List of content updates

• As I repeadetly want to check the exact wording and dates of certain fundamental changes to the game, I thought I'd start a list here to share with everyone. The selection is made thus that all updates are included that left behind something to the game as is - pre nerf items of all sorts, outposts unlocked no longer accessible for new chars, areas possible to explore that no longer are... and also those that added major content to put the others in perspective.

Chronological order with brief summary of the relevant fixes, nerfs, features, ...

time line of campaigns, expansions and beyond, major content:

2005 Apr 28th Prophecies

2005 Sep 7th Sorrows Furnace & Titan Quests

2006 Jan 19th Tomb of primeval Kings, Battle Isles

2006 Apr 26th Factions early access, Titles

2006 Apr 27th Factions

2006 Oct 27th Nightfall

2006 Dec 1st Realm of Torment

2007 Apr 19th Hard mode

2007 Aug 31st Eye of the North

2007 Nov 29th Bonus mission pack

2010 Apr 2nd first of 10 updates War in Kryta (last was 2010 Jul 10th)

2010 Dec 16th Hearts of the North, hero Keiran Thackery

2011 July 7th first of 3 updates Winds of Change (last was 2012 Feb 9th), hero Zei Ri

minor content updates

2006 Mar 2nd Kephket Marrowfeast

2006 Dec 20th added treasure chests to Elona

2007 Jun 15th introduction of PvE skills

2008 Apr 24th Droknars Forge (explorable)

2008 Sep 4th added hero MOX

2009 Apr 23rd Nicholas the traveler, daily zaishen challenge, zaishen menagerie

2009 Oct 22nd hero battles and team arena removed

2009 Nov 19th Dhuum

2010 Oct 21st Mausoleum

2011 Mar 3rd Embark Beach, Langmars quest in pre

2011 Apr 28th HM version of Villainy of Galrath

2011 Jun 2nd HM version of Titan quests

2015 Apr 22nd Proofs of Legend, decade weapons

2020 Apr 22nd added new PvE skills, proof of Triumph, anniversary weapons

individual item updates
    unique/green items

2006 Jun 15th Forgotten Fan, Frozen Fan, Rotwing Recurve Bow, Tattered Fan, The Ice Breaker, Totem Axe, Ungues of the Oni

2006 Dec 20th Balthazars Fury, Dwaynas Grace, Grenths Grasp, Lyssas Bedlam, Melandrus Grip drop now

2007 Jun 1st Stoneherders Flatbow

2008 May 29th Icebloods Warstaff

2010 May 21st The Peacekeeper, Soul, Harmony, The Soul Reaper, The Rapture, Firebrand, Law and Order, Long Arm of the Law

available uninsc

2006 Mar 9th added Shadow Blade

2006 Aug 17th added Gloom Shield, Golden Maul, Grinning Recurve Bow, Guardian of the Hunt, Hand Axe (Canthan), Jade Sword, Salient Daggers

only available insc

2008 Mar 6th and 2008 Apr 3rd added new items from the 2007 Design a weapon contest

2011 Jun 2nd added Envoy weapons

other items

2006 Aug 17th Lotus Staff

2009 Apr 23rd equipment pack

2019 Feb 5th added Runes of holding and belt holding

individual items being changed

2005 Sep 7th HoD sword now 15wE - leaving +5e pre-nerf (see german forum entry)

2006 Mar 9th new elemental staff skins now known as core skin - leaving dead staff skin elemental staves pre-nerf

2006 May 19th scrolls now stackable - leaving unstackable ones pre-nerf

2006 Jun 1st major runes now only have -35HP - leaving -50HP ones pre-nerf

2006 Jul 13th reduced Rockmolder HSR mod from 20% to 10% retroactively

2006 Oct 25th introduction of HoD bow and axe as casters?!, inherent hsr on green staves retroactively changed - leaving pre-nerf versions that have changed mod order on those green staves, that showed mods in the order wrap>head (the script changed them retroactively to head>wrap)

