New campaign for Guild Wars 1, we can make it happen if there is a will.

• Do you want another expansion for Guild Wars 1 and will you pay for it? 155

1. Yes (150) 97%
    2. No (5) 3%

Edited out lengthy explanations which are not needed. Regardless of the debate we are having here the fact remains that over 3K people have viewed this and there have only been a hundred or so votes. It speaks volumes. Maybe it is due to the fact that people have to register here in order to vote or comment and some just find it a hassle. I had the same issue within my own alliance in game where people support something like this, however they refused outright to make a account here. Some did some did not. Honestly, the pessimistic discussion that has developed here contributes towards people not wanting to register and vote. This was about gathering support and encouragement to take it to the next level but some people want to feel important and just make things difficult. Please if you want to discuss the details of how the updates need to be or different technical details make a separate post and do so.

This is about a expansion and not getting a few bugs fixed or updates.

Aloha!

I know it sounds like a far-fetched idea at the start but it may not be as difficult as it may seem. I am not sure if there is a another thread like this as I could not find any on searching, so I thought it is best to have one.

Many of us wonder why would Anet not work on a another campaign for Guild Wars 1 when there are so many players still playing and many people doing a back and forth between Guild Wars 2 and 1 like myself. The question in itself is very mysterious and intriguing. Is it about their pride to not make it look that GW 1 was better than GW2 in which they invested so much yet it could not reach the popularity compared to GW 1 or WoW.

Player retention rate is far higher for GW 1 compared to GW2. GW 1 is much simpler and easy to maintain compared to heavy GW2. Yes you can jump and do many unique things is GW2 but for some reason there is always something missing there. I bought all of GW2 expansions and played them and was surprised to see for example that with GW2 Heart of Thorns the new area was flooded with players in the first 2-3 months and it was truly a very fun and unique experience. But sooner than later the place became dead and became so hard to find a group or start a party. When we look at Deep,DOA, Underworld etc. in GW1 the story is quite different. These and many other areas remained active and full of players for years and even today you can find a group or a player willing to do them with ease.

So why? "The great question".

Why is ANET allowing the game to die away slowly or run a minimum level forever? It will take another 10 years for it to go completely dead, and to be honest I even doubt that given the low server costs and relentless and persistent players who will never quit it.

Anyone you talk to says GW1 is the best MMOs of all time or the best game they ever played. No one seems to give that kind of great weight to GW2.

Part of the answer to the above question is the finances and personnel needed for a new expansion. I feel for ANET it would not be a very big deal to come out with a serious plan to do that if they really wanted to. Maybe they need another petition or a strong and persistent push from players to keep thinking about it. It is possible, someone there just needs to wake up and look at the reality. Both GW1 and GW2 can be active together as most players will end up buying both and playing both.

I thought I will start a topic so that other players who would love to see another expansion for Guild Wars 1 can write their thoughts and feedback. If we talk about it, imagine it, hope for it and most important just keep asking for it, ANET may be left with no option but to make it.

Maybe someone from ANET could list the problems as to why the expansion is not possible or not happening. I would also like to know how much it will truly cost to produce another expansion. I am more than positive many people would fill the financial part by just purchasing pre-orders to fund it. There are so many other ways to finance it. I am just asking why there is a hesitation on this from ANET?

Regards.

Edited 36 times, last by E M P E R O R: updated (September 26, 2018 at 3:49 PM).

• First, it is a great idea and I would LOVE to see more content added to our beloved game. Second, I think it could be done....

however,

I think you hit the nail on the head with your financial reason, they just dont want to put money into the game, there is no one currently working on it (ok, a dev or two may take a few minutes for fixing issues and we have 2 currently doing work off the clock for the love of the game....). With the mechanics being something that basically no one left working for anet knows, you would have a train a bunch of people and yes that would cost money, and then there is the lack of their money making micro transactions. So financially it does not make sense to put any more effort into it since the payback would not be close to what they are making off off gw2.

And then we have gw2---if you add any content (like minipets, armor, heroes...) you would have to make them available for the HoM--which we have seen they havent even bothered to update with the options for Keiran (they say they have optional armor for him back a bunch of years ago!).

