• Hey, yes these do drop max damage.

For plagueborn shield.. i know atleast q7s drop, there has been several q7/15 and q7/16 around.. But i dont see reason why one wouldnt drop, if u can drop it gold from low lever source that can drop q4-6 items = u can get it in q4-6, dont belive items have requirement caps just level caps where they drop from

I've heard anecdotally that tyrian sickles drop in max, but so far I've never found any actual proof that they do drop. Do you have one by chance, Pleikki?

:monster:

• Something about an old Axe which grants Damage +5 while Hexed/Enchanted/etc?

Source: https://archive.guildwarslegacy.com/04/04%20The%20…ot%20_.025.htmlBwsyUXc.png

maybe a prop quest reward, or collector or something?

• Well as the post mention low level quest reward and energy while hexed and while ench maybe it the one that was discussed here : RE: Capitalist’s Remains

It's part of many quest reward that were changed in late 2005/early 2006

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)

• Well as the post mention low level quest reward and energy while hexed and while ench maybe it the one that was discussed here : RE: Capitalist’s Remains

It's part of many quest reward that were changed in late 2005/early 2006

That makes sense, that's why I could not find info.

Like the Flame Spitter, this was not updated in the official wiki. And in this case, is not updated in the fandom wiki either.

The only update matching with this topic that I've found is this one (Update - Tuesday December 20, 2005) but it's not exactly correct (or at least it doesn't seem like it), so we cannot assure that it was changed in this update:

• Fixed a battle axe that was incorrectly allowing two axe grips to be attached.

Here says two grips, but that counts as an inscription, right? (although inscriptions were not invented in that time). I don't own any old weapon like that to try to change the mods, maybe Capitalist can confirm this using a Perfect Salvage Kit.

• Battle-Axe-8nrg-Guild-Wars.png

+8 energy Battle Axe.

Anyone know where it came from? I’ve never been able to track it down with certainty.

we did some serious digging and through GV matching and animal sacrifice, we determined:

We did some digging with Capitalist and turns out that the axe is most likely a nerfed quest reward from Urgent Warning

Re: the dual grip axe:

Back in the days the HoD axe had a +25hp inherent (so it could be modded +25hp +30hp)

If memory serves (BIG if), what made this broken is you could replace both grips with enchanting, so +20% +20%. This was amazing for 55 farming, but apparently bad for pvp… perma spell breaker and some other stuff made it a tiny bit broken.

20% enchant axe grips went through the roof as well.

Memory did not serve, I was thinking of the scavengers of ascalon reward. Thanks Spun Ducky

Edited once, last by Capitalist (October 24, 2021 at 10:47 PM).

• we did some serious digging and through GV matching and animal sacrifice, we determined:

Re: the dual grip axe:

If memory serves (BIG if), what made this broken is you could replace both grips with enchanting, so +20% +20%. This was amazing for 55 farming, but apparently bad for pvp… perma spell breaker and some other stuff made it a tiny bit broken.

20% enchant axe grips went through the roof as well.

You are thinking of the infamous "Scavengers of Ascalon" quest reward axe that could be modded to double 20% enchant. At the time there wasn't a way for permanent spell immunity solo except until that axe was discovered. It was also promptly nerfed as a reward and in all inventories. I remember it quite well because it let me ball up half of perdition rock and many other mobs that would shred a 55 monk normally.

• You are thinking of the infamous "Scavengers of Ascalon" quest reward axe that could be modded to double 20% enchant. At the time there wasn't a way for permanent spell immunity solo except until that axe was discovered. It was also promptly nerfed as a reward and in all inventories. I remember it quite well because it let me ball up half of perdition rock and many other mobs that would shred a 55 monk normally.

Thanks for the clarification. Do you remember what skin was the Battle Axe from Scavengers in Old Ascalon ? I'm going to update each article.

• Percentages do not add up
    if my keyboard lacks of keys, what about ur math notion from early school ...

