Biggest Noob Moment in your gw history Recent or Old: Share it Here!

• Ok I'll start off with 2 of my Biggest Noob moments From waaay back

1st, I spent 4 weeks Running people to Droks to make my first 100e, So i could become an Allmighty power trader, I got my first 100e spent it all on one item, Went to sell it guy said its immage was bugged in the trade window and asked me to drop it on the ground so he could see the stats, I did this.. He picked it up and left, 3 weeks later i made another 100e from running droks and did not make the same mistake again haha.

2nd My first Run in with a gold seller: So i got messaged by some gold seller to buy gold, at the time i did not know this was illegal ( my first week of Gw) So i saw a chance for Oppertunity on my new favorite game and sent in a ticket to NCsoft asking if i could be a part of thier on staff gold farmers LOL!!!!!!

• nice idea :) i have had a lot of "noob moments" in my gw career :P for now i ll tell only one from a long time ago:

back in the days my daily routine was after school 600hp action in fow/uw for shards and ectos. it was quite profitable and soon i had my first stack of ectos, i kept doing it until i had another one. i was very proud. i was no more a pleb who had to put his ectos in the material slot in the chest. i was so rich there was no more space for the ectos ( that really went to my head)

so i decide to put my 2nd stack into my inventory and the next time i got to the merchant i sold it for 25k because i clicked too fast....

• On the topic of merching things in error, my tip I learned the hard way is not to dye a q9 Shinobi Blade +5e black and put in your inventory bag versus your storage.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Words of advice: If your left mouse button starts to doubleclick when you click it replace it. Especially if you have doubleclick to equip in the game and tend to not pay 100% attention when merching.

'Click' to id, it dbl clicks and equips the junk, you merch your favorite ____ by mistake.

You would think it only took once to learn but...

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• Responded to a post for Purple Naked Kaineng Axe and offered 30e, thinking I read Krytan Axe. The worse part was I still accepted the trade after I saw the skin, I blame it on the fireball shots that night ;)

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Lol a soul stone haha, this thread is bringing me great laughter haha and Agent Fireball has gotten me into some interesting situations too, One time i traded my tormented axe for a customized hand axe Custoed to one of my highschool friends, no idea why but i know fireball was involved, there was also another time it thought koss needed a q8 pre nerf staff while on my necro, i later found it on him 3 years later 8|

• When you lose anything, and are pretty sure you didn't merch it, check Koss. I swear he steals weapons from your inventory.

Hayda too, idk how she seems to end up with Equine Aegis but I swear I don't *give* them to her.

• I remember creating an assassin to get my first legendary survivor, but having to recreate it so many times because I forgot how squishy they actually are in the beginning... ended up spending like a week trying to get to lvl20 (this was before the update that allowed you to get survivor even after dying) and then dying while vaettir farming due to lag, when I needed like 10k more exp. This is one of my noob moments, but I feel like 99% of my gw career exists of noob moments haha

• First time I did Kilroys quest in Sorrows with an old friend they got a purp Crysta. We both looked at it and said "Oh, it's q9 and max dmg but nobody will want a purp." not knowing how rare the skin was (we only knew the pre longsword). The merchant ate pretty well that day.

• I displaced(?) my anger at a few friends who admitted to botting upon the community at large, and when I saw someone selling 800 nick gifts while I was trying to sell 125, which I had spent 2 months getting, I got an offer at a low price and popped all of them. Not really a noob moment but pretty immature.

hello

• i had a old friend that won El Reindeer during a contest....he gave me his El reindeer apon him quitting because i loved it a few months pass im hard up for money so i decided im going to sell it no clue the value as im still a newb at this point i sell it for a whopping 500ecto what the guy said it was worth. I find out later it was wprth 500a (which was a heck of alot at the time ) to this day im still trying to rebuy it even paying upwards of 2ka...

:mouse: It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle. :mouse:

• I'm surprised there hasn't been any horror story of...

"The first character i deleted after they added equip pouches i totally forgot to check their equip pouch before i deleted them and..."

I'm sure someone did it, now admit it, and share your pain ;(:D

• I had a q8 dead bow drop and wanted to sell it at LA.

A guy asked me to drop it on the ground which I did because I didn't know about teleports and such at the time.

He took my bow and left, ah yea good ol bow

Same happened to me. I bought my first “ Big “ item to flip. It was a Q9 obby edge. He wanted me to drop it so he could screen shot it and see if that was what his friend was looking for. Worst feeling ever.

• At the beginning of GWs proph I played with my sister in pre she chose and ele I wanted to be a monk but all the hair options were horrible so I let her convince me to be a necro. Pre necro is not as strong as ele so I deleted it and made a ranger. I kept deleting characters because I thought everything was bad compared to ele.