So yes, we would love to see new content (heck, just fixing the issues they left us with would be great--though no revenue would come of it) and most would pay to have new expansions; in the long run its just going to make enough money to be a move that anet would probably do.

• First, it is a great idea and I would LOVE to see more content added to our beloved game. Second, I think it could be done....

however,

I think you hit the nail on the head with your financial reason, they just dont want to put money into the game, there is no one currently working on it (ok, a dev or two may take a few minutes for fixing issues and we have 2 currently doing work off the clock for the love of the game....). With the mechanics being something that basically no one left working for anet knows, you would have a train a bunch of people and yes that would cost money, and then there is the lack of their money making micro transactions. So financially it does not make sense to put any more effort into it since the payback would not be close to what they are making off off gw2.

And then we have gw2---if you add any content (like minipets, armor, heroes...) you would have to make them available for the HoM--which we have seen they havent even bothered to update with the options for Keiran (they say they have optional armor for him back a bunch of years ago!).

So yes, we would love to see new content (heck, just fixing the issues they left us with would be great--though no revenue would come of it) and most would pay to have new expansions; in the long run its just going to make enough money to be a move that anet would probably do.

I think ANET could start making right now from guild wars if they reopen the in-game store they had previously. This time instead they could sell ectos if nothing else. Reason I mention this is that players have been buying and selling ectos/armbraces from the very early days. Bots continue to spam non-stop in Kamadan and are making thousands of dollars everyday. It is a hard fact. No matter how many gold seller bot accounts are banned, they come back in several hours. As this is a fact and new or returning players do need ectos to buy whatever they may need, why not just put them for sale yourself rather than a effort to regulate and ban accounts which is a futile and failed practice.

This would generate lots of revenue and be a safer options for players to buy ectos than from other players and Chinese sites where the potential of scams is so high.

Even if the bots lower prices it would still generate revenue for ANET and make it harder for the bots to sustain easily.

Like it or not people are still spending thousands of dollars to buy ectos/arms/pets/zkeys, you name it every single day.

Better ANET than non contributing Chinese bots.

Edited once, last by E M P E R O R (September 16, 2018 at 6:11 AM).

• It's a nice thought but it will never happen. The best we can hope for is a HD Remaster or something of the sorts.

Gaile has mentioned numerous times as well as Stephen that the tools for Guild Wars are incredibly difficult and outdated especially with so little of the original team left over. Gaile has even said that they cannot access loot tables at all because no one knows how to do it without breaking the game. That should speak volumes for the capabilities of the team at least regarding GW1.

Opening up the shop to sell in game currency is a terrible idea at such a late stage in the game. It's p2w or it's not and changing it now would completely ruin it. They could have sales on the in game store as plenty of players would look for discounted storage tabs or mercenaries, but to them it really isn't worth their time. Especially when so many things can go wrong and they don't have the manpower or know how to fix a very large portion of the game.

You would probably have more luck getting GWLP (private servers) working and making custom content for that then getting Anet focus any attention on GW1. Put together a team to remake in UE4 would also be an idea that would be easier especially since you can just rip textures using texmod.

You would think it's so easy to just take something from the game, rebrand it and release it as something new, but changing even the slightest thing can break the whole game wide open. If you have an item database that is 34 units large for example and you just simply want to add a new drop you might have to change what accesses that database (I.e. mobs, chests) and then their variables would change then whatever accesses that would change.

Tl;dr it won't happen, stop feeling sad and move on, or remake it in UE4 :P

• It's a nice thought but it will never happen. The best we can hope for is a HD Remaster or something of the sorts.

Tl;dr it won't happen, stop feeling sad and move on, or remake it in UE4 :P

1) Not sad at all:) but never say never. And for the remake, if they do not retain what players have (items/skills/levels etc) in the original. It will be a big flop. Then why not just play GW 2 argument.

2) But I would rather have a revenue source to them than the Chinese and individual players which they can invest in a expansion or whatever else. Still better than having bots in the game.