I don't know what a game hardcoded mechanic has to do with what you said, but whatever XWyc3Ql.gif

I'm very well aware about how the % and stacking works today, but since there are no weapons with a double "Enchanting" upgrade like this one (with the exception of that staff 19/20 that I don't know if the picture is real or fake - EDIT: confirmed fake), and in addition of the nerf of this weapon (and others) plus the explanation that Spun has given (and HOW it has been explained), this is the conclusion that I have drawn from the writing, because in that time the Denravi Sword was still in the game, and the Totem Axe was not introduced until 2006, so why not using the Denravi Sword with an enchanting pommel instead?

Spun Ducky, please, if you can bring light to this. Perhaps (or not) maybe I have misunderstood the explanation you have given.

Edited 2 times, last by Ostona (November 2, 2021 at 6:00 AM).

• .... but since there are no weapons with a double "Enchanting" upgrade like this one (with the exception of that staff 19/20 that I don't know if the picture is real or fake),

I'm curious what's double enchanting staff are you talking about ?

I remember this one from an old PC thread : RE: OS BDS Dual chant staff? but imo it was an obvious photoshop (notice the weird spacing of the enchant mod)

• I'm curious what's double enchanting staff are you talking about ?

I remember this one from an old PC thread : RE: OS BDS Dual chant staff? but imo it was an obvious photoshop (notice the weird spacing of the enchant mod)

This one, yes, the BDS. For some reason I remembered 19—20%, now I see it says 20—15%, I never read the thread and I just took a quick look at the picture in its moment, my fault.

I'm reading now the thread and yes, it seems fake, the explanations given by Surge are logic and makes sense.

It was 20% of enchant length +20% of enchant length.

It was not 24% of enchant length.

That is why it was broken. And retroactively nerfed.

What I wrote in the wiki is that the sum of both 20% increased the time to +40% due stacking (as a bug or whatever, and also being this the reason of the removal), conducted by the lines: (...) that could be modded to double 20% enchant. (...) and "At the time there wasn't a way for permanent spell immunity solo except until that axe was discovered."

I mean, to put in context why I wrote that:

1. Sword Pommels (of Enchanting) as far as I know existed since the beginning of the game, so the Denravi Sword (which also existed since the beginning) could be modded with a 20% enchanting.

2. Spun said that "at the time there wasn't a way for permanent spell immunity" (until the discovering of this axe), so saying this I assumed that in this time a normal 20% enchanting was not enough to having a spell permanently active (Denravi Sword assumption discarded then), because many skills have changed over time and I never played the very beginnings of the game, so it could be that the duration of some skills at that time was much much less than it is today.

3. So regarding what I understood before, I assumed that this axe was a mistake by ArenaNet's part and the double 20% enchanting had an effect stacking, creating an unique 40% (and that this was the reason of the removal when they discovered it).

4. Hobo said "NO" to my point 3, so if this effect was not stacking like he says, then it means that it doesn't matter the double, triple or infinite enchanting, the effect of the axe was just a normal 20% like the Denravi Sword with a sword pommel.

So, it stacked or not???? xD

• my guess is that it worked like 40/40 wands and offhands, which arent 40/40 but someting like 38/38 since the mods do not stack...

But yeah idk really just guessing.. Well now more thinking of it nah i dont think it couldve stacked at all since its 1 and same weapon with the two mods.. idk xD

• lmao! I did not know the existence of this treasure :D :D :D :D :D :D

One of the many quest reward item with an unusual inherent mod that can be turned into a "duplicate mod" by adding an upgrade.

Some of my collection :

Display Spoiler

14753-modde-png

You can find them all there : https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Category:…eplicable_items

• lmao! I did not know the existence of this treasure :D :D :D :D :D

if i can remember good, u can take full max q3 bow collection from prop collectors, (and neomax q8) but thats my favorite, i would rlly like to know how these mods stack up, str 16 + this is tecnically more than the 50% in some arrows but now i fell like a noob for thinking this :p

One of the many quest reward item with an unusual inherent mod that can be turned into a "duplicate mod" by adding an upgrade.

