for some kind of reason embedding external images was disabled - that's enabled again. Got an example post that still has the issue? It'll help with debugging.

LOL! Dontcha hate it when stuff like that happens? Ah well, keeps you on your toes I guess!

Thanks Kevin!

• We're currently actually only using about 4.4 GB in total storage on the server, so that's really plenty of space.

Legacy is hosted on currently 4 servers (Webserver, Backup node, the Archive node and the Mail Server) - all of that is being monitored and visible on https://status.guildwarslegacy.com

Legacy is designed to be a bit more resilient (and fast) than most sites, it's one thing where I am really proud of :)

And yeah, it keeps you on your toes :)!

• Impressive statistics! You have a Great reason to be proud!

And what a sigh of relief when it's just the flick of switch (so to speak) to fix a problem.

I'm glad to have my husky humor back up on my wall too :D

Wish I could upload a picture of my own little darling there, but unless I missed something,

Sky will have to appear elsewhere! ;)

Sky - Pool.jpg