Low level gold items

• So I curious at what level do NPCs start to drop gold weapons ( not max level weapons). For example I picked up a req 5 gold sword which is pretty cool. I though I would go to Tyria and maybe try farming some more low level golds. Cleared (solo) Iron Horse Mine a couple times but no golds dropped. So I figured perhaps that area was too low a level for gold drops. Where, in Tyria maybe Factions also ( since I am really after old school stuff should I be farming?

• I 2nd Pleikki’s comment, although q3 is the lowest gold weapon, they are very rare to drop. You are more likely to see q4 and above.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• I can’t speak for other’s I just think some of the low level OS gold items are cool. I enjoy using them on my leveling toons. For me the big thing is melee weapons, shields and bows. I would be surprised if they have much value - though people like to collect stuff so who knows.

• Rarity of items doesn't always mean they have high trade value, however it doesn't mean that they are not collectable either.

There is an interest among some players to collect low level items, myself included. I generally look for items that have at max dmg for the req (sometimes 1 of dmg but with cool mods may find their way to the vault as well). For those who are not aware and interested, here is a running list of min/max dmg per req per weapon:

GW gear stat ranges and Gallery - Rebirth

The enjoyment may be the hunt for a gold low level item, with max dmg, and good mods. This alone can be an adventure not necessarily easy.

You can get these items from foes, as well as for Prophecies, the Kyrtan chest can drop low level golds (I have never seen a q3 from this chest, Red Fireball may have more info on what "level" this chest is considered. if it is higher than 12, it may only drop Q4, or Q5+, I have seen some cool Q5 golds from this chest myself.

Q3s are definitely hard to find, I enjoy having several Kamas and my favorite is a Sickle (Crescent), even though it is clean (no inherent), still a gem in my opinion.

I like to hear that others have this same interest and hope you enjoy the journey of this hunt as well.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• There´s definitely some collectors for things like these (hello...!).

I think most important info has been posted already. Lowest level mobs that drop gold items are lvl12. They drop q3 gold/purple items at lowest (except purple staves, those are a different story). They are the only foes that can drop q3 gold items - so those are really top notch. Generally over level the chances for gold items increase. Krytan chests can at lowest generate q4 golds, they are lvl14. I guess q3 max items from lvl12 are compareable to q8 max shields from lvl20 - but I have too few data as to underline this statement. A good spot to farm for low golds are sensali on shing jea island. In Prophecies lvl12s are a little underrepresented - at least farmable ones.

My personal favorites are my 12/4 skull shield +10plant +30 and a 12-16 q4 caster Forked sword :)

Good luck on your hunt for those items - glad to hear others are interested as well!

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier