Introductions Thread!

• Hiii! Clearly I'm Surge Goes Pre.

Like many of my fellow comrades, I believe I'm doing my part to preserve a couple (not as many as my counterparts or as awesome) old relics and treasures from times past - shielding them for bans and dusting them off for use every now and then. But mostly they stay in storage to keep clean. Don't wanna get Mursaat blood all over them, and anyways Fern is scared of Mursaat for some reason ;P.

If I'm not out chest running, you can find me offering my services as a trusted trade moderator. I job I hold in high regard because I hate when people get scammed.

In game, you can find me as Sir Nicholas Buzan. Cheers everyone and happy travels in our new home!

• Perkunas here. Been playing since Christmas night 2005 and joined Guru August 2006. Although I do not log all the hours I use to, I still log on to GW daily. Some days, just to talk to Nicholas Sandford in pre. Since I have collected his wanted items through the end of July, I will rest my primary account from farming his items and continue vanquishing with Adam Asher (W).

• Uh, hi. I'm also a transfer over from GWGuru. Been a member there since Oct of 05 and I have been playing GW for about as long. I'm really not active on the game anymore but I stayed fairly active over on Guru in the OTA area. Figure I'd pop in and say hello as there are a lot of friendly faces who have come over.

• Official Post

Uh, hi. I'm also a transfer over from GWGuru. Been a member there since Oct of 05 and I have been playing GW for about as long. I'm really not active on the game anymore but I stayed fairly active over on Guru in the OTA area. Figure I'd pop in and say hello as there are a lot of friendly faces who have come over.

I knew we'd get you in the end. Cosy was hoping you'd join the mod team here too :)

• Hi folks.

Started Guild Wars 10 years ago with some breaks in between. Most of my characters have Yakkington in the name, people seem to like it. These days I hop on to do the daily quests and bounties. I just started a necromancer which I've been enjoying. I used to lurk GWGuru under the alias HanSolo. The plan is to make this a regular forum to hang out on.

Cheers.

Edited once, last by Yakkington (August 3, 2016 at 9:45 AM).

• Hello everyone. I've been lurking on various GW Facebooks and forums over the last few weeks having finally reinstalled the game after a year or so off.

Believe it or not I've not completed the new story content yet and I'm struggling to find a good skills build for defeating those pesky Mursaat. Probably something to do with taking a good year off, what do all these symbols mean again?

I'm really looking forward to some community events and team ups. I mostly took a break from GW because it got lonely, all my friends moved on to GW2, my guild hall has tumble weed blowing through it. Hero runs are all good and well but they don't answer when you talk.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all.

• Ya she approached me about it. I just don't know how active I am going to be on here, so I didn't want to make a commitment that I couldn't fulfill. But I'll definitely be on here occasionally to say hi to people. Though the lack of an OTA area makes me a bit sad...

What area do you miss? ;) I'm pretty easy to convince :P

For the rest, welcome aboard all! :D

• off topic and absurd....pwnd and I used to hang out there (and he was the mod for that section)....besides a general off topic thread, we had a few games (this or that, the poster above me, word game, etc)...it was also where we had really off topic stuff like when people passed away or real news that was not gw related (movies coming out, cons etc).
    We also had a thread called 'get to know your mods' where people could ask questions of the moderators.

• hi everyone, my name is Grim and I started playing GW when it first came out. I hit 20 on my 3 toons and finished the story missions and then stopped playing coz I thought I "beat" the game. /facepalm (was 11...) I moved onto other games and never thought of going back till GW2 came out. played it to only be disappointed which led me to rebuy GW again. That being said, I was playing League as my only game from S1 till the beginning of this year so I still hadnt gotten back to GW till a few days ago. My goal right now is to get all characters to 20 and then go from there towards learning endgame stuff. Id appreciate any knowledge you have to pass on but ill also do my best with researching on my own.

( my ign is Grimm Like Grenth becuz i forgot my info that had Grim Like Grenth...so i had to rebuy the games...again. I have bad memory X_X )

• off topic and absurd....pwnd and I used to hang out there (and he was the mod for that section)....besides a general off topic thread, we had a few games (this or that, the poster above me, word game, etc)...it was also where we had really off topic stuff like when people passed away or real news that was not gw related (movies coming out, cons etc).
    We also had a thread called 'get to know your mods' where people could ask questions of the moderators.