2006 Dec 8th Wroths Holy Rod got mods changed - leaving a pre-nerf version

2006 Dec 20th lowered shiro's Blades and Shiro's Sword requirement from 15 to 13 retroactively, changed Hassins Shell from 10 to 8 armor and 20hp retroactively, changed Peppermint and Gingerbread shield from 10 to 8 ar retroactively

2007 Apr 19th changed collector weapons with 25% charrslaying mods to 20% - leaving prenerf mods

2007 May 24th icy dragon sword is now considered rare retroactively
    2007 Sep 4th
    fixed a bug that had destroyer wepons customized in the hall of monuments not to have 20% damage increase. Existing versions could still exist and the option to "update" them was given in the 2007 Sep 13th update - leaving pre nerf version

2007 Sep 29th Stygian Recurve Bow now actually functions as a Recurve Bow instead of Long Bow - retroactive

2008 Mar 13th changed Dragon Scythes to Dragon Kamas and White Scythe to White Reaver retroactively

2008 Apr 24th changed wayward wand greenies - leaving pre-nerfs, also mentions straw effigies, staves of the forgotten and golden boar scepters

2008 Jun 5th Icebloods Warstaff had his HCT Water 40% split into two 20% ones retroactive

2010 May 24th fixed a bug that allowed all WiK greenies to be modded retroactive

2012 Feb 9th #3 Imperial Dragon Spear lost a 30HP mod since it had two spear handle equivalents retroactively

2012 Feb 16th added the inscription analog mod to Phoenix's Retribution retroactively, also changed Faith?!

2015 May 14th fixed a bug that enabled uncustomized Bonus Mission Pack items - leaving prenerf version

individual items being removed/no longer possible to drop or obtain

2006 Mar 2nd removed keyless chests in dreadnoughts drift, tascas demise and ice floe - removing last remaining drop source of swamp club and krytan axe?!

2007 Jan 19th HoH chest now drops insc items - removing last remaining drop source of certain skins in golden rarity oldschool: crystalline sword, dwarven axe, dwarven hammer, Serpent Axe (tyrian)

2007 Feb 14th removal of the "Gain Olias" quest - leaving Olias letters as pre nerf

changes concerning exploration

2005 May 11th new system to arena access - exploration of the arena maps no longer possible adding info when clarified

2005 Sep 7th introduction of Sorrows Furnace (tiny bit of extra exploration by a shadow step behind the portal)

2006 Jan 19th removal of team arena in Droknars Forge which blocks new arrivers from exploring a bit of the map

2006 Dec 15 Lions arch was erroneously replaced by the amnoon oasis map, allowing for extra exploration - fixed soon after (screen1, screen2)

2008 Jan 10th fixed an exploit that allowed travel to outposts that were otherwise inaccessible (see notes of 2008 Jan 10th)

2008 Apr 24th Droknars Forge (explorable) reallowed exploration of the Droknars Forge Team Arena

2010 Jun 4th changed the walking behaviour of merchants from the mercantile summoning stone so that some portals can no longer be gotten behind (a SaO chain still works for most) the german wiki notes these changes in the 2010 Jun 4th

2011 Apr 1st added new explorables for April fools day that allow a tiny bit of extra exploration compared to the regular Riverside Province in post searing

2013 Feb 21st Necrotic Traversal and Consume Corpse are now restricted like shadow steps - leaving some pathings inaccessible (e.g. Ruriks path in The Frost Gate)

updates relevant to pre-searing

2006 Feb 10th fixed bug that allowed access to guild hall from presearing 2007 Jun 22nd introduced charr salvage kits to the game (presearing)

2007 Oct 25th fixed a bug that allowed access to account storage where it shouldn't be possible - the third glitch/second bug that allowed post items in pre - this time allowing for tomes and other lately added items (see notes of 2007 Nov 17th and also 2007 Aug 17th - the second opportunity was no bug but rather a hack, hence an exploit and was fixed somewhere start of August)

