• Little note they are eles with like +70 mana. What i been useing E/Mes with esurge they dont even use half mana before foes are dead.

u clearly dont put them in an area with much strain then, 70+ mana is easily countered with a a mob with deb shot or multiple mesmers with caster shutdown, this can happen frequently in end game, ether renewal is a counter to this, providing it doesnt get stripped you can pretty much get all of the mana back from using 5e skills therefore if it hits the fan you wont end up with hardly any damage

“They make it look so easy, connecting with another human being, it’s like no one told them it’s the hardest thing in the world.” -Dexter

• I've been using this setup for a few things and I find it struggling quite a lot even with normal mode things. I have them fully runed, sup vigs and all that. Where's the hex removal? It's obvious this build relies on interrupts to prevent getting hexed but what about when you get one? I don't find there to be enough heals. I'm using the IV necro, ST rit, ER ele, 2 inept, 1 panic, and 1 esurge. I can run ER on my ele but I shouldn't have to since this is the dps player setup? What's going wrong here? I expected this build to be much more survivable on at least normal mode.

• I've been using this setup for a few things and I find it struggling quite a lot even with normal mode things. I have them fully runed, sup vigs and all that. Where's the hex removal? It's obvious this build relies on interrupts to prevent getting hexed but what about when you get one? I don't find there to be enough heals. I'm using the IV necro, ST rit, ER ele, 2 inept, 1 panic, and 1 esurge. I can run ER on my ele but I shouldn't have to since this is the dps player setup? What's going wrong here? I expected this build to be much more survivable on at least normal mode.

what profession / build are you running personally?

Maybe, you are trying to do some very AoE intense areas. If so, hero positioning can turn the tide in 90% of the cases. Scatter them, and prevent them from wiping. Also, try changing one of your ineptitude Mesmers to a N/rt who is a mm/resto.

• Minion master and ST rit never should go together. The minions eat the spirits like crazy.

Ouch, thats good to know. For some reason I always thought that spirits affect only party members or allies that appear only in your party screen. Never thought that minions count as allies. :o

• I'm running this at the moment to vanquish NF. Not really having any issues, small groups you just steam through and for the larger or more challenging groups I just make sure I position heroes as shown in the guide and make sure I precast the prot spirits.
    FYI I'm playing as UA Monk.

I too run the player DPS version of z-way, on both a Warrior and Paragon, and the only place I've ran into problems with hexes is in DoA - anywhere else it hasn't been a problem, and even in DoA it's only a problem for my Paragon, since he does fuck all for actual DPS, and Vocal Minority is a bitch skill to use against him haha

I literally just did a full Hero's Handbook [Hard Mode] on my Paragon over the past 3 days, and the *only* place I had a complete party wipe was due to over aggro of damn near 20 Wind Riders on the way to starting The Elusive Golemancer mission.

And that was more due to my play style - I'm more "Kilroy Stonekin" then anything else. Micromanaging hero's and spirits? pfft too much work :D

Download the Gw.dat file quickly - right click -> Save As ... HERE!

My main's achievement tracking on GWW: Rickalis Tu Rivers

• Completed my VQ of Elona with Z-Way last weekend, breezed through. I'd read that Joko's Domain was a tough area, with nasty bosses and a high overall kill count to achieve. Completed the area in under 2 hours (including scraping for Cartographer) with no wipes and only a handful of hero deaths. I did use cons to speed things up and power through the bosses though. This team doesn't appear to struggle with much! An excellent build.
    This also popped my Legendary Vanquisher title too! 17/30 for GWAMM now. Cartographer next I think.
    On a side note I had been playing around with running E-Surge on one of the E/Me, as noted previously they eat up their energy without Ether Renewal and so I've swapped back as I didn't really notice much of a rise in overall DPS either.

• Great to read that people are still working out with Z-Way for their daily routines in GW.
    I'd like to make mention of, well not my comeback really, but more of a sign that i haven't entirely left GW to the past.

