Guild Wars Update June 12, 2019

• Hey! new update.

General

• Fixed a server crash.
    • Fixed a client crash.
    • Added a new startup command, "-prefresetlocal":
      • This command will reset all preferences that are stored locally in the game's .dat file.
      • This command can be utilized to debug issues launching the game.
    • Discontinued support for Windows Games Explorer.

Friends

• Added a new “Rename” option to the Friends list. You may now set nicknames for friends in your Online, Offline, and Ignored lists.

Graphics

• Removed support for DirectX 8.
    • The client will now default to using Windowed Fullscreen after installation.

Link: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback:…pdates/20190612

• Hi Izzy,

To start, I already submitted a ticket to tech support, but haven't heard anything back yet after 2 days. Not too surprising on that one, I know they can get pretty busy.

I haven't been able to get the game to launch since early evening on the 12th. All I get is a pop-up from the game saying it can't create a folder. I did a total pc restart, ran another virus check, nothing. My personal tech guy ie: programmer son - says it sounds like an issue from the game end of things.

Have you heard of anyone else that may be having this problem? I don't know anyone that plays so can't ask them.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Official Post

Have you run the GW.exe as Administrator? If it is installed to your C:\Programme Files directory it could be a permissions issue.

• my favorie 'bug' with this update is your characters costume shows up on the character select screen even if its set to never show.

Before the update the selection screen went by the 'show/don't show' box, and only showed costumes after logging into a characer and only if show costume was checked.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• I was wondering what was causing the game start Issues Ive been having the past few days... Apparently it was this patch.

If I started the game my PC would just calculate for a few seconds and then default back to waiting for input. Every time I would try to start again, windows would inform me that the game was already running (no window opened). To fix this I manually stopped GW.exe in the Task manager and started the game again normally which would work. Maybe this is could help you (although I wasn't getting the message couldn't create folder).

• Official Post

my favorie 'bug' with this update is your characters costume shows up on the character select screen even if its set to never show.

Before the update the selection screen went by the 'show/don't show' box, and only showed costumes after logging into a characer and only if show costume was checked.

AH, I had wondered about that, thanks for the confirmation that it wasnt just something with my account .....or my age (forgetting things).

• Hi, normally this was fixed yesterday with the update of June 20. (there are no update notes on this subject, but I received a return of my ticket if it was ok now or not).

• Did this have to do with the Client randomly deciding to stop working out of the blue? For months/years on end of working, playing pretty consistent the past 1/2 year, the clients on all of my computers have decided to all stop at 0% today, while loading the town, after login and character selection? Was there an update today?

• Official Post

Did this have to do with the Client randomly deciding to stop working out of the blue? For months/years on end of working, playing pretty consistent the past 1/2 year, the clients on all of my computers have decided to all stop at 0% today, while loading the town, after login and character selection? Was there an update today?

There wasn't an update but lots of people were reporting server issues and connecting to American districts; International and European districts would be OK. Likely something server related on ArenaNet's end.

If you haven't played the game since they've done some of the updates you may also need to run it in Administrator Mode now in order to allow the game and files to download updates, once the files are downloaded you can then run normally (without Admin).