3) Does not matter who left the ANET team. Best wishes to them. New individuals can be hired. It is not the most difficult thing to do as you made it sound. Nothing in the digital world is too difficult for the right engineers. In my professional opinion only a team of 10 dedicated workers is needed and the rest of the work can be divided among the existing GW2 employees for additional incentives, benefits etc.etc.. I am more than sure many would want a bite from this piece on their resume. It is only a question of money and finance in the end and the great question.."will it be profitable?".

This is more about management than coding as it may appear to many. There is $$$ for ANET here to be made. Like I said it is about how they feel as a company deciding to make GW1 simultaneously with GW2. As that in a way indicates some sort of failure with GW2 which is a fact they would not like to admit easily.

• I would love to see new armor, weapons, and possibly new skills added to the game. I would happily pay for that type of expansion.

As for a new campaign? Eh...personally I don't yearn for one now. I find that I only play through a campaign a couple times. Once I find my sweet spots / comfort zones, I just grind the hell out of those areas forever. I'm a "lazy" player in that respect. Just give me new toys to earn or hunt for and I'm happy.

Lose a minion, make a minion.

• The time spent making an expansion can never be recouped in sales. That combined with the mentioned technical difficulties means it will never happen. Enjoy what we already have, and get with these small updates to the game.

I would love to see new armor, weapons, and possibly new skills added to the game. I would happily pay for that type of expansion.

As for a new campaign? Eh...personally I don't yearn for one now. I find that I only play through a campaign a couple times. Once I find my sweet spots / comfort zones, I just grind the hell out of those areas forever. I'm a "lazy" player in that respect. Just give me new toys to earn or hunt for and I'm happy.

This is more of a general reply, not necessarily to both your comments. :)

Nothing is easy, we can not just rely on the difficulties, that way Factions, Nightfall or EOTN would not have been made. Once they decide to do, people come in who can handle the difficulties. The questions is simple, do you want a expansion and will pay for it? YES. Then let us just collect the needed votes and I can put up a strong case with a defining argument.

I can see through this and I do not understand why we can not have a "Go Big or Go Home" attitude on this. A full expansion or a series of them, not just a few tweaks.

In my mind the thing is clear, I want a expansion and not just updates or a few things here and there. That is like caring for a sick person in hospice. I have been OK with that also, but definitely would like to try strongly. For that I need votes as the previous petitions failed due to lack of people voting or signing them. Ten thousand votes can make it happen. Previous petitions I could find only gathered two thousand. People just take it lightly and probably the leadership was not clear. You have to be clear on what you want. Updates are happening already but we are asking for more as everyone wants. Everyone want's it but when it comes down to seriously do something about it, we are making it a debate.

It is not for us to decide or comprehend the difficulties involved and speculate. We are not ANET. We can pay as we love this game and would like to see it alive and flourishing. Even though I can manage and direct this from start to finish just by myself. The question is only about the finance for it. If one has a zeal and insight into the matter supported by strong and relentless determination; we as humans can achieve anything. That is the attitude I keep in mind. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Better to try then just keep speculating about it.

I know it is a difficult task to accomplish, gathering votes is a first step.

If you want a expansion, just vote and write the good things you feel about the game. Such things never go unnoticed.

I just do not understand why 5 people who have told me nothing besides how much they love this game for the past 10 and specially the past 5 years start to speculate and debate "it is very difficult" , "it will never happen" , "they are busy with gw2" etc, etc. I swear if I heard talk like this in my company, I would fire the manager/employee right away.

One has to have a positive attitude first before even opening the question and problem bank.

Obviously, no offense to anyone is intended, and this is and will be a debate no matter what. We can either let someone who has a plan try it out or just keep sitting and let it die.

Choice is in your hands. Vote either way, but do vote and spread the word please.

Best :)

Please excuse any typos and passion induced unintended offense.

Edited once, last by E M P E R O R (September 10, 2018 at 6:46 PM).

• I would like to also point out that we know there are none of the people who created the original campaigns still working at anet. Do you really want to have an expansion made by the people who are doing gw2??????