2008 Jan 11th fixed another exploit that could be used to bring post items to pre-searing ascalon

2011 Mar 3rd added langmars quest in pre searing making the lvl 20 achievable without death-leveling. The quest mobs could drop items of higher quality than any other mob in pre which led to a quick fix of the situation - but some items as relics were left behind

updates with fundamental functionality changes

2005 Jun 8th introduction of anti-farm code (2005 Jun 15th fix to a bug)

2005 Sep 7th new system of chests replacing keyless chests

2005 Sep 29th removed keyless chests in Riverside Province and Gates of Kryta

2006 Jan 19th created the Battle Isles and removed high end PvP outposts from Prophecies

2006 Mar 2nd removed keyless chests in dreadnoughts drift, tascas demise and ice floe

2007 Jan 19th HoH chest now drops insc items making multiple skins in golden rarity prenerf (crysta, dwarven axe, dwarven hammer)

2007 Feb 14th chests attached to pop-up mobs now spawn when they pop up

2007 Apr 19th introduction of Hard mode, addition of lockpicks, cancellation of loot reduction upon repeated map entry, introduction of loot-scaling

2007 Apr 20th adapted loot scaling such that certain items are exempt (see notes of 2007 Apr 20th)

2007 May 24th added end chests to the deep and urgoz warren

2007 Aug 9th changed favor from a PvP to a PvE system - titles now count instead of HoH win

2007 Aug 13th fixed an item dupe exploit using the reconnect feature

2007 Oct 10th introduction of HM to EotN

2008 Oct 9th fixed a bug that generated "clean" (=no insc slot) high end items if they had the deathbane mod
    2009 Dec 17th
    festival hats are now applied like costumes - leaving old ones that are worn as head gear pre-nerf

2010 Nov 2nd fixed the Mausoleum drops and ran build to destroy those that were erroneously created - as we all know plenty remained though

2013 Sep 26th changed favor to the current effects of increased drop rate of rare items

2019 Feb 5th changed storage pane size

updates affecting stats of weapon and armor drops in a broader sense

2005 Sep 17th purple and gold items now have at least one mod

2006 Mar 2nd increased the shield mods from -3/10 to -5/20 at maximum, -2while hexed to -3 while hexed 45while hexed to 60while hexed at maximum

2006 Apr 26th vamp, zeal, 1x%/-1 only on rares, sundering mods now 20/20 at max, increasing quality of uncommon and rare items, major runes on purple armor, superior on gold, added new inherent modifiers +5e, 15/-5e, 15/-10a to pvp, +5e in PvE, removal of the dualreduction as drop?!

2006 Oct 25th new dye sytem, new hsr system to staff drops

2006 Oct 27th change of the reqs to the current ranges

time frames of the most important nerfed item drops

2005/04/28 - 2006/10/27 q7 max items

2005/04/28 - 2006/10/25 "prenerf" staves (without white hsr)

2006/10/25 - 2006/10/27 q8 max staff with white HSR

2005/04/28 - 2006/04/26 prenerfs due to low mod (6vs piercing on gold shield)

2005/03/02 - 2006/04/26 dualreduction shield with -4/18 or higher

2005/04/28 - 2006/03/06 dead staff skin elemental staves

2005/04/28 - 2006/03/02 swamp club

2006/04/26 - 2006/10/27 q7 caster weapons

2006/04/26 - 2007/01/19 caster crysta, dwarven axe, dwarven hammer

2006/08/17 - 2006/10/27 Gloom Shield q8, Golden Maul q8, Grinning Recurve Bow q8, Guardian of the Hunt q7, Hand Axe (Canthan) q7/q8, Jade Sword q8, Salient Daggers q8

Any input to the layout is very welcome :)

Hope this helps others!

Need help to clarify or verify sections in bold. If you know anything please share!

Things to check:

anything in bold

green item nerfs

rune nerfs

collector/weaponsmith/quest reward item changes (one point is the -50hp cesta)

nerf of unconditional damage mod

increase of 45wH to 60wH

chang of Ferverborn Staff to Fervorborn Staff (before 2008 Feb 2nd, when wiki entry was changed)

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

Edited 106 times, last by Red Fireball: added the update, that added urgoz and deep end chests (July 12, 2023 at 4:46 AM).

