Info and research on prenerf greens (updated 13 February)

• Thanks a lot Unholy, I added Brohn and Gorrel to the list. We now have a total of 28 confirmed prenerf greens

Those 2 staves also disprove my previous theory.

I thought that the different mod order came from the 25th october 2006 update that changed 20% attribute specific HSR to a 20% global HSR. But those 2 staves... don't have an HSR, were never affected by that update and still have a different mod order !

I also did some digging on the german wiki and was able to find this. It's screenshot of a Brohn's staff with the current mod order that was uploaded to the wiki on the 23th August 2006 !

• Good catch on the upload date of the current version Oldschool Cool

The Brohn's/Gorrel's I've got have been around a hot minute then. Are you thinking other HSR prenerfs are from earlier as well now?

Also, something that came to mind recently...forgotten fans. Once upon a time, I remember hearing/reading that there were two different colors. I want to say I used to own a version of each, but if I did, that was many years ago. I don't know if the mod order was different from one color to another, but it was like a lighter or darker version of the previous color.

The English wiki images would suggest that was the case as well, but could just be different lighting idk.

Not sure if there were ever varying colors to the frozen and tattered fans, but I think frozen fans/icebreakers were added with the same update as forgotten fans/totem axes, so could be?

• I don't know why the English Wiki (official and unofficial, both) doesn't have screenshots of the description of green items in the pages of each one like the German Wiki, I always thought that for unique items this would be helpful

Maybe it's time to add them? I've been updating the wiki with high resolution images since a few months ago but I never added screenshots of the description for unique items because I didn't know if it was allowed, I'm going to ask if we can do it like in the German Wiki and if they give permission I will start doing it as secondary task.

Regarding the color of the Paper Fan Unholy, when I started updating the wiki I saw 2 with yellow/brown color, The People's Will and The Windcatcher, I don't know if you mean this.

In any case, this color is because the pictures were taken with the sunlight environment of Kryta:

(If this is not what you say, then no idea.)

• Shit, my mistake, I don't know how to read anymore it seems

I don't have any of those to check it for myself, I tried to farm them time ago but the drop rate was so shit that I ended up getting tired.

I think the main picture of the article has been taken in the seashore at the end of Great Temple of Balthazar, if someone has the fan, go and see it, rotating the character 360º facing the sun to see the color variations.

The Brohn's/Gorrel's I've got have been around a hot minute then. Are you thinking other HSR prenerfs are from earlier as well now?

Who knows at this point ? Maybe different green were changed at different time, maybe both version dropped during a certain time frame ?

Praise Also suggested that maybe the introduction of new green (like the TopK) had an influence on the old green.

Also, something that came to mind recently...forgotten fans. Once upon a time, I remember hearing/reading that there were two different colors. I want to say I used to own a version of each, but if I did, that was many years ago. I don't know if the mod order was different from one color to another, but it was like a lighter or darker version of the previous color.

The English wiki images would suggest that was the case as well, but could just be different lighting idk.

Hum that's an interesting one. Yeah the image on the wiki seems to suggest 2 different color (you can also see it here) and that would fit the pattern with the current version being way darker than the prenerf one. I will add it to the list of possible prenerf !

Not sure if there were ever varying colors to the frozen and tattered fans, but I think frozen fans/icebreakers were added with the same update as forgotten fans/totem axes, so could be?

Maybe for the frozen fan but the difference is less obvious on the wiki image (here). As for the martial weapon there are very few color change, especially when they have a basic color like the totem axe or the icebreaker.

Maybe it's time to add them? I've been updating the wiki with high resolution images since a few months ago but I never added screenshots of the description for unique items because I didn't know if it was allowed, I'm going to ask if we can do it like in the German Wiki and if they give permission I will start doing it as secondary task.

That would be an amazing idea. I have quite a few green in my collection PM me if you need some screenshots.

• So, if you look at the first image uploaded for the forgotten fan on the unofficial wiki, dated 1 day after they were added to the game, the icon looks bright red. original icon

I don't have a forgotten fan on me atm, but I'm pretty sure the current one at least has a darker icon. If anyone can compare it to the one in that screenshot, that should give us our answer.

• unknown.png

unknown.png

Thats all i can help on the Fan topic

IGN: Mr Clean Value

Link ➡️ Check out my brand new Twitch-Channel ⬅️ 03.03. (WEDNESDAY) STREAM : GvG-Scrim with Toxic Crew ( at ~21:00 Berlin Time)

Content = Farms - Story Playthru with Lynn - communityruns - generell GW-FUN

- Thanks to all Viewers, Followers and my Subscribers - ^^

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

WTB: x00g - Clean Value items - 360g Roundshield - 256g RAM-hammer - Waterwand with 20/20 Fire

• Thanks Mr. Clean(-Value)

Now we have to see if we find the old version somewhere. The screenshot posted by Unholy from the unofficial wiki looks legit at least. I can try to find the texture inside the Gw.dat with the 3D Ripper DX, but I don't have the program installed currently.