So I would qualify my vote that if an expansion were to be made, it would need to be either by the folks who KNOW gw and in the same vein as the original ones or by folks willing to make it like those and NOT like gw2.

• My answer is yes.

I would preorder an expansion in a heartbeat.

This game has captivated me for 14ish years. I will be there on the day the servers are turned off (NEVAR!) and I will be there the day pre-orders for a new expansion open.

I don't know where this current effort will lead but if you love this game as I do (or in whatever way you do), I ask you to consider the following:

We have a determined, motivated, resourceful member of our community looking for simple support in an attempt to breathe new life into our beloved game. Give it to him freely. Don't worry about specifics or potential problems or what matters of opinion might arise down the road. Help give the decision-makers the simple information they need to consider the question at hand seriously.

I clicked on "yes" because that's my answer to the title question. At the end of the day, it's that simple.

• I would like to also point out that we know there are none of the people who created the original campaigns still working at anet. Do you really want to have an expansion made by the people who are doing gw2??????

So I would qualify my vote that if an expansion were to be made, it would need to be either by the folks who KNOW gw and in the same vein as the original ones or by folks willing to make it like those and NOT like gw2.

This is a good question to ask. Like I said, the aim is to get an expansion in working order where everything is stable and players retain what they have with lots of new activities, quests, items, skills and so on. There is no question otherwise. This is a professional large scale endeavour and not fan based new custom content we are talking about.

100% agree on the point that it has to be folks willing to make it like the original by working on it, learning about it etc. May it be the old people who want to come back or better and more likely new one's who have more passion and new imagination.

These are all technical details that will be worked out once the idea is seriously embedded and taken beyond contemplating stage.

There are a thousand questions and a thousand problems. That is not how this works. This is a business which has to be profitable and sustainable the problems are solved as they come one by one.

Right now the important question is to make ANET hear our request seriously and some one present them them the whole idea with a defining argument and convince them beyond doubt that it is the best thing to do. Someone with zeal, exuberance, acumen, vision, insight and ingenuity has to show it to them. I will do it, but as a part of the plan I need the votes.

I have more armbraces than the number of votes I seek, and I could offer a arm for a vote. That is not the point. It has to be genuine votes with valid debating arguments. This builds the base for a strong image of presenting a idea that no one can refuse.

I do not think, based on a few DEV's who are end user interaction points describing it to be a very difficult thing in the digital world to accomplish. Let me tell you it is not. All coding and everything related is owned by the parent company. New engineers exposed to it can learn and improve on it in no time (weeks to months). Some old DEVs who are willing and want to participate can come in for advice and support. DEVs can support the idea or be against it, but they are not the people we need to be talking about this, be it as important they may be to the project. This is a hard fact which I know.

Obviously, I do not have to spell out my love and respect to all the DEVs who have ever worked on this game. Thier work is so appreciated that someone like me is here trying to keep their work alive. I do not see they disagreeing with this however hard it may be. Emotions aside, again as a reminder we need to understand this is a business and has many parameters attached to it.

Do not be hell bent on the idea if a DEV told you that "it is so complex", "it is so difficult" , "the engine is complex", "the code is vastly complicated" and "a HD remake will be easier" etc. These kind of comments to me demonstrate a urge in the person to show superiority of a task which they feel they own and want other's to believe that without them it is impossible. In-fact I would want new artists and engineers to make new and unique content. Why would we want another Nightfall or Factions? We already have it.

I think I do not want to present the case to anyone right now. Right now all is needed is support and any kind of financial, technical and logistical questions are to early to be discussed. I just wrote a few things here and there to show how serious and determined I am about this.

Our major issue here is convincing them that making something again related to GW 1 is not a insult to GW2 and that both the models can work simultaneously and be profitable. Everyone goes happy and richer model.

If folks want it to happen, I will give it one serious, determined shot. I know how and willing to do it ,is all I can say.

Support is what is needed as of now so we can genuinely strain.

Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.

Edited once, last by E M P E R O R: typos corrected (September 10, 2018 at 7:35 PM).

• Kabong , thank you for the support.

• I'm 100% all for Guild Wars 1 Expansions/Updates.

