Museum posting and customization

• the collector probably didn't farm himself these items. He or she just bought them. Its just a selfish move to customize them.

a metaphor in real life : you buy a beautiful painting that is unique and you put your signature on it. It ruins the masterpiece in addition to the fact that you did not paint it. Its same for that, you put names on items that you didn't farm yourself. so sad and so shameless. It ruins the beauty and the purity of the item and consequently the beauty and the purity of this game.

If you don't like it, that's your choice. To make such a stupid parallel, no.

Customizing weapons in GW has nothing to do with tagging a master cloth IRL. Already for some weapons, it adds 20% damage which can be a major power asset. For my part i customize my precious weapons on my main, because even in case of hack and even if they are destroyed, the hacker will not be able to recover them. They are also weapons that i would keep forever, as a definitive one.

In short, everyone has their own thing, but stop giving examples that have nothing to do with it.

• i sold 2-3 prenerf/rare weapons at this player. But honestly, if i saw his collection back in a days and if i thought that he/she will custom some of them, i won't sell my previous items at him/her. I would much rather keep or sell my items to someone who wants to have a profit rather than someone who custom... Probably +95% of his collection was bought and not looted. Honestly, i really think that this player kill the beauty of this game in all sense of collection (contemplation, pleasure to trade, economy...). Its just a selfish move. This is just sad and shameless. I could have a certain admiration for this collection but, i have more digusting feelings to be honest. I know this is just a game but, for me, this player is just a custom criminal... We all know that guild wars is a special game for collectibles items/pets.

Edited 3 times, last by mimironi (August 25, 2022 at 5:34 PM).

• As soon as you sell an item in game, you accept that the player can do whatever he wants with it, it does not belong to you anymore.

Otherwise what? You want an FBI profile, to make sure it's not a ******* IRL? Or worse, maybe IRL he's tagging masterpieces, the deceiver! Damn I sold some stuff to a *******!

I'll stop here, i don't want to pollute this topic any more than that and give you the change, Pleikki's screenshots will make me feel much better.

• imagine if all the collectors did that, would you be happy to have 0 market to buy collectible os items besides that it takes away all the beauty of the items ? Probably not. I dont talk about custom 1 or 2 extremely sentimental rare weapons. I can understand. It's ok to custom the basic os Q9 weapons and all the common ones. I am not the only one to think that its just trash and disgusting as fuck to custom weapons like this. And i am pretty sure, more than 50% of the collectors feels the same. This section is not only the representation of all the existing collectors. From what I understand, this player is known in the community. Maybe I'm taking a risk saying that openly but I dont care, I'm not a friend with this player. I'm just expressing a really sincere feeling about ruining this game in term of beauty.

Edited once, last by mimironi (August 26, 2022 at 11:14 AM).

• imagine if all the collectors did that, would you be happy to have 0 market to buy collectible os items besides that it takes away all the beauty of the items ? Probably not. I dont talk about custom 1 or 2 extremely sentimental rare weapons. I can understand. It's ok to custom the basic os Q9 weapons and all the common ones. I am not the only one to think that its just trash and disgusting as fuck to custom weapons like this. And i am pretty sure, more than 50% of the collectors feels the same. This section is not only the representation of all the existing collectors. From what I understand, this player is known in the community. Maybe I'm taking a risk saying that openly but I dont care, I'm not a friend with this player. I'm just expressing a really sincere feeling about ruining this game in term of beauty.

You okay man?

when people buy newly acquired OS items,be rare or super rare. They are the owners and they should do what they want. The collectors dont owe you or anyone to other gw players in hope they would resell it later. selling anything in this game is so profitable and when reselling prices goes up and up and custoing makes you the last owner.

Why would anyone really care about the community when collecting for themselves. gw is going downhill and if they to have something that remembers them by and its getting really difficult to find anything. If I want to custo weapons I sure will do that and I certainly dont care what a random person thinks on a forum board, which you can throw back at me.

• i sold 2-3 prenerf/rare weapons at this player. But honestly, if i saw his collection back in a days and if i thought that he/she will custom some of them, i won't sell my previous items at him/her. I would much rather keep or sell my items to someone who wants to have a profit rather than someone who custom... Probably +95% of his collection was bought and not looted. Honestly, i really think that this player kill the beauty of this game in all sense of collection (contemplation, pleasure to trade, economy...). Its just a selfish move. This is just sad and shameless. I could have a certain admiration for this collection but, i have more digusting feelings to be honest. I know this is just a game but, for me, this player is just a custom criminal... We all know that guild wars is a special game for collectibles items/pets.

you seriously think that people who only loot rare q8s in gw can call themselves collectors?

People did custo os items way back when gw was in beta and in the pre nerf drop stage. for 98% rest of gw players who want to collect,getting q7 and q8 rare items is impossible.

There arent any collectors in gw that HASNT bought a q8/q7 rare/super rare OS item,and if they tell you otherwise they are full of shitt.

I mean you could get q9 collection as you prefer and loot them, there is some that have done that and building their own collection that way,but its very few people.

And if you think that players goes against what you write when killing the beauty of the game as you so eloquently put it. ITS NOT a selfish move, or maybe it is. People do collect for themselves, as they should. Get it???

You or anyone cant police if anyone is custoing stuff. And since you know collectibles is special, there is no wonder why people do customize weapons, right???

“You okay man” Omg :D like foreal though man, this game old as hell man you can’t care that much about another mmo player’s collection

thats right:)

You try to acquire what you can at this time and age when gw is like 17years old. So people cant care, I mean they can admire the collection ofcourse.

• The lvl 12 Angry Snowman in the Secret Lair of the Snowman dungeon

Shaya

Does it even drop anything? I’ve never seen him dropping an item and I farmed there a lot. Maybe my memory is fuzzy.

it does. a 11/3 gold equine aegis... might be possible drop after all. but gl on that :P

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier