• I recently tried to get some research content back on here (see https://guildwarslegacy.com/thread-453.html) but I have trouble getting any kind of table working. BB-Code, HTML or any option on the menu when posting a new thread/post - couldn´t find any working way to do it. There has been the BB-Code solution on old guildwarsguru which was very convenient - I´d also go into the HTML-coding, if there is a way to embed such in a post, the third option I assume would be too much. Hope you can help me - maybe there even is an option already that I´m not aware of?!
    cheers, Red

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• I'll die before I'll allow tables in here!

[table=100]

[tr][/tr]

[th]TH 1[/th]
    [th]TH 2[/th]
    [th]TH 3[/th]
    [th]TH 4[/th]
    [th]TH 5[/th]

[tr][/tr][td][/td]

TD 1

[td][/td]

TD 2

[td][/td]

TD 3

[td][/td]

TD 4

[td][/td]

TD 5

[tr][/tr][td][/td]

TD 21

[td][/td]

TD 22

[td][/td]

TD 23

[td][/td]

TD 24

[td][/td]

TD 25

[tr][/tr][td][/td]

TD 31

[td][/td]

TD 32

[td][/td]

TD 33

[td][/td]

TD 34

[td][/td]

TD 35

[td][/td]

TD 36

[/table]

Oh... is that a table? :o ;)

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

Edited once, last by Iaerah (January 26, 2017 at 9:13 PM).

• [font="Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace"][table=2][/font]
    [font="Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace"]

[tr][/tr]

[/font]

[tr][/tr][tr][/tr]

[font="Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace"][th]Woot[/th][/font][font="Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace"][th]cosyfiep[/th][/font][font="Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace"]

[/font]

[tr][/tr]

[/font]

[tr][/tr][tr][/tr]

[td][/td]

you're

[/font][font="Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace"]

[td][/td]

alive!

[/font][font="Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace"]

[/font]
    [font="Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace"][/table][/font]

• Guess he dieded now

• awesome - thanks for the help! I´ll try Kevins version whenever I find some spare minutes - if it wouldn´t work I´ll try Max´s or Lexx´s table versions - tbh they look more appealing in their demo posts, Kevin!

Huge thanks Kevin! you´re the governor!

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• If you need a hand let me know. You'll be able to cut out most of the work if you use notepad/whatever to replace " | " with "[/td][td]". Work smarter not harder!

Iaerah: I've noticed the th tags are left aligned but the td tags are centered. I'm not sure if that was intentional.

EDIT: Given the size of the table it'd also be important to make sure the forum doesn't break when the table is wider than the window.

EDIT 2: A wide enough table will break the formatting. Hopefully the requirements table will be fine.

EDIT 3: I broke it so much I had to hard delete this post and repost. Any further testing ought to be done in a separate test thread.

• finally I got a little time and here is the updated listvisible.

I´d propose some convenient changes - if that is possible (I´m not at all into this end of programming...):

a) maybe alternating color background for the rows

b) smaller height for the rows so the entire table doesn´t spread too far (with above idea it should be even better possible to have an overview)

c) Lines between cells and around the entire table - I see, the th version will do exactly that, but the text colour is too faint there

d) some options to highlight column and row descriptions

ok, I realised point c) and d) would be fixed by: 1. keeping lines with the td cells and 2. making the font black on the th cells

also does the table=5 mean anything? It has bothered me on guildwarsguru for a long time, as the 5 just seems to be a title for the table which is nowhere shown...

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

Edited once, last by Red Fireball (January 26, 2017 at 10:10 AM).

• I'll look into all of those, but to be honest I've got a quite hefty to-do list already, so it may take a while.
    a) I haven't added any styling to the tables yet - it's still the default theme styling. I'll look into it when I can :)
    b) Same as above, I'll need to modify the styling of it
    c) Same as above
    d) Could do that ^^
    The table=5 indicates how big your table is. Putting it on 100 will let the table take the entire width, 50% half of it, etc..

• I'll look into all of those, but to be honest I've got a quite hefty to-do list already, so it may take a while.
    a) I haven't added any styling to the tables yet - it's still the default theme styling. I'll look into it when I can :)
    b) Same as above, I'll need to modify the styling of it
    c) Same as above
    d) Could do that ^^
    The table=5 indicates how big your table is. Putting it on 100 will let the table take the entire width, 50% half of it, etc..

don´t rush it - we stayed in gw1 for more than 10 years - we are not the folks who need quick changes :D

also I found a rather confusing thing: whenever I post or preview my post there are some empty lines added to my "code" - noticed it in the tables, also it seems as though those empty lines between rows of the table code generate a bigger distance between the table and the text above it... dunno if either is supposed to happen?!

And damn that table=5 is even useful then! - Thanks for enlightening me!

first change I would do for the staff table (I cant even see req 12 or 13) is to change the name of the staff gold/purple...put a space after the / so that it goes to a new line (same for white/blue) might want to just change the title from req to staff....

Thanks there - changed it, looks better :) (even though my screen was wide enough or my font small enough to show the entire thing, so I didn´t notice)

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

Edited once, last by Red Fireball (January 26, 2017 at 9:31 PM).

• hm, still not seeing the rest of the staff table but the names fit in better--though I like the size of the 1st one better now as well...(can only see up to req 11 on the staff table still)
    and I dont see a way to scroll left/right either to get the rest of that table (I thought I had a good enough sized monitor /sadpanda)