Good to see you on board, Reborn

I will encourage the members of my guild to look at this thread and consider the question it poses by making a guild announcement about it.

My guild, however, is small. Criteria for admission include being a living legend, demonstrating extraordinary character and potential for becoming one and the abilities to 1)craft a rocking chair from your preferred weapon 2) distill your own spirits from dragon tears and 3) roll your own cigars from parchment and iboga leaves.

If leaders of larger, more-inclusive guilds such as your own would take a similar small step it may help gather support more quickly.

Just a thought. A simple, quick, easy, potentially-effectice way to give and gather support.

• It's actually mostly done. There was an EOTN - style expansion for Nightfall that was fairly far down the production pipeline that got it's development team pulled over to GW2, so the code is there, I'm certain they were working on balance and the like, possibly some story writing and content expansion.

-Hal Hel Ul Leader: Draconus Reincarnatus [DRGN]

Sales Character: Ubiquity Abrantac

Indiana. Restaurant Consultant. Local Business Owner.

Dreams are the unfinished battles

• I of course voted yes, but you are aware legacy only has less then 3,000 members? It really is not a huge number to try and get new content made. I think it would be better to post over on the reddit to get bill and Stephen tagged in and see if they can comment on if we can actually do anything. Maybe an early access pre order model or they can release some server files for us to mod and have a contest of sorts.

As Kabong said Guild Wars has been a big part of my life as well for the past 14 years, and I am all for new content. I would give anything for it. However I am also a realist and hesitant to say that anything can be accomplished for a game made to appeal to millions (see peak users for Guild Wars 1) when the player base is most likely barely in the tens of thousands.

• Im on board with kairi, id love a new expansion and im sure the creative staff of Anet would love to be of any help.

However i think that the marketing perspective of Anet wont go onboard with this because it simply wont pay off for them to invest so much time money and staff for the little return they get from it.

GW only had around 5-15% of its playerbase ''actively'' playing.

So if it happens it will only be a gesture of good will and not for monetairy reasons.

Hence for that reasons i doubt it will ever happen.

I think we should be grateful enough of them to let GW1 be ran on GW2 servers.

I doubt that GW1 will even generate enough revenue on its own to even pay for the server costs by itself.

If you'll be content with putting water with wine, the glass will always be half full.

• Why ten thousand? What happens at ten thousand votes?

This is not about they doing it for fans. Even though this number looks big, it is still small for it to be a great profitable adventure for them. However, 10k signatures of people willing to spend 40-50 bucks for a new expansion can be a reflection that can be used to portray the out come by using different financial models and give weight to the cause. This is just a start on legacy to get ~500-1k votes and some discussion and debate before we put it up on other platforms like Reddit

The most important thing about this is, numbers turning into $$$$$ for them and a expansion for us.

• Do not have a doubt when you play it day in day out like many of us. If it is done properly, there is more than enough revenue to be made here. The question only remains whether someone can convince them with a serious model where both GW1 and GW2 can run simultaneously and be profitable and successful. If someone can show them that it is possible, I think they will consider it at the very least. These are all the details that have to be discussed with the right people and not necessarily the developer. I have made myself clear on this, the higher executive group needs to be reached and a case be put for them to see and consider the outcome we want. There is no point by taking this to them with no substantial support or artificially generated support.

• I of course voted yes, but you are aware legacy only has less then 3,000 members? It really is not a huge number to try and get new content made. I think it would be better to post over on the reddit to get bill and Stephen tagged in and see if they can comment on if we can actually do anything. Maybe an early access pre order model or they can release some server files for us to mod and have a contest of sorts.

As Kabong said Guild Wars has been a big part of my life as well for the past 14 years, and I am all for new content. I would give anything for it. However I am also a realist and hesitant to say that anything can be accomplished for a game made to appeal to millions (see peak users for Guild Wars 1) when the player base is most likely barely in the tens of thousands.

Thank you for your comments. Yes I am well aware that legacy has limited amount of votes we can acquire. I have already mentioned that this will go to Reddit and other platforms. Idea is to get some debate going slowly but effectively here before we move on to the general grounds. I am hoping to get 500-1000 votes here and some positive debate along with it to create the vibe that we need for this to succeed.