We should do that too :). What threads should I make ^^?

• Off topic thread--for general off topic discussion
    Get to know your mods--a thread to ask questions of your moderators
    games:
    this or that
    the poster above me
    ask a dumb question
    and
    word association

those were the ones we posted in the most.
    also had a thread about what music you were listening to which was popular a long time ago though....

• Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen.

I'm Emma Indoril. No relatives or no relationship with Nerevar Indoril, I'm just his reincarnation.
    (Did i really wrote this ?)

I play Guild Wars since December 2005. I made many pauses since. I used to ragequit, since i still understand how to play... When nightfall came out !

I still love the game, my favourite event is Halloween, and Wintersday ! But since Anet remove the kids, and the poping gifts in Lions Arch, this event became boring...

Il always play PVE, i made a test in PVP. ONCE !

My objectives is to become indomitable survivor, and Skill Hunter of Tyria, and if the servesr are not close down since, Skill hunter on the other chapters.
    I hope to become Carthographers on the three chapters.

I play when i'm in mood. Often alone, or with friends.
    I used to make a series of you tube video with a friend.
    We still hope to continue, when life...

And, detail : Je suis Français ! ;)

Rurick ! No !

• Hey folks. I'm sure I've traded with a good chunk of the people still around from the original Guru days even if we've never played together, though I do recall some Mausoleum runs with some of the regulars. Others might remember me from Urgoz/Deep runs with Lynette Le Sange.

I just discovered this site after picking up the game again, and it seems like a much better replacement for Guru than what they have over there now. And man, the loss of the old Guru makes me incredibly sad. In many ways, Guru was the heart of the GW community - for me anyway. There's definitely something to be said for a game without an auction house. Trading becomes a social exercise in addition to an economic one, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who had friendships that were a result of Guru trading.

Anyway, it's good to be back playing the game again.

• dang!
    good to see you again Jimbo!
    yeah, losing guru was more like losing a sibling or a twin---just cant believe that part of my life is gone and still look for it almost daily. We DO hope they get the archive back up (sometime soon-----) so we can at least look back on what we had.

anyways good to see you again!

• Hey everyone,
    I'm an old player from the real beginning of the game, lurked & posted on guru a bit. I play GW on & off for now, I loved to watched the archive of guru from time to time, but here is something new on that old game. :)

• Hello Every One:

Got Factions as a X-mas present in 2006. and have been a GW addict ever since. I main derv, and almost always play by myself. I suck at build/team organization, and have yet to do hard end game content. I have a perma-pre monk, and a pvp monk. And am currently taking the rest of the classes on my account through the game one region at a time.

325506_10150497525749110_501224109_8484881_1483254389_o.jpg

• Hello adventurers,

My name is Michael, working on my 140th month of Guild Wars and living in the Netherlands.
    I've stepped away from it several times but somehow always end up comming back wishing it would return to it's former glory.
    Found this forum completely by accident but i must say it's great to see there is still quite a large community actively playing good ole gw.

I look forward to putting in some hours again and i'll be sure to browse around the forums often.

Furthermore i would like to wish all of you very happy holidays and an amazing 2017!

• Hey everyone,

I've been playing Guild Wars for about 10 years or so now, used to be very active on the old Guru forums under the same username and I've recently started playing again, so I thought I'd make an account here to say hi!

My main character is 'Dharok the Tyrant', hope to see some of you guys round in game soon!

IGN: Dharok the Tyrant

• Hi all,

I'm Ice (or Tea). I have been playing GW since Factions came out. I'm exclusively playing pvp now. It'll be a pleasure for me to contribute to the pvp section of this forum I recently discovered thanks to the Wintersday contest.

I'm mainly playing Warrior, Monk, Ranger and Mesmer, and i'm always happy to help new players in pvp. So if some of you have questions and want to start playing some pvp, don't hesitate contacting me ingame : Ice Tea Citron Vert (my monk).

Cheers !

• Hello everyone, I go by Bleach!

Been playing Guild Wars since a few months after Prophecies dropped and have been off and on ever since, I'm mainly returning to replay the game at my own pace and really enjoy the aspects of the game I couldn't enjoy when I was younger! I hope to pickup on a lot of fun and interesting aspects of the game I had never found or experienced in the past, feel free to hit me up in game I'm usually on my sin Kite Kumaru!