I gave away all of my gold ids for years because other people were working on the title and I wasn't.

I did runs to droks and through a lot of dungeons for no charge because I figured everyone needed them and couldn't afford them. (I still have trouble valuing my time)

I have tucked weapons away on pvp only characters heros and forgotten about them then deleted the character.

I have stood in meteor shower more times then I am comfortable admitting.

Before legendary defender of ascalon was a thing I took a level 16 ranger out of pre. I also took a level 18 monk out of pre after that title got put in before I ever got it on any character.

• I don't consider this a noob moment but a mistake, but when ArenaNet created the costumes I bought the Vale Wraith, I put it in my Warrior and I completed the Factions campaign receiving a lot more damage than expected. It wasn't until I arrived at Raisu Palace that I realized I was playing without armor and only with the costume, for some reason that I don't remember I left the armor in the storage the day I bought the costume and I never checked the bag again.

• I was about 4 months into the game and thought I knew everything about everything. I was making a nice little income selling mini pets. One late night in LA I was selling a lich. I remember one guy offering me a purple crys sword for the pet. To which I proceeded to let him know that I was smarter than that. That no purple weapon was wirth more than my gold mini pet. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• I was about 4 months into the game and thought I knew everything about everything. I was making a nice little income selling mini pets. One late night in LA I was selling a lich. I remember one guy offering me a purple crys sword for the pet. To which I proceeded to let him know that I was smarter than that. That no purple weapon was wirth more than my gold mini pet. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

But that's very common, it's not your fault. In the past no one knew the revaluation that these things would have in the future, or that ArenaNet would make certain changes screwing the drop table of certain items. Look what happened to the Denravi Weapons, a bunch of useless items that except the sword no one wanted, and today, only because they were removed from the game, people is trying to scam and taking advantage selling them for ridiculous prices (or with the Jade Wind Orbs, or like a hundred more examples). It's like if tomorrow ArenaNet removes another item from a crafter lost in the game that nobody remembers, although the item were literally an useless shit that no one would carry around while playing, it doesn't matter, that useless shit itself would happen to be worth a fortune since that moment.

• Bought celestial pig minis in bulk as the price was rising, came back to the game to find out they are given away for free every year... Ouch

ah fck yeah back then 2008 u could have traded 5 normal pigs for a celestial pig. i also remember when they raised in price nearly over night.

but imagine people also did the following :

- the first e blade ever dropped and openly sold was q9 : if i recap completly it had offers of 2x vizu and ~1000 ectos wich was like insane back then. vizu was even rarer and more wanted then Panda.

soon after the prices dropped to a couple hundred ectos cause UW sc was super easy.

if he kept the e blade at least its worth more then 2x vizu and 1000e nowaways XD

Now comes the other part with vizus. u lost quite investment on cele pigs. but imagine u invested in vizus. uuuf. trading like mutiple pandas into vizus. then come back to the game thinking u are like super rich and now u can barely effort an obsi armor. damn ^^

Also some personal OOPSIES:

1. I also fell for the shadow step trick (didnt knew about Ebon Escape) i even checked that he didnt had assasin class - my precious q9 +5en OS zodi axe. was a big hit for me back then. never told someone cause i was so ashamed :(

2. I owned and sold the first ever q8/16 gold enamled shield on the market back then on WARTOWER. sold it for 275e or 475e i cant recap for sure. it was quite somemoney back then, still not a good trade from modern perspective ^^

3. Sold a q7 duo modded plagueborn focus for 30 platin cause i thought the mods are not playable xD i for sure know it was q7 souldreaping and duo max mods. mods where not caster mods so i thought its trash ^^

• 2. I owned and sold the first ever q8/16 gold enamled shield on the market back then on WARTOWER. sold it for 275e or 475e i cant recap for sure. it was quite somemoney back then, still not a good trade from modern perspective ^^

I believe we've all made bad changes at times. I remember selling a q8 insc FDS to nik for 50e or so in Kamadan (i think it was blue) and a few days later someone whispered to me ingame me saying that he had resold it here for more than double and I thought "mdfk!" xD but I don't care shit happens.

• I believe we've all made bad changes at times. I remember selling a q8 insc FDS to nik for 50e or so in Kamadan (i think it was blue) and a few days later someone whispered to me ingame me saying that he had resold it here for more than double and I thought "mdfk!" xD but I don't care shit happens.

And the person i sold it to was paid 4x what i got funny how things work eh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Nik Shinobi~~~~~~~~~~~~~~