Valuable Skins, Mods, and GW Drops Guide

• Official Post

Hello,

For some time now I've been trying to work on a guide for players to know what to do with drops that they get in-game. The idea being to help players identify what drops are worth keeping/selling and where it isn't worth bothering. Most of the logic will be well known to seasoned players of the game so I'm hoping to get some of your input. It isn't meant to replace anything or answer every question regarding items, it's just a reference.

Here is a link to the Guide, it allows you to add comments to the file or please just comment in this thread:

GW Drops Guide

I have started a list of the Valuable Skins and would like help to complete this.

I would also like to finalise the list of Desirable Weapon Mods that it worth keeping/selling.

Keep in mind that this guide is aimed at new players but should also be realistic in terms of things that are guaranteed/quick to sell at a profit > merch rather than really detailed.

If you follow the guide it will say that if one get's an item and they're not sure to ask/get price check: For example any non-inscribable item with perfect stats.

Valuable Skins

Weapon TypeSkin/Stats (If it is inscribable then will vary in price q9-q13, if it is non-inscribable it should have max stats)
    AxeChaos, Eaglecrest
    BowEternal, Dryad, Silverwing, Storm
    DaggersDemon Fangs, Storm
    FocusNon-Inscribable: Paper Fan, Plageborn, Pronged Fan, Straw Effigy
    Inscribable: Celestial Compass
    HammerColossal Pick
    Scythe(req9/10) Bonecage, Clockwork, Insectoid, Tentacle
    Shield/AegisNon-Inscribable: All skins with max dual mod
    Inscribable: Amethyst, Demonic, Draconic, Eternal
    Shields with vs Demonsreq9-13 Tactics
    +40-45 wEnch (I think lower vs demon value is also okay with this mod, so something like +9 is also worth something)
    +30 HP (maybe not for all skins)
    Maybe also -2 wEnch
    q9-13 Strength
    SpearDemoncrest, Voltaic
    StaffNon-Inscribable: Bo, Dragon, Ghostly, Outcast, Raven,
    Inscribable: Bone Dragon
    SwordNon-Inscribable: Crystaline, Oni Blade, Shinobi Blade
    Inscribable: Crystaline, Emerald Blade, Eternal Blade, Obsidian Edge
    Wand/ScepterNon-Inscribable: Platinum, Zodiac, Wayward
    Inscribable: Frog, Topaz
    Weapon TypeSpecial Mention for Low Requirement Weapons (Inscribable Only)
    DaggersNon-Inscribable; req5/6 with +14/15 while Enchanted
    Inscribable: req5/6
    Scythereq0 8-15/16/17
    Shieldreq8 16AL, req7 15AL
    Spearreq0 8-12

Desirable Weapon Mods

Aptitude Not Attitude
    Forget Me Not
    Live For Today
    Like A Rolling Stone
    Shield Handle of Devotion

Some past threads regarding skins:

A thread had been started in past but no one posted any replies. Suggestion about which skins are still valuable

This thread had a few suggestions regarding the Zaishen Chest, but my requet is much broader. Which Zaishen Chest skins are worth trying to sell?

Appreciate any feedback and help. If you disagree with anything please help me refine it.

Thank you.

• Official Post

Here are some more scythe skins I can think of (worth in Q9/10): insectoid, tentacle, bonecage

And bows: dryad, silverwing

PS: the link to your guide isn't working for me

Link updated! Thank you. I'll add those skins too. Don't how how I missed those bows. Oops.

• Focus (non-insc) - Paper Lantern and Jug. Pronged Fan doesn't drop non-insc. Is there demand for insc Pronged? Primary attributes and Inspiration, so maybe not? Not sure.

Scythe: Dhuum's

Spear: Demoncrest. Maybe Draconic? If so, likely q9 only. Serrated and Greater Guardian also used to sell easily in q9, not sure about now. Voltaics might be the only thing selling.

Staff: (non-insc) Platinum, even with the rampant botting. Also, 20/20 Twin Dragon Jeweled Staves (prob just q9 and maybe 10). The insc version of these used to sell as well, not sure if there's still a market.

Sword: (non-insc) Katana and Broadsword q9 15^50 or +5en. These also used to be a quick sale in q9 insc, not sure about the market now.

Wand: (non-insc) Some of the other Canthan universal ones - Celestial, Jellyfish, Koi.

Low-req shields - pretty sure there's still a market for Tactics 14/6 insc and maybe 13/5. Any PvP'ers confirm?

Any non-insc stuff will obviously be sort of hard to detail, since 90% (or more, regardless of skin) is vendor material. Maybe it would be better to instead detail the desirable mods for each category for these? Or in the case of martial weapons, in addition to the skins (some skins are hard sales even in q9 15^50 or +5en).

Nice project!

• Non-inscribable Eyeball skin Flame Artifact

Also should be noted that the desirability of most caster items is more dependent on stats than skin., imo, compared to martial weapons which are heavily dependent on skin. Always a balancing act though and always exceptions to every rule..

• While I don't know what is a desirable skin and what isn't; I can perhaps add the start of a side note to the bottom of the guide.

Jormungand's Thunder is valuable to a collector of Green Items due in large part to the erratic appearance of the Boss Jormungand.

Additional Green Items with above average value: Tanzit's Defender, Dhuum's Scythe, …….