About the description screenshots Oldschool Cool, I already left the message in the discussion thread in the wiki, let's see what they say, I appreciate your help, thank you.

• Oldschool Cool

Changed the title of the thread from “Info and research on prenerf greens (updated 15 th January)” to “Info and research on prenerf greens (updated 17 th January)”.
  • Oldschool Cool

Changed the title of the thread from “Info and research on prenerf greens (updated 17 th January)” to “Info and research on prenerf greens (updated 21 th January)”.
  • After talking with Oldschool Cool this morning, we came upon a few new discoveries. Ogre-slaying knives, among other potential items, have a prenerf version. We each had one of a different color, so I went out to farm a new one to compare. Turns out I had a prenerf from long ago tucked away. We also both confirmed that forgotten fans do indeed have two colors, and the icons are visibly different for each (I'll let him post those as he got his first :P )

As for the ogre knives, once again fits the pattern of postnerfs being darker.

Ogre-slaying Knife Pre&Postnerf.png

• Oldschool Cool

Changed the title of the thread from “Info and research on prenerf greens (updated 21 th January)” to “Info and research on prenerf greens (big update 23 January)”.
  • Time to do a big update.

Update to the presentation :

* For the confirmed green : Added a new column called IG, to differentiate between the item that have been confirmed In Game (IG) or confirmed based on screenshot alone.

* For the potential green : Added a new column called Confidence, to indicate the chance that a prenerf green does exist

New confirmed prenerf green :

* Stoneweaver. The green was already confirmed based on German screenshot but thanks to Unholy we were able to confirm it in game and see the color difference. The German picture were replaced by Unholy pictures.

* Ogre Slaying Knife. Confirmed thanks to Unholy.

* Forgotten Fan. I was able to find a prenerf one in game, the item has been moved from potential to confirmed. Different inventory icon and different in game model (sceenshot below)

* Vera. Color change confirmed by Unholy. Even if the difference isn’t very obvious on the picture it does exist. It’s easier to see it while switching between the two versions in game.

* Arius’Sai. New one that I just found. The current in game version is different from the german wiki screenshots. This item is the first confirmed prenerf martial with a different mod order !

New potential prenerf greens.

In light of the recent new additions I have double checked all the prophecies martial weapons, wands and focus, comparing their screenshot between the 3 wiki (official/unofficial/german) and 2 old french fan site.

The very tedious work wasn’t for nothing and I was able to identify more than 10 new potential prenerf greens. Here are the most interesting one :

* Shreader's Talons (extremely likely, the german wiki even mention that there exist one with a different color).

* Razorfang's Claws (very likely based on the screenshots), skin similar to Chkkr and Shreader

* The Soulstone

* The Stonehart

* The Brimstone

* Rago's Flame Wand

New patterns :

All those new additions gave us a better understanding of the different prenerf green patterns :

* The addition of Arius’Sai is opening a whole new category. It’s the very first confirmed prenerf martial (dagger) with a different mod order.

* The addition of the ogre slaying knofe and the forgotten fan show that all the focus that aren’t using the default could potentially have a prenerf version with a different color.

* The addition of Vera (confirmed) and Shreader's Talons (potential) show that all the martial weapons that aren’t using the default color could potentially have a prenerf version with a different color.

* The pre-nerf=lighter and post-nerf=darker rule hold true for the vast majority of the greens (Vera is the small exception).

* By looking at some very old screenshot (early 2006) we were able to find some 2 greens with different inventory icons (Ogre slaying knofe and Flint Artifact). The current icon are the regular undyed icon of their associated skin (grim cesta and water artifact respectively) while the old one were closer to the color of their in game model.

Last but not least, I would like to thanks all the people that have contributed to this thread, keep on the good work !

• Oldschool Cool

Changed the title of the thread from “Info and research on prenerf greens (big update 23 January)” to “Info and research on prenerf greens (updated 26 January)”.
  • Ostona I added Snapjaw and Bizzr to the potentiel prenerf list. I also farmed Bizzr my self and I can confrim that it's the version you have.

Unholy I have added Lians to the confirmed list.

Aslo 2 new confirmed prenerf that I was able to find :

* The time eater

*Strongroot's Shelter. This one is interesting, it's the first confirmed shield with a different color and a different inventory icon. And it doesn't fit the pattern as the prenerf version has a darker/deeper color.