• So I am not sure if this is the right spot to ask this, but here is the scenario:

I am trying to get certain drops from mobs, but they won't seem to drop them. Not even white or blue variants of the skin. However, chests that spawn next to these groups, do drop the skins.

So here is my question:

Is it possible that the mobs wont drop the skins even if the chests that spawn with them do?

In short:

If a chest drops a certain skin, does that mean that the mobs around it (the group that the chest spawns on) do too?

• So here is my question:

Is it possible that the mobs wont drop the skins even if the chests that spawn with them do?

In short:

If a chest drops a certain skin, does that mean that the mobs around it (the group that the chest spawns on) do too?

1. Some drops are chest-only. Many of these are in keyless chests, but other exist in "normal" chests as well. For example, you'll never see an enemy drop Phantasmal Armor, but chests (Phantom/Obsidian and "locked" in those areas) can drop them. Not a "skin" exactly, but worth noting.

2. Not necessarily. Some weapon drops are enemy or profession specific. Paper lanterns, for example, will only ever drop from ele foes. But you can also get them from chests, including those not tied to or nearby any eles.

IGN: Vengeful Was Unholy
    Discord: Unholy2295
    WTB Pre-nerf Greens -> Information
    My WTB Thread

• Even if the skin is exclusive to the mobs?

For example: I am farming Smite Crawlers and in UW they drop Eternal Shields. I have gotten Eternal Shields from chests outside of UW but not from the Smites yet.

Like for the quest "Drakes on the plain". It spawns FoW drakes with the possibility to drop shadow weapons and also from the chests that spawn with them.

• Paper lanterns, for example, will only ever drop from ele foes. But you can also get them from chests, including those not tied to or nearby any eles.

This is actually an example i can confirm. I once got a paper lantern from a chest near sickened guards (warriors) in chos estate mission.

Another example im thinking of are the sickened animals in chos estate mission. they do not drop any weapons afaik, yet the chests near them can contain weapons.

Verdammter Choleriker lässt Folgendes fallen: Verfluchter Stab.