• question simple do you have the update of 2017 ? because on wiki they don't list those of 2017

Maybe there weren't any? The German wiki only lists two and they're server maintenance changes not game changes.

Spielupdates/2017 – GuildWiki

pasted via Google Translate:

Update - October 6, 2017

• Server maintenance performed.

GuildWiki note: The European servers are back and available for use in PvE. Their IPs have changed from 206.127.144.0/22 to 18.194.0.0/15, 35.156.0.0/14 and 52.28.0.0/16. The servers are now operated by Amazon's A100 ROW GmbH, presumably still in Frankfurt. The display with the /ip command is incorrect and shows the IP address of the servers on your LAN. It cannot be used in PvP.

GuildWiki note: As of October 16 at around 10:00 p.m., the European servers can also be used in PvP. The changeover happened without an update and apparently led to a server failure for a few minutes an hour and a half later.

Updated - August 9, 2017

• Server maintenance performed.

GuildWiki note: The European servers have been shut down. There are only American servers (CIDR 64.25.32.0/21). This was a temporary measure due to a major server outage.

• Ok thank you

After if i'm not mistaken the changes in game are not always notified on the wiki for example a few weeks ago there was a change in the number of people at kamadan per district which was divided by 2 and this is not wrote on the wiki.

• Yes it's possible I suppose.

Since Arena Net stopped putting game updates on guildwars.com they started putting the game updates onto the main Wiki. It now relies on Arena Net updating them directly on the main Wiki for us to even know anything since there is no other source.

I saw the same comments on Reddit. If Arena Net don't record them (on the Wiki) then it is up to someone else / one of us to know and make the changes.

• I could be mistaken but wasn't the +5e mod not available on OS items until a couple months after the release of Factions? The order for their availability would've been HoD sword > Rajazan's Fervor (factions release, april 2006) > Totem Axe (Prophecies, added in June 15th 2006 update > other OS items. Is this not the case? Is my timeline for the OS addition mixed up?

The availability for them would've been only a few months before Nightfall came out. The late release of that mod is the explanation for so few q7 +5e swords and q8 +5e prophecies swords.

Edit: That said, I've not seen or heard of any caster dwarven axes (or equivalent skins).

Edit 2: Saw your note in the other thread about the Jan 2017 HoH update. That would give it a few extra months past nightfall, but the main question for me is when the mod became available in the first place. If I knew at some point, I've forgotten.

great input - the point of this thread is exactly to clarify those! I can not remember myself when exactly what was added and for the list rely on the update notes on the official, the fan and the german wiki. when exactly the 5e was added I couldn't find out precisely yet. I know that it must have been before the HoH droo change 2007 jan 19th since this was the latest source of os gold crystas and we see them in 5e. also found forum entries with pics from december 2006 and I'd also argue it was before release of nf on 2006 Oct 7th, since obviously there are some q7 caster swords (and q7 was nerfed latest with release of nf - but the change on reqs wasn't specified on the public notes and since it is not an obvious change like "collector sword xy was changed to yz" couldn't be instantly noticed. it is fun to read forum entries from short after nf release concerning the matter "ofc they do drop. why should they not." "I've had a couple max q8 and also a q7 drop, but I already sold them" and ofc no one could post a screen. retrospectively funny - anyways... XD)

the big req nerf and the addition of caster mods are likely two of the most important notes on this topic and not clarified 100%...

your timeline is interesting - it would narrow down timeframe for the addition of 5e

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• seems like I found the relevant info on german forum: 2006 May 2nd a pic of a caster broad sword. and the mod had been added a first time on the 26th april update for a brief moment (15min) before being hotfixed according to the thread.

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Great work so far, and I like the new presentation with the different categories.

A comprehensive list of the content update and precise date when the prenerf item became obtainable/unobtainable has been missing for a long time ! Glad to see someone finally took the time to do it.

I will try to post some info on the updates relative to the prenerf green, blues and runes and dyes.