Honestly, I tried to put the idea up in my own ally and their is surprisingly a lot of pessimists who quickly join in to negate the idea for whatever reason. This would be even more worse on general social media, so it is better for all of those who really love this game and want a expansion to get on board here first, vote and make some comments so this starts as a positive en-devour. It is way more difficult than it looks.

Edited 2 times, last by E M P E R O R (September 12, 2018 at 4:51 PM).

• As I see it, without this effort maybe the chance is 1%. With it, maybe we get to 2%, 10% or even 15%, but with this effort at the very least we can double our chances. And what is the cost? Discussion? Truly minimal. Well done!

-Hal Hel Ul Leader: Draconus Reincarnatus [DRGN]

Sales Character: Ubiquity Abrantac

Indiana. Restaurant Consultant. Local Business Owner.

Dreams are the unfinished battles

• Voted yes but knowing how they've repeatedly told us that there's no one left to work on this game, I'm not going to hold my breath.

That is true, that is why we have to approach it in a new way, where it can be established that hiring new people with the support of old Dev's (if they want) it is in everyone's best interests.

I have stressed this enough already, they do not need the old DEV's absolutely to make this happen. Anyone smart code engineer can learn it but for all that to happen it has to be a profitable business model which make's sense. That is all what this petition is going to be about, addressing those concerns and showing of the light. Hard but certainly possible if done in the right way.

• voted yes,

this is the only game that made me had NO LIFE for almost 2 years (over 6k hours) it was 2007-2008.

Abit dissapointed when they turned down asian servers, somany friends got +500ms ping, no can do vs EUd and Ad.

Ragequit when they delayed GW2.

but... aside from above, i still love the story, the scenery also the community.

no other game has so said "complete" wiki with somany "wow now iknow" etc.

to sad watching the game slowly die. hope they go with new expansion or campaign for GW.

Thx

• I voted yes. Would love to see an expansion. However, realistically the only way it would happen is for Anet to subcontract the work out to a studio and have player input into what was wanted, and most importantly, set a budget and then Crowdfund it.

I wonder how much could be raised and how much a decent expansion would cost.

Maybe rather than a full blown expansion, they could add themed dungeons into the areas that have none- some of which would require you to only use skills available from that campaign (no EOTN skills, for instance, in Kryta dungeon).

Dungeons like this would be a lot easier to design and implement as well as a lot cheaper than a full blown 'expansion' which I don't think would ever happen.

• I voted yes. Would love to see an expansion. However, realistically the only way it would happen is for Anet to subcontract the work out to a studio and have player input into what was wanted, and most importantly, set a budget and then Crowdfund it.

I wonder how much could be raised and how much a decent expansion would cost.

Maybe rather than a full blown expansion, they could add themed dungeons into the areas that have none- some of which would require you to only use skills available from that campaign (no EOTN skills, for instance, in Kryta dungeon).

Dungeons like this would be a lot easier to design and implement as well as a lot cheaper than a full blown 'expansion' which I don't think would ever happen.

Nice comments. I thought about making the demand smaller for something like WiK but after months of research I concluded that the cost to make a expansion verses a smaller update like dungeons or another WiK type of story is minimal or nothing.

It is best to stick to a proposal of a full expansion and see how it goes. We can settle for whatever we achieve in the end. The more support we gather the bigger the result is going to be as it is more a question of financial mathematics than anything else.

Your input is much appreciated.

• I would gladly spend money to see a new expansion to GW1. Been playing the game for more than a decade and I still absolutely love it. I doubt I'll stop playing until the servers are shut down to be quite honest. The thought of new armor, weapons, skills, questlines, rare items, and heroes in GW1 is so exciting!

Like others have said, I would also preorder the expansion in a heartbeat.

• I would absolutely be willing to purchase another expansion to GW1. I have been playing GW1 and GW2 since they first came out. I started playing GW2 during the Beta testing when they would open it for one weekend a month during that summer. At first I thought it was neat having a more immersive feel with open world and all that, but I quickly felt it was missing something. I played it for a while, trying to enjoy it as I got higher level characters and better gear and all that, but never really liked it as much as GW1. Now I don't play GW2 at all. I have completely lost interest in it and have resumed playing GW1 again.

