• Hey all,

Since i got no good source regarding this topic, I thought maybe some of you could enlighten me.

I've been playing a lot of ironman the last month, did A LOT of favor farming and noticed that at some point, i stop getting loot or i get max 1/2 drops.

Does anyone know how the loot you get is calculated or know why this happens?

It's been very frustrating just wanting to farm and play if i get 1 drop from a 34 foes ball (like raptors for example) its just not worth it at that point.

I feel like my acc is broken since i've had this problem for a week straight now, nothing is worth it anymore.

Every bit of information helps ^^

• I've read people say that the runs with many gold drops come in 'waves', even during favor, and from my own observations I would agree with that. Sometimes you get lots and lots and sometimes hardly any or none and that's normal.

Verdammter Choleriker lΓ€sst Folgendes fallen: Verfluchter Stab.

• This might, or might not help you out 😊

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Anti-farm_code

It does and doesn't.

It's "confirmed that for example, event items are not effected but I stopped getting event items from raptors for like 15 min straight, sooo they themselves don't even know their own code πŸ˜…

• I've read people say that the runs with many gold drops come in 'waves', even during favor, and from my own observations I would agree with that. Sometimes you get lots and lots and sometimes hardly any or none and that's normal.

Don't see a pattern in that at all, going from my own experience.

It's been a long time since I had lots and lots of golds, sometimes I don't even get whites or crafting material... The looting system is super weird

• From my understanding, the way the loot code was changed is that you get more drops per player in that instance with some variable of how big the instance is and how deep into an area/campaign it is. For instance, you will get more drops farming in the Jade Sea solo than farming in Kaineng City, and you will get more drops farming Underworld or FoW solo than either of those. Hard mode impacts this somewhat also.

To get the most drops, you would have to run alts in the same instance to claim all "possible drops" (my belief is that the drops are there - generated upon map instance - just not available to the solo player in an instance. We can observe something similar to this when multiple tomes drop from a chest for one person). Some people believe changing spots with a regular rotation or doing a mission in-between helps to alleviate the loot scaling, and ANet have said something similar to this, but you will never see the same type of drops over a long period of time when comparing farming solo to farming in a team.

Again its all speculation, players like Agent Chevy and Red Fireball are much more knowledgeable in this area than I am!

• From my understanding, the way the loot code was changed is that you get more drops per player in that instance with some variable of how big the instance is and how deep into an area/campaign it is. For instance, you will get more drops farming in the Jade Sea solo than farming in Kaineng City, and you will get more drops farming Underworld or FoW solo than either of those. Hard mode impacts this somewhat also.

To get the most drops, you would have to run alts in the same instance to claim all "possible drops" (my belief is that the drops are there - generated upon map instance - just not available to the solo player in an instance. We can observe something similar to this when multiple tomes drop from a chest for one person). Some people believe changing spots with a regular rotation or doing a mission in-between helps to alleviate the loot scaling, and ANet have said something similar to this, but you will never see the same type of drops over a long period of time when comparing farming solo to farming in a team.

Again its all speculation, players like Agent Chevy and Red Fireball are much more knowledgeable in this area than I am!

Im 100% gonna try adding a bunch of alts to my runs, that's interesting

I agree. During my Nolani farms I averaged 1 -1.5 gold per minute maybe (=per run) on ele but some runs had zero, some up to 6 from those 25ish mobs

IGN: Heavens Temptation | Purple Crystas, Zodicas, Tall Shields

• The loot scale mystery continues to plague us all for many years in the past and likely until the end of the game. There is no real known answer unless the actual logic is released which I would guess will never happen. As a result, everything that is heard is general speculation, many of these ideas can be partially experienced, some are debatable, some are just purely wild ideas.

The few things that can be confirmed...

• If you farm with alts, although there is an increase of drop volume, that's due to the math that the chances may be increased simply because each alt can receive a potential drop. This is similar to playing with 3 players, the total drops the 3 players would get would be more than if just one player was solo.
    • On the other spectrum of that, and as much as this is well known, I have learned that some players don't realize this, that by having a Hero or Henchie in the radar distance of the kill, items can be assigned to those heroes/henchies and will never be seen, as a result, decreasing the drop rate.
    • Favor does increase the drop rate of gold items (keep in mind that other loot scale logic may come into play), but in general, the number of gold drops from kills (not from chest) are increased during Favor.

Other suggestions that I have heard, some I believe are plausible, some I don't. Again, I am NOT saying these are true, just sharing the theories I have heard over the years...you can choose which ones you want to test or believe or even laugh at as I do with a few :D

• The more farms in a row at the same location can decrease drop rates, as a result some switch their farms often, maybe in a rotation format.
    • AOE's or any form killing groups at one time can decrease the drop rate.
    • Taking different paths while heading to farm spot can help the drop rate.
    • Using different weapons or armor piece for each farm run can help the drop rate.
    • Using different tonics or minis can help the drop rate.
    • Adding different dyes to armor between so many farms can help the drop rate.
    • Longer breaks from a particular farm location (weeks, months, etc) can help drop rate
    • Each Campaign and each location may have different drop rate logic
    • Logging out between farms can help the drop rate.
    • Switching chars between farms can help the drop rate

I am sure there are more I didn't think of and likely more that will come to light on this post.

As always, wishing good luck to everyone, may your good drops be plentiful!

Chevy

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• I know this much as a fact about loot scaling and the anti-farm code...

Idk why, but they both hate me with a passion.

Doesn't matter what i'm doing.

Solo? Barely any golds. Even if i add my alt to the party the AFC & LS hate it too.

Team of players? Last to get a gold drop and fewest overall every time.

κš›κš™κš› Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez κš›κš™κš›

• Thank you Chevy, for taking the time to write this all down.

• Same πŸ™ƒ