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)

• Before I start digging in the prenerf green let's get a few easy one out of the way :

> In the Major Content update category I would definitively include the addition of the Tomb of the Primeval Kings (ToPK) elite area in the 19 January 2006 update. This update also created the Battle Isles (Isle of the Nameless, GToB, RA/HA outpost, Zaishen challenge etc...) and closed the high level Prophecies PvP outpost : the team Arena accessible from Droknar Forge and the Competition Arena accessible from Lion Arch. Also note that 15 new greens are linked to the addition of the ToPK bosses.

> In the Minor Content update category I would include the addition of Kepkhet Marrowfeast in the 2nd March 2006 update, this update also added the boss associated green : Kepkhet's Refuge. If you don't consider Kepkhet to be big enough to be included in the Minor content update, at least its green should be included in the Individual Item Update.

> Also in the Minor Content update : the addition the "Droknar's Forge (explorable area)", as the end-game zone of GW prophecies in the 24th April 2008 update. This update included some new dialog, NPC, the Deldrimor Talisman and something like 30 new green items.

> Some other minor content update maybe worth listing :
    * UW rework the 19th november 2009 : Dhuum added, end chest updated with new items

* the Titan Quest added in the 7th September 2005 update.
    * the hard mode quests added the 28th April 2011 (Galrath) and the 2th june 2011 (Titan)
    * Embark beach added the 3rd March 2011
    * Maybe add more detail on the 23 April 2009 update : that added Nicholas the traveler (already listed) but also the Zaishen challenge quest and the Zaishen Menagerie

2005 May 11th new system to arena access - exploration of the arena maps no longer possible

To add a bit more info on that one. Before the update, there were no map rotation and each PvP arena was linked to a specific outpost.
    The Ascalon/Shiverpeak outpost and their associated arenas are still unchanged nowadays.
    The Fort Koga oupost, the Amnoon Area oupost, the d'Alesio Arena outpost and the outpost linked with the Craig Arena were all made unaccessible and everything was centralised in the Competitive Arena (4v4 random) near LA and the Team Arena (4v4 team) near Droknar. Then 6 months later those outposts were closed and replaced by the battle Isles (19 January 2006 update)

Edited once, last by Oldschool Cool (January 18, 2022 at 6:23 PM).

• halfway through your posts Oldschool Cool thanks a lot for the additions. the items added with content updates I wouldn't list - else I'd have to make a list of some hundred items for factions and the likes. I'd guess it is obvious from the relevant wiki entries which items/bosses etc were added with them - in case someone is unsure or want to read up.

the info on the arena workover is great. do you know what happened to those who had accessed the arena outposts and cartographed the arena maps? I think they can still acces the outposts and the map is still revealed (both for the outpost and the arena map) most of them being inaccessible and hence not cartographable - correct?

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

he items added with content updates I wouldn't list - else I'd have to make a list of some hundred items for factions and the likes. I'd guess it is obvious from the relevant wiki entries which items/bosses etc were added with them - in case someone is unsure or want to read up.

Obviously, and I trust you judgement on that one. :thumbup:

do you know what happened to those who had accessed the arena outposts and cartographed the arena maps? I think they can still acces the outposts and the map is still revealed (both for the outpost and the arena map) most of them being inaccessible and hence not cartographable - correct?

As far as I know when the outpost was removed everybody that was inside was moved and absolutely nobody can travel to it anymore. I know that I had access to it on my oldest character, maybe not the very old individual outpost but at least the competition arena and I definitively can't access it nowadays. Maybe some people who have account even older can also contribute but I don't thing it's accessible to anyone.

For the cartography part, well it's some extra % for them but Prophecies is notorious for having a lot of leeway in the cartography so at the end of the day some 0,1% aren't a big deal.

• do you know what happened to those who had accessed the arena outposts and cartographed the arena maps? I think they can still acces the outposts and the map is still revealed (both for the outpost and the arena map) most of them being inaccessible and hence not cartographable - correct?

As far as I know when the outpost was removed everybody that was inside was moved and absolutely nobody can travel to it anymore. I know that I had access to it on my oldest character, maybe not the very old individual outpost but at least the competition arena and I definitively can't access it nowadays. Maybe some people who have account even older can also contribute but I don't thing it's accessible to anyone.

