Your Beloved Collections

• Monk's collection was posted last time in 2017 and quite alot has changed since!

Past week's i have been playing my monk ALOT! So its actual time to post these :)

Here are items ive been using past weeks on my monk (yes, everything been used ;D )

Y2T5tmk.png

bJl201s.png

NKupb06.png

2iRXWZw.png

PpWO08y.png

Thanks to anyone who's sold me someting over the years :)

-Pleikki

• the SSS and SWS vs dwarves definitely win it for me - insanely sexy! Very nice items.

The condition/armor as well as the attribute/armor shields have such flavor to them as well... some of the most fun combinations to collect!

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Hey,

as it has been a while since I last posted anything, I wanted to give you an update on my Bladed Shield Collection. When I find some more time this week, I will post some other projects as well :)

Ok let's start.

The Nice Ones

The I got some Armor for any Case ones:

The Whities

The +1/20's (I don't really collect those, just happened to have some)

The Odd Titties and non Max ones

Alright :) That's it for now.

GL all

Edited once, last by Kugiini (March 9, 2020 at 10:21 PM).

• My main collection is Q8 +5e/15^50 Jade weapons.

But while the final pieces of the Jade collection don’t magically show up, I decided to start a small humble side collection of OS weapons with +12% damage mod.

Finding OS 12% weapons (specially Q8s) has proven to be a hard task to do these days but, nevertheless, I managed to grab these pieces in the last few months:

(Special thanks to Kabong (KBNG) for the amazing Storm Bow and to Bradols for finding that matching 212g Piercing Axe, you guys are the best!)

-pequeno

Edited once, last by pequeno (March 14, 2020 at 11:22 PM).

• Fantastic stuff, really cool 10/10. Might I suggest you do a req 0 set?

I'm "working" on it, I have a Q0 7-9 purple Briar Blade, a Q0 6-8 blue Briar Blade but so far no Oaken Aegis offer :(
    I could even add a Q0 9-13 purple Bramble Recurve Bow with it, but seems like Oaken Aegis Q0 aren't as available as I want it to be....

ign: Teh Luvs Melandru

Making High Quality Cookies [亡囗囗大]

• I think its about time for me to make an appearance here! Many of you guys know i`m a big fan of caster weapons, especially staves... And i was finally able to finish one of my main projects! Since it seemed ambitious to collect every 20/20 staff in the game, i set out to get one of every requirement (the 14 that can drop today), not using a skin twice. So here they are:
    Joker%20Staffs.png?raw=1
    Thank you to all the people that helped me on this adventure so far, be it by selling me things or just keeping company. Special thanks to PhD for being awesome and especially Pyro (he composed this piece of art too) for starting this collection and always being a great friend, love you man!

IGN: Joker Hates Trading

Feel free to message me ingame :)

• Been quite a while, still working on my Nature Collection but I finally managed to finish the set I wanted since start : Briar + Oaken Aegis Q8 Purple

Helld7r.jpg

Thanks to Fadam & W E E E E E E E E E for providing me those items ~

I am very proud to have provided the blade to someone who clearly cares so much about it. It is so nice to pass things on when it really means something to the person receiving them. I wish you all the best with the rest of your collection ^^

IGN: Sam The Axe / W E E E E E E E E E

Always after req 8 stuff (Good or Bad!)

• There´s a tower shield :O

selling it?

I´d have it´s twin named "Defender" - same req same mods ;D

Nice work!

these sections are the most tempting and biggest ones: condition + attrmod, attrmod + armor mod and armor mod + condition mod ;D I enjoy collecting them a lot!

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Dear Collection Gods,

My TP collection is too small. Plz, i need more for my 'collection'. Idc if its white, blue, purple, gold, or a unique green item. I just want some out of nostalgia.

Sincerely Yours,

Looney

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• Hello everyone! Many of you have wondered why i have been selling some great items lately, sometimes sacrifices has to be made to accomplish someting truly magnificent.

I finally did what i was obligated to do as a real collector, wrote my name into history and signatured these masterpieces, because every great piece of art deserves to be regonized in the books of history.

Here is someting new, and someting old. With this quadruple now customized im now possibly greatest q7 15^50 collector around.

EYVfduk.png

Thanks to anyone who sold or bought items from me, thank to my friends and guildies who make it possible to accomplish things like these.