• Hey folks !
    My name is Michał , but GW people call me Ksen. I'm originally from Poland. I've started my adventures in Tyria in March or April 2007. I have spent most of my first salary I've earned in my first work ever on GW. I'm both PvE and PvP player. Working currently on my Treasure Hunter title (@ 8k chest atm , yay ! ).

I was lurking and posting a bit on GW Guru , good to see it replacement up and running.

• Hi! I'm Sun! My Name is Nick :) I reside in Wisconsin, I started my adventure through Guild wars when I was 10! I've been playing since 4/07/2007! I'm an Active Speed clearer leading the notorious guild [PwA]! I hold a few records for speed clears and I'm really known for 2 things, Taking Cavalon from the original owners [Any] with the guild [BGW]! And leading one of the most active guilds in the game today!
    I Currently am working on 5 Gwam accounts across my 5 accounts! 5 titles away for my first one ! :)

I just found out about this site and I plan on using it more! :)

• Hello, I'm Auronold, who is also Rakto Baruk in game and Eric in RL.
    I've been playing GW1 for longer than I remember, but I definitely wasn't one of the first to play. I did spend quite a large portion of my high school life with the game and about when I got all the EotN items for GW2, i stopped playing. A friend of mine that i played with is actually playing this again and I decided I wanted to try and get more titles completed. I've always had a place in my heart for GW1 cause the skill system is just so unique to me, I find a lot of joy in playing off-meta builds and just "making it work" builds.

I currently work at an ISP in development operations. I'm generally a weekend warrior and late night player during the week, if I decide to play at all.

I'm very glad to see there is a community that I can hopefully become more acquainted with you all as the days go on, I will be checking the Discord out sometime. xD

Very Respectfully,
    -Auronold (Eric)

• Hi all!
    I'm Edward. Ign Edward The Strong. I've been playing GW since '05. This game was my first intoduction to MMO gaming and nothing else has come close. I play mostly PvE, with the intention to "one day" get good at PvP. Never been terribly skilled at the game, but I've always enjoyed it. Recently started getting back into GW for the nostalgia and stumbled accross this site while looking for GW guru. A couple of you may remember me from TEAM or OH back in the day. I hope to get the chance to play with some of you! Feel free to hit me up if you need a warrior for anything. Happy to be here.

Edited once, last by OldTimerEddy (March 9, 2017 at 8:53 AM).

• Hi everyone, my IGN is Quesi Denoda and I play as a Mesmer (never quite 'got' or enjoyed the professions as much - perhaps to my detriment). I'm based in the UK and started playing in 2005 until late 2007 (just after EotN released), so have taken a hefty 10 years out the game. I mostly enjoy PvE with others, dabbled in PvP now and again. Only ever got prophecies and factions, never Nightfall or EotN. As I'm UK based, would love to quest / mission with other people in UK (or Europe) as well... the European servers are basically dead nowadays! I remember GWGuru being a fantastic source generally, and it is a shame it has finally been phased out, but well done on keeping an archive going.

• Hello Friends!

My name is Omega, ign= Omega Precept, My old guildies nicked named me Mega man :) Its a pleasure to introduce myself.

I started playing guild wars about 2 months after its launch. I was a consistent player for about 4 and a half years. During that time I lead 2 different guilds, hosted community events and was very active in the Guildwars Guru community.

This time around I decided to start the only class I have yet to play which is Mesmer. It has been so many years that I have forgotten pretty much all of the dynamics of the game so currently I am just re-familiarizing myself with everything.

I am looking for a nice guild to join so if you you need anyone let me know!

• Hello Everyone!

My names Ddraeg, I main a monk, most of my other characters are slowly turning into storage.
    I've played GW since the early days of Prophercies, played pretty much solid through to EotN release. Since then I've take numerous breaks and time out but now it appears I've been drawn back in!
    I'm working on GWAMM at the moment and I'm about half way there! I'm mostly interested in maxxing titles and being slapped across the face with nostalgia as often as possible.
    My IGN is Ddraeg Gwella, feel free to hit me up if you need a hand with anything! I need more people to game with! I'm UK based and online most evenings.

See you in Tyria!

Always blame the Monk.

• Hi there. I'm an old user of the Guild Wars Guru website, which sadly seems to be gone now. With a bit of Googling I found this new GW forum to which I registered today. Thanks admin for activating my account!

Yesterday, during the last day of the boardwalk games, I maxed my last title towards "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals". With this, an epic 10 year journey has come to its end.