For the cartography part, well it's some extra % for them but Prophecies is notorious for having a lot of leeway in the cartography so at the end of the day some 0,1% aren't a big deal.

From an old account, this is what I can contribute:

Account creation: May 2005
    Character type: PvE
    Character campaign: Prophecies
    Arenas Rank (current): Fierce Gladiator (R2 = 1200 points)
    zgAiuNU.png

This was the first character created on this account that was doing Arenas and PvP mainly and entered in all the arenas available in its moment.

I checked each one with Toolbox and this is how it is now in this account:

WARNING - Take this with a grain of salt, could be totally wrong since wqcefp proved that he does still have them discovered.

● Competition Arenas (outpost) - https://i.imgur.com/0mtmGLQ.png

travel button icon: no (deleted)

map discovered: no

/tp 65 (teleport erased)

D'Alessio Arena (outpost) - https://i.imgur.com/Rjjgzm0.png

/tp 318, 339 (all teleports disabled)

Amnoon Arena (outpost) - https://i.imgur.com/W6Ylfwo.png

map discovered: yes

/tp 182, 319, 340 (all teleports disabled)

Fort Koga (outpost) - https://i.imgur.com/fsL3NTc.png

/tp 180, 320, 341 (all teleports disabled)

Team Arenas (outpost) - https://i.imgur.com/g5FSPhf.png

/tp 189 (teleport disabled)

Deldrimor Arena (outpost) - https://i.imgur.com/W0SCOxH.png

/tp 183 (teleport disabled)

The Crag (outpost) - https://i.imgur.com/MTuBaIP.png

/tp 184 (teleport disabled)

Ascalon Arena (outpost) - https://i.imgur.com/w2ME5E9.png

travel button icon: yes

/tp 85 (teleport available)

/tp 308 (teleport disabled) probably because it's the pre-Searing Arena, but I don't have a character there right now to check it

Shiverpeak Arena (outpost) - https://i.imgur.com/z7ymfue.png

travel button icon: yes

/tp 181 (teleport available)

/tp 314 (teleport available but it kicks you) probably the "Dwayna vs Grenth" or snowball arena

/tp 322 (teleport disabled)

/tp 343 (teleport disabled)

Edited 6 times, last by Ostona (January 19, 2022 at 6:34 PM).

• Ostona thanks a TON for this detailed info! I will think of a proper way to include all this into the "concerning exploration" category. I'd love to make a collage screen of all the extra bits of exploration - do you have Tex Mod and the Cartography made easy package so you could provide us with screens of how the relevant section look now on the mentioned char? that' be beyond great!

another point: has anyone been here on 2006 dec 15th and explored the entireity of Lions Arch map and could provide the same screens? That'd be great! Guess I'll have to do another dedicated thread just for the extra bits of exploration with all the nerfed arenas, bugs, added content, shadow steps and more.

Also Evelynn Roscoe  Unholy  MaxBorken could link here or copy the relevant sections into their threads on pre nerfs.

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• do you have Tex Mod and the Cartography made easy package so you could provide us with screens of how the relevant section look now on the mentioned char? that' be beyond great!

Yes, but this character only unlocked the essentials of the game to advance to the end, it was only used for Arenas and HA, so it has the Tyrian Explorer at 67.0%

I checked this textures:

and only the 2017 Edition has the areas marked, but everything is cloudy again, so they reverted the map exploration and covered the zones again it seems.

I don't know if the % of map exploration was reduced from the progress bar when they covered the zones again, if anyone knows of any case in the whole GW history where a title has been reverted or reduced with an update, let us know please.

Edit: wqcefp has the map discovered, so this problem only happens in my map for some reason that I don't understand.

I remember pretty well being inside The Crag's outpost because there was a bridge similar to the one in Ember Light Camp that led to nowhere behind the lava mountain, and the outpost itself was above the fight zone like Alliance Battles, so I can assure 100% the map was registered and fully explored, but right now this is how it looks like (the notes in the picture are from the texture, not mine):

bXjKdFI.png

And this was the outpost.

