2Q: how can you tell which runes are rare/would people buy them attached to armor or can you salvage them off? *Update(prenerf runes)

• Hi everyone,

The header kind of speaks for itself, I’ve been trying to do some searches but it was hard to find how much a specific rune costs let alone which ones are the most expensive. So reaching out to see if someone could explain. Thank you

(Ps I did read the sticky, but the explanation wasn’t very clear. Tried to read market chat but wasn’t clear there either)

• ilikeydodachacha June 14, 2019 at 4:42 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “2Q: how can you tell which tunes are rare/would people buy them attached to armor or can you salvage them off?” to “2Q: how can you tell which runes are rare/would people buy them attached to armor or can you salvage them off?”.
  • you can look at Rune trader in any major cities rune prices, you can salvage runes off with expert salvage kit and also sell them to rune trader then, its usually not worth the trouble trying find person to buy runes, with only exceptions rly high end (10k+) runes like sup vigors.

When ure trying find price for rune, look between sell & buy from rune trader and somewhere in that area :P

In presearing there arent rune traders and market is different.

• Official Post

Runes
    -50hp Major runes, all versions
    Superior runes with Minor rune icon
    Superior runes with Blue color
    Superior or Major runeswhich remain unsalvaged on a Blue armor/garb item

These are referring to runes that no longer drop or are available in the game.

Before they were updated Runes dropped differently, in general terms they would only be indicated by their text not by their colour/rarity.

The existing items were not removed when the change was introduced so there are still some of the old stored on accounts and therefore fall into the 'Pre-Nerf' list of items.

They sometimes crop up on Xunlai Sell threads, there is a pre-Nerf rune in this thread.

All Must Go (Perfect Shields/R8's/Demon Shields/Pre-nerf/Staffs/All Factions Swords)Updated Buyouts Added +new R8

Unless you see one up for sale or have an old account you won't find one now. They are only useful for collectors that might want a piece of 'history' as they have the same function when used.

Anything mentioned in the pre-Nerf context no longer drops in the game (they've been "Nerfed") so you'll only see them from other players.

• Hmm I guess I am beating around the bush. I forget exactly when, but I have some characters with some pretty old amour sets.

I was wondering if there was a way to tell if any of the "prenerf rare runes" are attached to these pieces, and if so can you salvage them off? Just scared to try because I dont want to destroy a 15k armour piece for nothing.

• I agree with OS T, if you provide screenshot of both the Armor Inventory Icon and it's description (you can do this without removing the rune from the armor), we can tell you if they are prenerf.

A few rules of thumb.

For the most part, but not limited to, Prenerf runes will have a different color/rarity and icon picture than they do today.

Here is one of mine, even though the +50HP itself still exists, this one is blue with the Common Rune Icon.

Prenerf-sup-vigor.jpg

There are also some prenerf runes where the functionality or benefit of the rune/insignia no longer exists.

In all of these cases, if you do post them here for informational, fair warning that you may get offline offers for them that may or may not be low offers. Be aware these can be pretty valuable, however also takes a specific audience to be interested in them. If you post here and get confirmation if any are prenerf, you can then post in Price Check to get some input on them before you put them up for sale.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• ilikeydodachacha June 14, 2019 at 5:44 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “2Q: how can you tell which runes are rare/would people buy them attached to armor or can you salvage them off?” to “2Q: how can you tell which runes are rare/would people buy them attached to armor or can you salvage them off? *Update(prenerf runes)”.
  • Sorry, I probably should've provided this tip in my prior response. What you would need to do is for any that are +x with Health-xx, or +41 or +50, use a Perfect/Superior/or Export Salvage kit just to get the following screen, you won't have to actually merch it, just to see the actual rune. If any that are +3 and not gold, or +2 that are not Purple, are Prenerf. So basically if this screen shows that the rarity of the rune is not what it is today, it is prenerf. (This is example is not prenerf, just showing how you can see the rune without removing it)

not-prenerf-example.jpg

Others may have more input on the topic.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.