Some of my collection :

Display Spoiler

14753-modde-png

You can find them all there : https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Category:…eplicable_items

ddnt know about battle axe vs undead, long vs dwarves looks nice too!

mi favorite is that dyable ascalon aegis (crude)

does exist a prenerf gold shield +10+10 instead of -2 -2 or similar?

• Ostona It stacked and behaved like 40%. Spun Ducky correct me if I am wrong.

If i remember right it stacked like the following with made up numbers for simple math.

Spell breaker base duration 10 seconds. Then blessed aura at 30% extension gives .3 * 10 = 3.

13 seconds total spell breaker now. Then first enchant mod .2 * 13 = 2.6 so we now have 15.6 total. Then finally second 20% enchant mod .2 * 15.6 = 3.12. So final duration would be 18.72 seconds before gw rounding up or down.

• Fenrir el Gris there is a thread about duo reduces here with all possible combs. All mods that can be there are :

-2wE - 2wS - 3wH - 5/20

Also in non max and prenerf versions like a -2wH on gold or - 3/10% mods

HP mods and armor mods never occurred in that double pattern.

IGN: Mr Clean Value

:!: Important: Please if i win an auction/or u want to sell me an item write me an PM so we can organize the Trade :!:

...................................................................( Thanks for understanding and appreciate the help <3 )......................................................................................................

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

WTB: x00g - Clean Value items - 360g Roundshield - 256g RAM-hammer - Waterwand with 20/20 Fire

• -2wE - 2wS - 3wH - 5/20

Not to cover old ground but if my historical reading was correct dual reduction shields always had a stance mod due to it being in a separate class to the rest at some point in development. You would never see a -2wE -3wH for example as these mods are were always in the same class.

Many variants exist - I have seen -1wE/S on these shields before as well as -2wH and the old -3(10%) and variants thereof.

• Fenrir el Gris indeed the only ones that appeared as "dual" are reduction mods and as Jonast correctly stated one of them was always the stance one. Apart from this flaw you can trust Mr. Clean(-Value) s statement ;)

Also happened on purples, so there is a wide range of all numerical combinations. But for categories there is just 3:

wS/wE

wS/wH

wS/chance

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• If i remember right it stacked like the following with made up numbers for simple math.

Spell breaker base duration 10 seconds. Then blessed aura at 30% extension gives .3 * 10 = 3.

13 seconds total spell breaker now. Then first enchant mod .2 * 13 = 2.6 so we now have 15.6 total. Then finally second 20% enchant mod .2 * 15.6 = 3.12. So final duration would be 18.72 seconds before gw rounding up or down.

Indeed that is how those stack. Also the order of application is irrelevant (which is called the commutation law of multiplication). Basically an "increase by n%" is a factor 100%+n% applied to the relevant value. For example 20% longer ench is factor 1.2 on ench duration. Same applies to reduction: "decrease of n%" means a factor of 100%-n%. For example if you have "I can see clearly now" and "rune of clarity" blind duration will be multiplied by 0.8*0.8=0.64 - which means a reduction of just 36%.

Then on those by chance mods the same applies. The so called 40/40 set is actually only a 32% chance to half casting and recharge times but there is also a 4% chance to have 1/4 casting and or recharge - which in summary makes it a bit worse than an actual 40/40 (such doesn't exist in gw) would be. Effectively an actual 38/38 would get you to the same average casting and recharge times.

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for the massive trip down memory lane. I've spent the past few days going through this thread and a couple others linked in it and about this part of the forum, and the nostalgia here is palpable and really quite awesome. I was never a huge collector, I kept items that were of interest to me and probably not valuable to many others but once in a while I did partake in the collecting and trading of valuable things. In my last year of playing I mostly spent my time acquiring silly things that had + vs ogres mods (the tldr is we used to do Droks runs wielding random things, often an Ogre Slaying Knife, the collection was an extension of the meme for me).

