Do you want more Zodiac Weapons in the game?

• Do you want more Zodiac Weapons in the game? 67

1. Yes. More is allways better! (38) 57%
    2. No! Please let it stay one of the last Highend skins that is not overly farmed by "Persons" (29) 43%

Hello 👋 Boys N Gurls N People

I got the following issue and would like to see what the community thinks.

There is a farming option for Zodiac Weapons (including exalted aegises, vertebreaker, straweffiges, etc - the deep and Urgoz skins)

peterkadar would like to do a video about it and bring to a wider audience. We also had some collaboration before and it allways was a pleasure for both sides :)

The problem I have atm now is the following:

Once a farm option for q8 diamond aegis got dropped on the "Guildwars unicorn🦄" thread, not even a week later new ones showed up in the " How did GW treat you" thread.

I am scared same can happen to the Deep/Urgoz skins once they are accessible dou to farming. I like the idea of people farming it wich is not the problem. But we all know the issue with farms. Like see shrein anjeka where echovalds get farmed 24/7 by "Persons"

So what you think about bringing a Zodiac farm to a wider audience ?

I personally enjoy Deepruns and urgoz a lot. Also partly because the skins aren't as overdropped. Even tho I am quite inactive atm. Please don't judge me 😅🙏

• i think a farming guide would be nice, since for me personally farming is what makes this game enjoxable

Ofc the downside would be more drops but lets be honest

Even with all these bots the most desired skinns are still worth alot and also not that overfarmed.

Everyone wants the q9 tact evho with +45we +10vs demons but those that exist are still super expensive

So lets be real

With zodiac the usefull combos are still worth alot but then again more available to a wider audience.

To this date i dont know where to get q8 diamond

But thansk for the hint :p

• In general I like the idea that any knowledge is shared with the community. We play this game together, not against each other (at least in PvE).

However, I prefer that some skins get most frequently dropped in joint activities like Urgoz & Deep. Forming runs with up to 12 people should be rewarded. Of course, you can also solo/w. heroes them, but e.g. Deep is formed like daily and there is a dedicated discord for it. New players are welcome, as especially Deep is a beginner friendly, can be played by ALL professions and is a mistake-forgiving run.

By the way: Olaffer will ensure that there is enough supply of Zodiac weapons/Oni Blades, so no need to share this farm for botters 😉

• In general I like the idea that any knowledge is shared with the community. We play this game together, not against each other (at least in PvE).

However, I prefer that some skins get most frequently dropped in joint activities like Urgoz & Deep. Forming runs with up to 12 people should be rewarded. Of course, you can also solo/w. heroes them, but e.g. Deep is formed like daily and there is a dedicated discord for it. New players are welcome, as especially Deep is a beginner friendly, can be played by ALL professions and is a mistake-forgiving run.

By the way: Olaffer will ensure that there is enough supply of Zodiac weapons/Oni Blades, so no need to share this farm for botters 😉

I would totally agree with what Hate Core said. I've got mixed feelings, on the one hand I'm a supporter of making public for community ideas, farms, any content basically, but on the other hand it would be just sad to see bots in the last 2 areas (Deep/Urgoz) that were free of them, or at least free of excessive amount of them. As a daily deep former and solo farmer as well (It;s not a consitent farm, requires cons and pcons, takes 20-25 mins and sometimes I end with almost nothing even with favor, its more like a fun for me) it is a nice feeling that you can drop something that bot can't that easily ^^. But overall it all depends what kind of farm is that.

could you share the discord information? id appreciate joining for deep runs, though i never find people for it.

We can make more zodiacs and rest only-in-deep-urgoz accessible weapons simply by playing together and joining runs, like Hate Core said, Deep is very forgivable and easy-to-learn. There is a discord server dedicated for Deep for now, maybe we do Urgoz in future. https://discord.gg/8HdDCRDP
    Everyone is welcomed. We already managed to have DAILY, literally every day runs for last couple of weeks.

• In my opinion botters being soo shamaless and going after chestrun , os farms is coming from our community letting them doing so. When collectors reward botters with bidwars thinking Only about getting that another item. That made botters hunt these magnificient non insc Weapons or rare low Q insc. If we would blacklist them and refuse to pay they would go back to pcons/cons farming Like it always was.

• For the q8 Diamond or q8 Irid Aegis (non insc) you can chestrun Nahpui Quarter Explorable in Normal Mode leaving fom Senji's Corner.

I never found a q8 one, but I had around 4-5 of both from hunting Chests there.

GL :)

• This potential video would do more harm than good for the game. People voting in favor for the video really just want cheap skins and don't bother looking beyond that. But these skins specifically are a reason for people to still run Deep and Urgoz.

Once the botters start unloading vast quantities of perfect zodiac shields, scepters, staves and exalted aegises, straw effigies, wayward wands - you did'nt just destroy the value and rarity of these skins but you also took away the primary incentive for people to still bother doing this content.

Is it really too much to ask to have one set of skins remain undefiled? I guess it is...