Happy easter!

-Pleikki

• Here I am to speak what I know.

Perhaps some of you have been waiting.

The 4 swords posted above are beloved, and not without cause

But men have lost their reason.

The obligation of a real collector is to preserve, protect and remember.

Beautiful masterpieces do deserve to be recognized and remembered but customization does nothing to accomplish that. In fact, many great masterpieces such as shields and offhands can’t be customized. What about them? Customization is not protection or preservation. Marring such items with customization simply to immortalize and congratulate oneself is a selfish, egocentric denigration of their beauty and meaning.

Items such as these are the history of the game. Once unearthed and protected from hackers, RMT, botters and other cheats, they require no intervention by anyone in order to carry it. A previous poster has equated the scribbling of his own name with the recognition of those items in “the books of history”. While it is certainly his right to customize, the assumption of such importance for himself and his own selfish act is absurdly egotistical and grotesque.

The assumption that the assembly of 4 largely-middling sword skins makes one the greatest r7 15>50 collector around is equally grotesque. This points to a failure in another of the major obligations of a true collector: To remember. Here in [PhD] it has been our mission to protect, preserve and remember for a very long time. A larger, more beautiful and more diverse r7 15>50 collection is presented, unmarred by amateurish customization, protected and preserved, to be remembered by all those who can see past their own noses.

LwDGPmf.jpg

TL;DR: Oh, gimme a break. Get over yourself. I'll take mine over yours any day :thumbup:

• Hey Kabong,

from previous posts I know that you and Pleikki are not best friends (understatement intended), but at this point you could have just congratulated him on aquiring such a nice set of eight max q7 Items.

By now, all players in Guild Wars know that [PhD] is a collectors guild with amazing, masterful, astonishing and mesmerizing items lying in your "Holy Halls" or whatever you call it. Thus, you of all people should know how hard it is to find a seller of those things, negotiate a fair price and putting together the funds needed to buy those goods. That is why I simply can't understand why after that amazing screenshot the first post of you, as one of the leaders of the self-proclaimed greatest collectors guild, is full of badmouthing and resentment. I know that there is a divided opinion in the community about wether to customize an item or not. There were extensive discussions about it on gwguru which we dont really need here anymore. But apart from that, Pleikkis items as well as your items deserve the maximum respect and I'm kind of missing any of that respect in your previous post. You should just accept, that there are other people out there, who can aquire an amazing set and are not in [PhD] or have different opinions. And for me as a normal player of this game, I couldn't care less if those items are customized or not. All I want to see are these amazing things :)

Well, maybe I will see a positive answer of your members regarding my post here with some respect and recognition towards the task Pleikki managed to conquer. But I don't believe in wonders or god at this point. :)

More likely will be some comments about my flawed argumentation or biased opinion. That is why I will be disappointed if I don't get at least 10 dislikes. I wont answer to any of that and I don't want to start another discussion in this thread. All I want is you to rethink about your statement or reaction as a collector after seeing such a cool collection of items. To me it was a shameful one.

Btw. I like to see your q7 items as well but to simply post them as a bad reaction to another q7 collection leaves a bad stain on them if you ask me.

Anyways stay healthy.

• In the interest of balance, let's not tar everyone who wears the PhD Cape with this particular brush as it's unfair to the vast majority who are still members.

• For Kugiini and others likewise confused:

Pleikki posted lovely items and is lucky to have them (see line 3 of my previous post). However, the words that accompany his post amount to him saying that the items are lucky to have his name scribbled on them and are somehow elevated to some historical pantheon ("the books of history" ???) by being altered in that way. Completely egotistical and warped. That abject overwhelming egocentricity and self-declared power over the history of the game is the objectionable matter.

The stuff about having the best r7 15>50 collection is more delusion than debate, so I'll let the picture I posted do the talking.

Nice items. The rest is preposterous.
    I hope this brings some clarity to the matter. There will be nothing else from me in this regard.

• One-upmanship isn't the answer. Anyone of any standing knows the situation and can deduce accordingly from it, legends in own lunchtimes etc.

I'm happy to see cool items, it tempts me to come out of retirement and salvage what was left behind....but the drama I feel everyone could do without. Collectors have the same modus operandi after all.