Left : picture from the wiki

Right : my marks

hHCHluX.png

EDIT

I searched inside the Black Falcon Games website and look what I've found: https://blackfalcongames.net/?p=659

GIF comparison: gallery | outpost | arena

sCKSfIj.jpg

ipYAKSP.jpg

another point: has anyone been here on 2006 dec 15th and explored the entireity of Lions Arch map and could provide the same screens?

I don't know about this, what do you mean with "entireity"? Isn't it possible today to fully explore it? Something was different in the past?

Edited 4 times, last by Ostona (January 19, 2022 at 6:21 PM).

• I didnt read the whole thread, sorry, but are we saying that the now inaccessible pvp arenas got covered in clouds again?

Cause that certainly isnt the case for the second oldest char on my account. I even recently based my cartography title on those bits, so that i could save other annoying bits in the southern shiverpeaks lol

If i misunderstood then never mind this post ^^

• wqcefp that's exactly what we are talking about! thanks a lot for the screenies!

Ostona aye if map is foggy for you screens won't help - and the old cartography files seem to be perfect for that matter. I'll take those when I find time to do the mentioned thread.

still leaves the question then how or what changed between ostona and wqcefp chars since obviously both were there when the outposts still were in place...

Ostona there was a bug with the update mentioned (see list in OP under cartography) basically when you zoned to LA you landed in the environment of amnoon oasis but the map still showed that of lions arch. this led to many areas possible to be explored, that otherwise weren't. I attached screenies there to let you estimate the extent.

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• So the character from my screenshots above (second oldest char) is 196 months old.

The very first character on my account is also 196 months old, but maybe an additional 1 or 2 weeks, i can not remember exactly.

Maybe that helps narrowing down a timeline of events?

Also that character has uncovered slightly more of the one pvp area:

• Great addition wqcefp, I edited my message above crossing out what I said, because this proves I was wrong.

Then I don't understand what happens with my map, it's really strange. I did not mention other outposts because my memory could be wrong and perhaps I entered with another character (but it shouldn't be because I always played with the same profession), but in the case of The Crag I can assure 1000000% I was inside because that account was the only one doing PvP and with the title, so this is fucked up in some way.

I'm gonna enter with the other characters, 1 sec.

EDIT 1: nop, everything is clouded in mine in all the characters, I don't fucking understand. Red Fireball don't trust too much what I have written above (the list I mean), it could be all wrong right now. I edited with a warning message to prevent confusion.

EDIT 2: wqcefp can you try to enter the outposts using the /tp command of GW Toolbox? You have the Map ID numbers for each one in my post above.

EDIT 3: I see the LA bug, cool, I didn't know, thanks for the pictures.

Edited 3 times, last by Ostona (January 19, 2022 at 6:55 PM).

• Are you really sure about earning the gladiator title in the Craig Arena ?

As far as I remember the title didn't exists at the start of the game and were added later on. The 26th april 2006 update say :

Titles

Players will now be able to earn titles, which can be shown to other players. Use the Titles tab in the Hero panel to select a title for display. Only titles toward which you have made any progress will appear in the list.

Titles apply to a single character or a whole account, as appropriate. A player can display only one title at a time but may earn any number of titles. Many titles have multiple levels, with each new level indicating an increasingly difficult level of achievement.

Sample Titles:

• Canthan Explorer. You must explore 60% of Cantha to earn the first level of this title. (Character based.)
    • Skill Hunter. You must capture 90 Elite skills to earn the first level of this title. (Character based.)
    • Gladiator. You must have 25 win-streaks of 10 consecutive wins in the Random Arenas maps to earn the first level title. (Account based.)
    • Champion. You must win 50 high-rated GvG battles to earn the first level of title. (Account based.)