• this is the problem we all get when everything is shared in gw community. This has happened from the very start of gw with all skins.

This has happened with collosal scimitar, holy vial, elemental sword. And recently magma shield, magma shields will eventually be not so sought after because it will be more common. Same happened with plat staff. And etc...

If people would just not share farming stuff, it would be more expensive and more rare.

This is something that gw players have contributed towards, and I mean those who post farming builds for everything.

and this just brings me to another topic of favor,which are so bad after they changed that favor is literally there so people can get a higher chance of getting a rare skin drop. I really miss the old favor system.

I really hope that kadar wont post a farming video,and no one else will either in the future. But I know it wont happen anyway,since if said person A wont do it, said person B will do it eventually.

• Once a farm option for q8 diamond aegis got dropped on the "Guildwars unicorn🦄" thread, not even a week later new ones showed up in the " How did GW treat you" thread.

Little off topic but can you link/quote what farm youre talking about? I saw the unicorn post but I‘m afraid nobody mentioned a source or farm. Or did I miss something?

About zodiacs: Pretty sure the majority of people will ask to reveal the farm for obvious reasons but in the end I can understand both possible decisions

• IGN: Mr Clean Value

:!: Important: Please if i win an auction/or u want to sell me an item write me an PM so we can organize the Trade :!:

...................................................................( Thanks for understanding and appreciate the help <3 )......................................................................................................

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

WTB: x00g - Clean Value items - 360g Roundshield - 256g RAM-hammer - Waterwand with 20/20 Fire

• Thanks for the link :)

I still don't see any source for the drops or any farm mentioned there. So I'd assume that another one popping up might just be a coincidence?

Regarding the zodiac topic, I completely agree that if a "new" farming spot would be made public nowadays it'd only be a matter of days before bots would start showing up if it'd prove to have a good drop rate. Nothing much you can do about that really.

• Personally I would want to have a video of how to farm specific items but I understand the desire to keep that knowledge secret, I've been casually trying to get a q8 tattooed scimitar for a few months now just popping in for the farm when I notice favor is up and I'm not doing anything, knowing full well that a few "persons" could most likely find it in a few days. I think that the importance of an item comes down to the individual, if you really just like a skin or it has some personal significance to you then why would it matter that there are a lot of them around in the game?

• Personally I would want to have a video of how to farm specific items but I understand the desire to keep that knowledge secret, I've been casually trying to get a q8 tattooed scimitar for a few months now just popping in for the farm when I notice favor is up and I'm not doing anything, knowing full well that a few "persons" could most likely find it in a few days. I think that the importance of an item comes down to the individual, if you really just like a skin or it has some personal significance to you then why would it matter that there are a lot of them around in the game?

I think for many it doesnt matter if the skin is much farmed, but it has to be that the person really loves the skin. But for many they only farm the really valuable skins so they can make a huge profit for as long as possible.

• i like where this is going because people are arguing over a 15+ year old, dead game.

if peter wants to post a video on certain farms he can do as he likes. if people dont like it then thats their problem.
    some people actually enjoy farming in this game. of course there will be bots in these farming spots. but tell me how many perfect echovalds have you seen lately?
    and which of these isnt still 15+ arms.
    now tell me how many people have 15+ arms lying around.

there are so many players still playing this game with not alot of money, who would like to purchase certain items, but can't.
    how many of you rely on bots for pcons etc. dont tell me all your rainbow candys and pcons stacks came from farming yourself. thats just nonsense.

whats the problem with items getting cheaper? the economy in this game is broken af anyways..

• i like where this is going because people are arguing over a 15+ year old, dead game.

And guess what: you are one of them.

if peter wants to post a video on certain farms he can do as he likes. if people dont like it then thats their problem.

Agree, he can do so. And this thread certainly wont stop him from doing so. Yes, it is then really their problem because people who enjoy actively playing areas like Deep & Urgoz will be ultimately less rewarded for it.

some people actually enjoy farming in this game.

Agree, and others enjoy running dungeons in 12-player groups. These bots would ruin one of the reasons why people meet each other in evenings to enjoy Deep & Urgoz together.

now tell me how many people have 15+ arms lying around.

A ton of players, alone by regularly selling nick gifts. At least active or former actively playing players should have that amount. If not: life goes even on without a perfect Echovald. You dont need it to enjoy any of the content.

there are so many players still playing this game with not alot of money, who would like to purchase certain items, but can't.
    how many of you rely on bots for pcons etc. dont tell me all your rainbow candys and pcons stacks came from farming yourself. thats just nonsense.

They can still buy any inscr. Zodiac weapons, inscr Exalted Aegis, high req. caster oni blades. Maybe not the q9 +10demon/45ench Exalted, but that is totally fine. It is one of the principles of the game that rarities exist. If every last item that still drops is soon overbotted, there would be still something called prenerf and that is also not accessible to everyone. According to your logic everyone should be able to purchase everything. But that will NEVER be possible + it would ruin a lot of fun. It is like in the real world: Not everyone can drive a Ferrari and in case everyone would haves a Ferrari, the Ferrari would not be special anymore.