I still have my HoD sword, probably the only old school collectible on my account. Of course I put a +20% damage vs. ogres mod on it like 11 years ago.

Uhh to contribute to the thread .. I don't have anything to contribute tbh. I just wanted to give a big thank you to you all for your trip down memory lane. It's been a good 10 years since I played GW1 but I've thought about liquidating save a few select cherished items and playing through it again from start to finish and this thread is just solidifying the decision. 8o

• I think this is the commonly accepted theory?

1. Dropped under the same weird conditions as other eotn oddities i.e beta dungeon chests, which dropped purple insc crystallines allegedly. Gloom shields are listed to drop from various dungeons.

Buuuut this would be more fun!

2. A good deed in eotn spawns lvl 20 smites and lvl 24 coldfires. Not sure these can drop from smites but they are the right level for r8. What level are locked chests in eotn NM? I thought they would be 600g chests which would rule them out.

Hi, sorry for my english, the beta dungeon chest you mean end chest after boss or just locked chess. thanks

• I had always understood it to be end chests after bosses that dropped the weird stuff but admittedly a purple drop coming from a beta locked chest is much more logical. But I didn’t play eotn beta, so I don’t know. Perhaps one of our more esteemed posters can help us out.

• This is not the usual kind of comment here but also doesn’t deserve a thread I think. Does anyone have a confirmed drop(hopefully screenshot?) of a WiK mini in the last 5 years? Dorian/Isaiah specifically? They’re so rare that there is no data. I have seen speculation they may not even drop after some time in the early 2010s, and with the drop chance there is really no way to test it.

You can afk farm ''The Battle For Lions Arch''

• This is not the usual kind of comment here but also doesn’t deserve a thread I think. Does anyone have a confirmed drop(hopefully screenshot?) of a WiK mini in the last 5 years? Dorian/Isaiah specifically? They’re so rare that there is no data. I have seen speculation they may not even drop after some time in the early 2010s, and with the drop chance there is really no way to test it.

Had this guy drop from a firebrand a couple weeks back at the spot Peter Kadar recommended after 20-30 runs. Ironically, have yet to drop a Firebrand 🤷

Have moved on to white mantle, will let your know about the other minis when they drop.

• doing research on the content updates I found that caster crystas were possible drops from the HoH chest for at least 9 months - and not even a handfuk have emerged from that. But since Dwarven axe dropoed there just like the crysta... does a caster dwarven exist? (any req, os)

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• doing research on the content updates I found that caster crystas were possible drops from the HoH chest for at least 9 months - and not even a handfuk have emerged from that. But since Dwarven axe dropoed there just like the crysta... does a caster dwarven exist? (any req, os)

I could be mistaken but wasn't the +5e mod not available on OS items until a couple months after the release of Factions? The order for their availability would've been HoD sword > Rajazan's Fervor (factions release, april 2006) > Totem Axe (Prophecies, added in June 15th 2006 update > other OS items. Is this not the case? Is my timeline for the OS addition mixed up?

The availability for them would've been only a few months before Nightfall came out. The late release of that mod is the explanation for so few q7 +5e swords and q8 +5e prophecies swords.

Edit: That said, I've not seen or heard of any caster dwarven axes (or equivalent skins).

Edit 2: Saw your note in the other thread about the Jan 2017 HoH update. That would give it a few extra months past nightfall, but the main question for me is when the mod became available in the first place. If I knew at some point, I've forgotten.

IGN: Vengeful Was Unholy
    Discord: Unholy2295
    WTB Pre-nerf Greens -> Information
    My WTB Thread

• no question if it exists but what is/was/would have been the lowest possible gold sword with 15% DV?

In theory, gold items can drop as low as Q3, I wouldn't think there would be any reason other than extreme rarity that this couldn't still drop today.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.