GW will always remain a special place within me and thus I cannot part with it entirely.
    If there are still suggestions for Z-Way or related questions feel free to leave them under this post for as I will be more involved around community projects here on Legacy.

Peace

Zeph

If you'll be content with putting water with wine, the glass will always be half full.

Hello Janthir,

Its spot on that there is no hex removal simply because 95% of the hexes arent really life threatening.
    The only hexes that would really comprise the teams safety are :
    Panic (biggest killer, However unflagged hits your entire team so even 3 hex removals wont suffice, Just sit it out or its immediate death really)

Visions of Regret, could hurt decently.

Backfire, which is kind of neglectable.

Mistrust, which is almost impossible to remove because they will cast though it if they want to interrupt something at nearly the speed of light.

Panic is the only real threat that could whipe this team, but generally any caster based team would suffer tremendously from it.

If you'll be content with putting water with wine, the glass will always be half full.

Edited once, last by Zephyr ().

• I personally endorse Zway as it has allowed me to solo with my heroes the most difficult parts of the game. The only changes I made are; to add a UA monk which was a variant anyway, and to exchange the necro/rit healer's elite with blood is power for additional energy management which has allowed me to bring more damage skills on the mesmers. Both of these changes were made for additional safety for myself in DoA where if you wipe it's game over. Oh also hex eater signet is an easy option for hex removal when heroes are flagged back. Praise Zway and thank you for making Guild Wars 1 fun for me again by allowing me to dominate pve lol. Used the Z-DPS Way as Imbagon with Hexbreaker Aria.
    guildwarslegacy.com/attachment/33/

• Zephyr,

I'd like to apologize for sounding so abrasive in my original post. If you can't tell, I took quite the break from GW for the umpteenth time, but I've considered trying this build again, and I must say.. out of the over 150 months I've owned my account, using this setup is almost as exciting to me as getting my first ever celestial mini drop from lunar fortunes. Im using a slightly different version that has two ER eles, that also have mesmer skills- bringing my mesmer count to 5. It's just as fun watching enemies not being able to use any skill as actually killing them. I'm not much of an elite area type player, so my experiences reside completely with missions and explorable areas. You've done an excellent job with this build.

Edited once, last by Janthir ().

• Also: was this setup made with the expectation that cons would be used? I have enough ectos saved up to buy 2 stacks of sets, but don't really want to if it isn't going to change much. I struggled pretty badly on gate of pain hm with the heroes earlier, turns out learning how to pull after Leeroying a gigantic mob 3 times in a row is a good thing.

• Also: was this setup made with the expectation that cons would be used? I have enough ectos saved up to buy 2 stacks of sets, but don't really want to if it isn't going to change much. I struggled pretty badly on gate of pain hm with the heroes earlier, turns out learning how to pull after Leeroying a gigantic mob 3 times in a row is a good thing.

7 months later .... I don't think this build is built around using consets, as I personally rarely use them (I sure do like to hoard them though, go figure), but I've never felt the need to bust out a set when running the dps z-way builds.

Download the Gw.dat file quickly - right click -> Save As ... HERE!

My main's achievement tracking on GWW: Rickalis Tu Rivers

• Thanks everyone for making this possible, i always knew it had the potential to became this and gladly alot of you agreed on that aswell!

Cheers

Zeph

2wgrhav.jpg

• Thanks for helping me get GWAMM on monk by creating this! Healed my way from 0-30 using only Z-way. Tried a lot of teambuilds, but I couldn’t find any other that would let me do it with such ease.

EDIT: Used merc variant, played as UA monk

Edited once, last by idjut ().

• What's the point of the mesmer skill in ST bar, it can't run out of energy with this build as it has nothing to spam, as for Displasment I always found this spirit to be useless, I'd rather have union

• Acts as a little Energy boost in boss fights or heavy pressure.

You can always changed it for Enfeebling Blood (6 cursus) or Edge of Extinction (8bm), flesh of my flesh, or as you said even Union.

The Builds posted are from 2014 if i recall correctly and havent been optimized eversince, and skills are subject to be swapped for your own convenience.