Also : I think the addition of the title could be added in the major content update imo

• Things to check:

green item nerfs

*The prenerf greens

First thing first the prenerf greens aren't a unified category, they result from many different updates along the years. There are 3 big categories:

1) Some greens were updated and all the existing one were retroactively changed : Rockmolder, Shiro Blade, Hassin's Shell etc.. As they don’t exist anymore, there is not really any point in listing the updates. For the people interested you can find the full list in the thread dedicated to the PN greens.

2) Some greens were the subject of individual updates and their prenerf version are still in the game :

- Wroth Holy Rod : already listed nothing to add here

- The Wayward wands : they were updated the 24th April 2008. The combo DF/heal, DF/prot, Domi/inspi Illu/inspi and SP/Resto were removed from the collector and 6 new wands with matching req and HSR were added : Heal, Prot, Inspi, Soul reaping, Fast cast and Energy Storage.

- Faith. This WoC staff initially dropped without its inherent HSR. It was most likely fixed during the 9 th February 2012 update (undocumented). This update also retroactively corrected another WoC green (Pheonix retribution) and it makes sense that faith was fixed as well. A comment on the wiki discussion page also states: Fixed by the looks of it, at least for new drops. Got one last night without the HSR (which still doesn't have it), and another one today with it.C0Zm1c 10:54, 10 February 2012 (UTC) »

- Stone herder flat bow. This one isn't really a prenerf but i will still include it here. The bow was added in the game file with all the other SF greens but it was bugged and started dropping only 18 months later, after the June 2007 update

3) And finally the greens that were affected by the color update and the HSR update :

The color update : On most of the green from Proph and Factions we can notice some difference in color between the current greens and the old greens. Most of the time the prenerf color is lighter/more vibrant and the current version is darker/duller.

Our best guess is that update happened during one of the small update preceding NF release. The 22th september 2006 update (NF world Preview event) is a very likely candidate.

The Staff HSR update : the 25th October 2006 all the existing green staves were updated and changed from a local 20% HSR to a global 20% HSR.

> Some of the low level staves : Sahan’s Staff and Ziinjuu's Sanctuarywere weren’t affected by the retroactive update (maybe Anet just forgot about them ?), the old staves still exist and still have their local HSR.
    > This update also had another unintentional effect : it changed the mod order of the affected staves. All the staves that were modded : Staff wrap -> Staff head were changed to be modded Staff head -> Staff wrap.

A note on the order of update :

The vast majority of prenref staves have both a prenerf color and prenerf stats but a small percentage of them (something like 5% or so) have prenerf stats but are using the current color. This show that the color update happened before the Staff HSR update. The fact this happen on a very small % of staff show that the 2 updates were relatively close in time.
    With our current timeline (color update during the NF preview and HSR update at the NF release) the interval would be about 1 month.

• [...] a small percentage of them (something like 5% or so) have prenerf stats but are using the current color.

how is that about the percentage: is it across all green staves that for any given individual greenie 5% are pre stat but post color? or is there specific ones that have such versions and that is 5% of the available green staves? I took it as the former but wanted to clarify ;)

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• how is that about the percentage: is it across all green staves that for any given individual greenie 5% are pre stat but post color? or is there specific ones that have such versions and that is 5% of the available green staves? I took it as the former but wanted to clarify ;)

Yep I could have been more specific on that point.

All the greens from Proph and Fact were affected by the color update. The green dropped before the update remained unchanged and the green that dropped after the update are using the "new dye system". The greens that were undyed/using the default color don't show any in game difference pre/post update, but all the other show some difference (usually prenerf is lighter and post nerf is darker).

All the green staves from Proph and Fact (except for the 2 low-level one already listed) were affected by the HSR update. The green dropped after the update are using the new global HSR but this update was also retroactive and it changed all the existing green staves. The side effect of that retroactive update is that the staves modded wrap->head got "bugged" and their mod order was changed to head->wrap.

For the green staves that use a non-default color and were modded wrap->head there are 3 version :

- Current version (new color, usual mod order)

- Usual prenerf version (old color, "bugged" mod order). It's the main version that we find around 90/95% of the time.

- Rare prenerf version (new color, "bugged" mod order). It's the rare version that we find around 5/10% of the time.