gaining luck-points fast(er)

• hey everyone. i hope this is the right sub-forum for my question. if not, please move it to the appropriate forum. thanks :)

so i've been doing a lot of chest-runs in cantha for some os items and gathered quite a lot of treasure hunter points & luck points while doing so.

now that i'm close to maxing out my treasure hunter title i also want to work on my luck title. with having the double-luckpts bonusweek right now i was thinking about doing it with chests aswell.

my question now:

since i'm a little tired of opening luxon/kurzick chests for the last 3 weeks and not getting enough luck points for my liking(even with the bonus pts) i was thinking about opening some other chests with a higher chance of retaining the lockpick while at least having the chance to get max items.

has anyone of you done something similar & could tell me some places i could try out?

i know theres also the possibility to open 80g chest(ascalon, shing jea,istan) for some save luck-points. are there any spots where there's mutiple chests in one area in case opening 450g chests still takes too long(for me:|) ?

thanks for sharing your experiences :)

-if this belongs to the chestrun section i'd kindly ask a mod to move it over there -

edit: just realized this might be better in q&a forum :whistling:

• ascalon foothills is not the worst regarding luck - 1 chest 45sec or so. Use an alt acc that stays at the portal and zones once the chest is open. Make sure you keep any q0 max dmg 14^50 items for me ;) (max is 9-13 bow, 8-10 sword, 6-12 axe, 11-15 hammer)

If you rather want chances for max items (even though few will be gold) try canthan chests (pongmei), kournan chests (barbarous shore), elonian chests (vulture drift), maguuma chest (reed bog) - the latter are lvl 17 though - so even fewer max and fewer gold items there - but higher luck gain per time and per lockpick.

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• The common way of increasing luck points is through the holiday boardwalk games, but that is not always available and very boring cause you just stand there watching the grass not grow.

As you mentioned, chest running is the next option. I see you are interested in increasing luck points but still obtaining max items. Any 450g chests (Canthan, Elonian, Kournan) would have the best retention rates and get a good ratio of max items (including possibility of getting Q8 Foci, Shields, and Swords). There is one more option that would be a higher retention rate than those, and drops max items, but has a very low max item drop rate is Maguuma Chests. The Max Drop rate is very low but possible, and Q8 Foci, Shields, and Swords can still drop from these. You can also get other cool items (well cool for certain audiences hehe), like Q7/15 OS shields, Q7 14-20 (max current day) swords, etc from these chests.

I have some stats tracked for Reed Bog. Out of 460 chests, only 21 were max (17 Foci, 1 Hammer, 2 Shields, 1 Sword), out of those 17 foci, 4 of them were max with 12 Energy.

I hope I was on track with your question.

Good Luck (pun intended ;))

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• thanks to both of you. i started doing pongmei runs in normal mode today for some potential q8 max weapons & luck points. i opened around 150 chests which got me 2 q8 weapons. the focus was max but worthless singlemod and a non-max hammer. i have to admit opening chests with a chance for max q8 weapons is addicting ^^ if i become tired of doing pongmei runs i'll try out the other ones you suggested. i'll also update this thread as soon as i find something worth noting.

happy (chest)hunting to you guys :)

• I can absolutely relate to the addiction, I have opened 7278 NM chests that have q8 max possibilities in the last 8 months, 35 Max Q8s have kept me wanting more and the next to be the holy grail (I am still looking for that holy grail hehe).

Feel free to try out any of the locations that I have guides here for, or really any place that contains one of the 4 chest types that can drop Q8s.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Best way is to buy as many lockpicks you can and do chestruns in Pongmei Valley in HM.

To be most efficient of retaining lockpicks you need to have maxed wisdom.

You also should have minimum of 2 ranks below max of Lucky and Unlucky title and this before you even attempt to chestrun so you can minimize the lockpick breaking.

The early ranks should have been attained by doing boardgames "afk rings"