The first title I maxed was Tyrian Grandmaster Cartographer and it truly felt like an achievement. Over the years I slowly worked towards new milestones, but for a long time I considered GWAMM to be unreachable. However, the game developed and I grew with it. Last summer I finally made the last big leap with 6 hard-mode titles, the Vanquishers and two of the three Guardians leaving me at 29/30. Until today.

Video tour:
    hom_thumb.png
    [amoff]Hyper's Hall of Monuments 2017[/amoff] (50/50 + GWAMM)

Previous HoM tours:
    [amoff]Hyper's Hall of Monuments 2008[/amoff]
    [amoff]Hyper's Hall of Monuments 2009[/amoff] (HD)

-------------

October 2006 - May 2017

You have played this character for 6,304 hours 11 minutes over the past 127 months. Across all characters, you have player for 6,810 hours 2 minutes over the past 127 months.

XP: 14,594,599

Tyrian Grandmaster Cartographer (1)
    Canthan Grandmaster Cartographer (1)
    Elonian Grandmaster Cartographer (1)
    Legendary Cartographer (1)
    Protector of Tyria (1)
    Protector of Cantha (1)
    Protector of Elona (1)
    Tyrian Elite Kill Hunter (1)
    Canthan Elite Kill Hunter (1)
    Elonian Elite Kill Hunter (1)
    Legendary Skill Hunter (1)
    Legendary Spearmarhall (10)
    Holy Lightbringer (10)
    Slayer of All (10)
    Secret Agent (10)
    Legendary Delver (10)
    Not Too Shabby (10)
    Savior of the Kurzicks (12)
    Savior of the Luxons (12)
    Legendary Survivor (3)
    Life of the Party (2)
    Connoisseur of Confectionaaries (2)
    Incorrigible Ale-Hound (2)
    Canthan Vanquisher (1)
    Elonian Vanquisher (1)
    Tyrian Vanquisher (1)
    Legendary Vanquisher (1)
    Guardian of Cantha (1)
    Guardian of Elona (1)
    Blessed by Fate (6)

I really want to thank all of my (former) guildies and long forgotten random heroes who helped me along the way. I could not have it done without you.

My GW Wiki page

• Returning to guild wars - played 2005-2008 - excited to be back!! Cant believe its been 12 years since it all began!

Soooo glad to see a community here - hope to get to know you all - I have a lot of questions haha, time to relearn the game!

• Hi all :)

I am Aeronwen. I didn't know about this forum until Cosy told me a couple of days ago when I was sad about GW2G closing down too. I moderated on GW1 and 2 mostly in Nolani, Ventari and Guild Recruitment.

I don't play so much any more but recently my daughter and I made new chars in GW and we are going through without heroes as far as we can. I was amazed to find how much I had forgotten about how to play ^^

I had an early LDOA and was a tad irritated when they made it easy, also an early Survivor on my War so again a little irritated when they made that easy too.

Also, hey Ddraeg, pretty sure you tried to teach me to PvP many years ago (I never learned)

Malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right.

@AeroTrewent

• Greetings everyone,

I'm Gojkov, my in game name is Major Count. Just like many of you I'm a returning player. I've played GW since it came out for years before I made a break. Two years ago I wanted to come back to the game when I realised my account was hacked. After being told there was nothing I can do about it I decided to buy a new account and start everything over again. I'm a PvE player and a title hunter. I enjoy playing in a party. My goal would be to have guildmates/friends to do dungeons and leet areas the good oldschool way without any SC builds, for the sake of old times.

I'm currently trying to build a PvE guild with a group of friends. Our guild name is Technical Problems [RRoD].

I'm looking forward to being part of this and GW community again. Feel free to add me if you're on your path to GWAMM.

• Hi everyone !
    I'm Castanietzsche, my IG main character is called Pistache Taisha. I played a lot several years ago, and I'm returning to complete so PvE challenges I never succeeded to do (such as finishing the UW !). I love PvP too :)
    I'm playing a Mesmer, a Necromancer and a Paragon in the game, hope we'll meet someday !

• Joined 2 weeks after launch. (Saw the beta footage: Lego in Fantasyland... Thought: No way ;-))
    Came back after disappointing GW2/Anet v.2
    So far: GW - 12k hours. Early Gwamm etc. - Still working on LDoA :)

Gods, I miss TA :)