Any way to cloud stream Guild Wars?

• What do you mean by cloud stream ?

Hosting gw1 servers on a cloud like environment?

I am curious !

If you are talking about using remove hardware and just have the events happening on your monitor in a pay as you go environment then I think google has a solution for it.

But if google has it then AWS has it but better ..

• Geforce Now doesn't have Guild Wars but Dr SCW did contact with nvidia to share info in it but no timeline for when it might be available.

Has anyone successfully gotten this game to run on cloud gaming?
    GFN is updating their install to support the non-Steam install of Guild Wars 1. I don’t have an ETA on when they will complete that but I chatted...
    old.reddit.com

I think if you own the game on Steam you can use some of the remote play/stream features. If that's something that works for you.

• What do you mean by cloud stream ?

Hosting gw1 servers on a cloud like environment?

I am curious !

If you are talking about using remove hardware and just have the events happening on your monitor in a pay as you go environment then I think google has a solution for it.

But if google has it then AWS has it but better ..

I'm curious if AWS has a cheap offering? I suppose I need a Windows VPS. I'm not exactly sure how to navigate AWS.

Yes, my plan is to run the game client on remote hardware and then access it with something like Steam Link or Parsec.

One reason is because we have nine rings coming up soon, and I'd like to stay logged in without leaving my gaming rig on overnight or while I'm at work.

• So, to answer my own question (and maybe help others), I discovered Paperspace by googling Parsec+cloud. They offer virtual cloud machines at affordable prices.

The absolute cheapest option gives you 2 vCPU cores and 4GB RAM (but no GPU hardware acceleration) for only $0.07/hr (less than the price of a cheeseburger per day). It's extremely slow but it's perfect for AFK farming the nine rings (or other AFK farms like the Zos Chivros Channel challenge).

I have not explored the options with GPU hardware acceleration because they are easily 5 to 10 times more expensive, but you will need the GPU to connect with Parsec as it does not work with software rendering.

Screenshot is of streaming Guild Wars from a Paperspace machine to my browser.

• You could indeed use Shadow PC for this, you could also probably use Parsec to stream from your own PC or something like Steam Link.

You could perhaps try something like Contabo, but that probably will have less than ideal results because it doesn't have a graphics card.

For the rest, I fear finding a cheap option will be harder. The biggest issue is mainly finding a Windows server, those are expensive due to the licensing costs.

If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with ShadowPC (it's 30 euro per month) and beefy enough to run GW1 and GW2.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• Checked on geforce, they use steam acc, so you need to have guild wars game of the year on your steam acc

Yes and no.

Before version v2.0.22.xx it was not possible to sync. your Steam library via Geforce Now and only the Game of the Year version could be functional via Geforce Now + Steam.

Now you can sync. your Steam library. So all you have to do is buy a GW1 key from Steam once, no matter which one, to have it in your library: Guild Wars (not edition of the year, just Guild Wars). It is not necessary to buy the edition of the year.

What is important to note is that:

- If you want to have a minimum performance you have to pay Geforce Now.

- Geforce Now and Shadow are compatible with MacOS and Apple Silicon M1 are supported by these Cloud Gaming platforms.

• I am using Shadow-PC since gw wont run on sillicon macs.

GeForce Now is Apple M1 compatible as well.

But GeForce Now and Shadow are not the same. GeForce Now runs applications without Windwos (OS) like Parallels. While Shadow is a remote Windows PC (OS). You can have the OS options as opposed to GeForce Now.

But in any case it's just good for MMO's and chill. Forget competitive FPS.

• Yes and no.

Before version v2.0.22.xx it was not possible to sync. your Steam library via Geforce Now and only the Game of the Year version could be functional via Geforce Now + Steam.

Now you can sync. your Steam library. So all you have to do is buy a GW1 key from Steam once, no matter which one, to have it in your library: Guild Wars (not edition of the year, just Guild Wars). It is not necessary to buy the edition of the year.

Geforce now have it but you have to install it first in steam (so buy 1 cd key there) and then it will show up there!

I checked, having purchased a Factions and NF key on Steam in the past.

When i sync my Steam games library to Geforce Now, i do have GW in the games offered, under: Game of the Year. But. When i launch GW, an error occurs and the proposed library is empty. You must have the edition: Game of the Year, even if you bought GW keys on Steam, it will not work.

In summary, they did not group the different GW games (campaigns, etc) into one. Only the purchase and presence in your Steam library of the edition: Game of the Year allows you to play GW via Geforce Now.

Game of the Year in USA:

Game of the Year in Switzerland:

(1 Dollar US = 0.94 Frs..) :thumbdown:

• I know I'm very late here but you said something about nine rings and some other AFK farms?

Do you (or someone else here) mind elaborating on this? How does it work and how much profit can you make with it.

I have a old Laptop here that can just about run GW but also doesn't use a lot of power to run all day.

• Official Post

I've you got an existing machine, I'd look into Parsec.

This is free for gaming, not for other uses.

Connect to Work or Games from Anywhere | Parsec
    Parsec is a remote desktop you'll actually love. Connect to work, games, or projects wherever you are, whenever you want.
    parsec.app

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• I know I'm very late here but you said something about nine rings and some other AFK farms?

Do you (or someone else here) mind elaborating on this? How does it work and how much profit can you make with it.

I have a old Laptop here that can just about run GW but also doesn't use a lot of power to run all day.

9 rings isn't exactly a "farm" its a mini game during some events.

You spend plat on tickets which you spend every round. Wins get tickets back which count as lucky points too and losses are no tickets back and an unlucky point.

It's never free, you must buy tickets, and you don't get any drops.

It's just a timesink to get Lucky and Unlucky in a way other than picking chests in PvE.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