Post Your Favorite Chest Run

• Little Update:

It's the quest Chasing Zenmai. Even if you didn't talk to Guardsman Linro (so the quest didn't start), it interferes with the mobs in Bukdek Byway ....

Thank you Looney for your time.

Best regards

Oh those sneaky assassins screwing with things even before you meet them! XD

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• do you do it in HM or NM? Cheers

Gold item drop rate is better in hm (plus tomes) so overall more worthwhile, nm is waaay easier only lots of purples. The area is much too high level for q8 drops, so really NM is just for if you feel lazy.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• Welcome back to the Chest Running world. Personally, I do all of my Chest running on an Assassin (A/E), I use pretty much the same build for the majority of my runs (both HM and NM for Q8s) with the exception of Hell's Precipice HM, that one takes a different build (I use A/R). My build is posted within the several chest running guides I have on here.

On another note, there are several other Derv chest runners that are also successful, I only use my Derv for solo farming so maybe someone can provide some insight regarding a Derv Build.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Welcome back to the Chest Running world. Personally, I do all of my Chest running on an Assassin (A/E), I use pretty much the same build for the majority of my runs (both HM and NM for Q8s) with the exception of Hell's Precipice HM, that one takes a different build (I use A/R). My build is posted within the several chest running guides I have on here.

On another note, there are several other Derv chest runners that are also successful, I only use my Derv for solo farming so maybe someone can provide some insight regarding a Derv Build.

Hello Sir, is there like any guild or alliance that are doing chest runs? Is also FOW chestruns still a thing? Solo Chest Runs is getting boring really quick.

• There isn't a whole lot of group chest running happening these days, there may be a guild out there that host some in groups.

I do like FOW chest runs but tend to only do so during Pantheon week so that it is free, it also helps to space out the same run after doing so many to help refresh the drops. That is one run I have in my rotation but don't have it mapped on here.

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• I do always use warrior. But it's more bc it's my main than it being fastest. It has some very useful skills and some nice builds. Weakness is definitely hexes, esp snares, since there is no perma on warr. A shadow form in the build will get you through many areas with snares if your timing is right. Personally I feel it is fast since you never have to maintain enchantments that need to cast plus you just take fewer damage due to armor. So for me warrior is the choice on most areas - those that I fail at due to either high spell damage or snares I use sin. It's advantages are perma. I feel weak with his lower armor and fail many runs that I succeed as warr (hells hm e.g.) but that's since I am nlt used to playing sin as much. Derv is definitely fastest runner - you can achieve permanent 50%IMS. There is couter spell options and you have the armor. Personally I think derv would currently be the most versatile option - but I don't have one. Warrior is very reliable and easy if there's mainly melee and sin when there's mainly casters. Basically I'd go for the one I enjoy playing the most, which would definitely tick sin off my list. Probably I'd even try a derv if I'd have to restart.

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Hey guys, returning runner here :o

Feels so good to know some people still enjoy it, guys in my guild think I’m crazy :’)

Btw, if you need any translation from french to english, feel free to ask (I saw some pictures are in french on the imgur :o)

May the Chest’s god be with you :D

Chest run for ever

IG : Grand Mere Shoutee

• I was reading earlier post.. does chest after loot scaling?

Hey,

If you are asking if chest drops are scaled after repetitive runs, this is a debatable topic, my opinion (only opinion not based on actual knowledge of the logic and code), is that yes, drops can worsen over time if you are doing the same route, same build, same char. I prefer to do so many in one place then move to another location. On the other hand, I know players that will run 1000 runs in one place and still have success long term over the runs. If this wasn't what you were asking, sorry, please clarify.

Can anyone post an interesting Maguuma chest run? Been messing with q8 os runs lately and I am curious

Hey,

My favorite 2 are Reed Bog (1-2 chests you have to run from one zone to another or bring an alt) or I also like Dry Top, same concept but only 1 chest but much quicker run. My last run there just a month ago, I did get a q8/16 Gold Skull Shield (single mod of course) and a q7 14-20 (Max) Forked Sword 15^50. The Q8 chances are low but you get some cool Q7 max items there as well.

Good luck!!

Chevy

• Hey,

If you are asking if chest drops are scaled after repetitive runs, this is a debatable topic, my opinion (only opinion not based on actual knowledge of the logic and code), is that yes, drops can worsen over time if you are doing the same route, same build, same char. I prefer to do so many in one place then move to another location. On the other hand, I know players that will run 1000 runs in one place and still have success long term over the runs. If this wasn't what you were asking, sorry, please clarify.

Chevy

I agree with Chevy on this one, even if there is no concrete proof (we'll need to do some stats but I am way too lazy to do it)

I have the feeling than the first 5-10 runs give me more "good" drops than after, even if I will still drop some later.

I am still running ~100 chests per area before switching but I tempt to notice that the first few chests will get me what I am looking for (when I chest a specific item/skin).

Giving the area a rest can be a good idea

• Only the vermins (and the group with the mantid boss) will drop you celestial on this map.

So just leave from Senji's Corner and head North West.

0-3 chest in /age 2 minutes.

You can't target a specific weapon, you just need to rely on luck and open more and more chests.

As for some other runs, only a few locations / foes will drop it :

-Nahpui quarter mission (farm)

-Mantids outside Nahpui (farm)

-Kappas in the undercity (chestrun and farm)