Even stuff as little as the skill selection is annoying to me. It bothers me that every class has so little control over your build. I know you have 10 skill slots, but your first 5 are determined for you, 6 is ALWAYS some sort of heal, and 10 is some ELITE, most of which pretty much suck or are pretty much as good as normal skill. That leaves you with the option of only deciding 3 skills for yourself. I am also frustrated that they took away so many professions and tried to lump them together. To be honest, GW2 is not Guild Wars at all. Yeah it follows the same lore and is set in Tyria, but it is a brand new game and coming from years of GW1 I cannot stand it. Maybe GW1 needs an overhaul to compete with modern day MMOs and all that, but GW2 was a miss for me.

• Quests are relatively easy to make, dungeons pretty easy.

An expansion would take way too many resources and is way too complicated - you need to balance any new skills against current ones, design entire maps, mobs, check all the maps, etc. We're talking millions and millions of dollars and at least a year with an entire team.

New armor, weapon skins, quest lines, rare items and heroes would be a lot easier and therefore much more likely to happen.

Would be interesting to see how much could be raised, which would give you some leverage. Words won't get things done, but money talks.

• If they make a Kickstarter, I will be the first to put my money on it.

An expansion is too big to make (lore, level design and quests) but new dungeons will be not that hard to implement in the game.

Nice idea this thread :)

Thank you for your comments. I would do the same in a heartbeat as well.

On the expansion being to big to make. In my experience either go big or go home. The reason I mention this is because any kind of expansion will require more or less the same amount of core team of individuals. It is going to be more productive and profitable for them to do a full expansion rather than some new small content for the sake of hard core fans like us. It is also better for us as a GW1 community to be honest. So lets push for it and be happy with whatever we get if anything. We can try on last time seriously. First and last time for me at-least :) .

• Quests are relatively easy to make, dungeons pretty easy.

An expansion would take way too many resources and is way too complicated - you need to balance any new skills against current ones, design entire maps, mobs, check all the maps, etc. We're talking millions and millions of dollars and at least a year with an entire team.

New armor, weapon skins, quest lines, rare items and heroes would be a lot easier and therefore much more likely to happen.

Would be interesting to see how much could be raised, which would give you some leverage. Words won't get things done, but money talks.

Thanks you also for the comments. Good points.

To be honest, if the coders at the end of the day feel that adding skills makes things difficult and complicated, it could be a expansion of everything but skills as those can truly be complicated to adjust.

I share the same mind with you that adding new areas and non interactive aspects is far less complicated than it is made to believe.

Thanks again for your support and input.

• I would absolutely be willing to purchase another expansion to GW1. I have been playing GW1 and GW2 since they first came out. I started playing GW2 during the Beta testing when they would open it for one weekend a month during that summer. At first I thought it was neat having a more immersive feel with open world and all that, but I quickly felt it was missing something. I played it for a while, trying to enjoy it as I got higher level characters and better gear and all that, but never really liked it as much as GW1. Now I don't play GW2 at all. I have completely lost interest in it and have resumed playing GW1 again.

Even stuff as little as the skill selection is annoying to me. It bothers me that every class has so little control over your build. I know you have 10 skill slots, but your first 5 are determined for you, 6 is ALWAYS some sort of heal, and 10 is some ELITE, most of which pretty much suck or are pretty much as good as normal skill. That leaves you with the option of only deciding 3 skills for yourself. I am also frustrated that they took away so many professions and tried to lump them together. To be honest, GW2 is not Guild Wars at all. Yeah it follows the same lore and is set in Tyria, but it is a brand new game and coming from years of GW1 I cannot stand it. Maybe GW1 needs an overhaul to compete with modern day MMOs and all that, but GW2 was a miss for me.

I could not agree more with you, even though I still play GW2 but way less than I play GW1. Sometimes more simpler things (GW1) are more complete than more complicated things (GW2) for unknown reasons.