GW Mobile chat? Thoughts?

• Saw this on the bottom of the kamadan trade chat site...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/det…wars.mobilechat

This has to be a veiled attempt to grab your account info. The app is tiny so I can't see how it would acually log into gw itself. I'm guessing the way it works is somewhat the reverse of decltypes trade chat site. You input your info and what happens is he has it set up to run your account on a multiloader on his end and chat you make is just copy/pasted automatically from his app to the gw client he is running with your info.

Is anyone really going to fall for this? All it looks like to me is a way to lose your account.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

Edited once, last by Marty Silverblade (November 12, 2017 at 12:39 AM).

• I certainly wouldn't declare that the motivation for the creator must be to steal people's accounts - this is certainly something a lot of people would want, including the creator - but you'd be a fool to trust them. For me to even consider such a thing I'd want explicit knowledge on how it functions, i.e, the source code. Perhaps the log in information is encrypted between the app and being input into the GW client in a manner that ensures the creator isn't ever able to view it.

• I would like to assume there is no ill purpose as well. Login info being encrypted between the app and client so the app creator can't use it would be nice, however how would the gw client use encrypted info? It needs the proper email, password, and character name strings afaik.

I know its kind of a 'hope for the best, but, assume the worst' type situation and judging by the reviews it isn't getting used by many. I know I won't become one of those few, it just seems too fishy and risky.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• The app could run GW with the log in info passed in via command line switch. The decrypted info would be produced in the code and sent straight through to the Anet authentication server without needing to handle a log in screen.

Regardless, it's a moot point. The creator would still have access to your logged in account. What would stop them from doing things with it while the app is running? Unless they've found a way to get access to the chat functionality without anything else, which I very much doubt.

• I’d say don’t use it because they could steal your info...

But Anet will probably give your account away if someone asks for it via support anyway.

Let's not keep going there Motoko. Keep on topic.

• Just fyi The creator of decltype was behind of Many hackings like The gaile Gray incident as far as i know so i definetly wouldnt use IT. Or not sure If actual creator but someone who had Access The data from decltype

I must say I never heard this rumour and I think I know quite a bit about the gaille gray hack.

• Just fyi The creator of decltype was behind of Many hackings like The gaile Gray incident as far as i know so i definetly wouldnt use IT. Or not sure If actual creator but someone who had Access The data from decltype

This creator of the trade chat is not behind that. It's Rene.
    Cause if all true. My main would have been compromised again.
    I did ask the very questions and I know Rene wants to help the community.
    He/she wouldn't have done a lot of recruiting for guilds or alliances,
    When he/she had the time. I know he's/she's still tried and trying to improve
    On the global. I also know why many won't join it.
    But that's not my issue.

So, please try to not assume.

:heart: By the light of the fire and the sparkle of the stars, you came to realize the meaning of true love. - Lori B. :rit:

• Well i just know i spoke with guy whom was behind the hacks before they happened and he was explaining me about decltype about all the data it collects (not only chat log) That he had access all the logs to kama, every tonic used in kama, every pet he was able see every ingame name of ppl who had example used some rare miniature or tonic in kamadan, when they had been used etcetc, So he definetly had access to all that. Thats why i said im not sure if it was the guy whom made decltype, but atleast had access to data it gathers.

I remember it was really scary when the guy was able say exact dates and all of each rare miniature or tonic i had ever used (since decltype was made) on kamadan and exact numbers and ppl who had used some Like el henchie or kanaxai in kamadan.

Edited once, last by Pleikki (November 13, 2017 at 5:36 AM).

• Ive actually been using that app for years. Never lost my account yet i emailed ncsoft along time ago because i was scared about ban due to it being third party but they said they dont condone it but aswell they wont ban over it got the reply from GM Magic potatoes it logs you in you cant see anything but a backround and ur friends list were u can talk to your friends and such also asked one of my friends its kinda cool because it also logs your charicter into the game were you last left off and it just sits there lol.....i will also add the account i logged in with did not have much and what people say may or may not be true this was just my exsperince along time ago

:mouse: It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle. :mouse:

Edited once, last by Ahnal Buddy (November 13, 2017 at 6:13 AM).

• Actually I have nothing to do with trade chat. My Discord bot simply takes the data from the website and reproduces it for your consumption in a different form. But thanks for the kind words. :)