Agree, many rely on bots for pcons. But also to actively use them in speedclears and not necessarily only sell them.

I dont think the economy is that unfair. I mean everyone can afford runes, all equipment (at least q9-13 inscr./crafted), elite-tomes and even a fow-armor/chaos gloves nowdays. As long as the game exists there will be items that are not reachable to everyone just because they are somewhat limited and demanded. This is by the way also the case in a real-life economy that can be considered as healthy.

And guess what: you are one of them.

that is correct, but apparently my life does not depend on some bots in a game.

Agree, and others enjoy running dungeons in 12-player groups. These bots would ruin one of the reasons why people meet each other in evenings to enjoy Deep & Urgoz together.

you can still do that? no one is stoping you.

A ton of players, alone by regularly selling nick gifts. At least active or former actively playing players should have that amount. If not: life goes even on without a perfect Echovald. You dont need it to enjoy any of the content.

if you have so much money in this game, why do you need any more then?

They can still buy any inscr. Zodiac weapons, inscr Exalted Aegis, high req. caster oni blades. Maybe not the q9 +10demon/45ench Exalted, but that is totally fine. It is one of the principles of the game that rarities exist. If every last item that still drops is soon overbotted, there would be still something called prenerf and that is also not accessible to everyone. According to your logic everyone should be able to purchase everything. But that will NEVER be possible + it would ruin a lot of fun. It is like in the real world: Not everyone can drive a Ferrari and in case everyone would haves a Ferrari, the Ferrari would not be special anymore.

now you are getting riciculous. what kind of comparison is that? now tell me your secrets where i can set up a system and grind me some ferraris?

someone else mentioned that the video peter did on magmas was not smart bc now everyone is doing magmas chest run.
    soon the prices of magmas will be so low etc.
    this run is as old as the game itself. still. i havent seen that many perfect magmas. Where are all these shields and the bots you are talking about?

Woc farm is also heavily botted. But somehow the perfect bladed shields and the perfect bo's are still absent.

i can understand your concerns but this is just ridiculous

• The farm available is most definitely known from "persons" + it drops only straw ( and wayward ? ) req soul reaping

MERCH

There is still so many farm to find for crazy items, like for diamond / irrid q8, i would say that's where the excitement is now a days for unicorns 🦄, as chest runs are MOSTLY all known

POST IT PETER

• the problem actually is only anet taking out the judicatice and executive force so we need to worry about bots.

Besides this the general clash is two perspectives: on one hand the sharing of info and good ways to farm in order to grow the base of items since a single player alone will never be able to get the amount of tries that the community would, on the other hand keeping the personal benefits from your research, luck and farming by not sharing it. There won't be a common consens on these views.

I say that everyone will and should do however they intend to do with their info and finds. But ofc I see as a content creator one might not want to post content that offends the majority of the community :P Hence I see the point of the poll - personally I am more of a sharer regarding info I find myself - whereas I deeply respect peoples wish who share their info with me. There is numerous and solid arguments on either side.

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• The farm available is most definitely known from "persons" + it drops only straw ( and wayward ? ) req soul reaping

From this sentence alone it took me 10 minutes to figure out where to go and try a couple builds.

And I'm pretty sure anyone with some common sense and some vast knowledge of the areas will figure out, too.

So if you'd prefer to keep this spot "secret" Blind Was My Fury I'd highly suggest removing that comment :D

• From this sentence alone it took me 10 minutes to figure out where to go and try a couple builds.

And I'm pretty sure anyone with some common sense and some vast knowledge of the areas will figure out, too.

So if you'd prefer to keep this spot "secret" Blind Was My Fury I'd highly suggest removing that comment :D

You mean going in urgoz on the right side of the first room and killing the necromancers ?

• This potential video would do more harm than good for the game. People voting in favor for the video really just want cheap skins and don't bother looking beyond that. But these skins specifically are a reason for people to still run Deep and Urgoz.

Once the botters start unloading vast quantities of perfect zodiac shields, scepters, staves and exalted aegises, straw effigies, wayward wands - you did'nt just destroy the value and rarity of these skins but you also took away the primary incentive for people to still bother doing this content.

Is it really too much to ask to have one set of skins remain undefiled? I guess it is...

Completely agree

• I'll take a look into it

It was posted in 2007 : https://archive.guildwarslegacy.com/15/15%20The%20…LOADED.001.html

Maybe it's not the same farm and this one is more "efficient" but i feel like people still buy "not hand farmed" items no matter what and the chance to get a "really good one" is very fucking low

need to improve make it safer to be a good farm but this is a start :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ho man i was so obssesed with zodiac weapons, i did everything i could to try to find a farm in urgoz and deep, the fastest way to drop zodiacs that i found was to clean 2 first room in deep and open lock chest, about 4 mins = chance for 1 chest+1drop for mobs, doing it with 2 accounts = 1 drop every 2mins, i dropped a crazy amount of zodiac weapons, none was worth some armbrace.

I would love to fell in love again in farming them

IGN : Alchimist Derv