Feedback thread forum update

• check if it's again that we have to reactivate them or if they officialy gone pls kev ?

Unfortunately, they have been removed from the forum software itself.... I can't bring them back, I fear :(

Glad to hear that you approve, Hate Core ;)

No worries, Kev.

Was a 10 hour marathon negotiation with the gwlegacy-supervisory board but in the end I convinced them that it would be in best interest of all shareholders to perform this critical maintenance update.

We might increase your bonus for this year, thanks for your commitment!

Glad to have you, Hate Core! I'm curious for the bonus ;)

Second thing is not having lines in main page to separate subjects / threads SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hmm, I'm going to improve the look over the next few weeks, I'll probably add in some line.

• The text is no longered colored in GW Gear Stats for staves, i.e. blue, purple, gold

Could you give an example of this?

The editor used has been changed, so this could be the cause - previous styling might not show up, new one should show up.

• The text is no longered colored in GW Gear Stats for staves, i.e. blue, purple, gold

Could you give an example of this?

The editor used has been changed, so this could be the cause - previous styling might not show up, new one should show up.

There's 3 entries for Staves on min and max damage

Blue staves were top line

Purple were middle line

Gold were bottom line

IGN Rogue Monks Bane

• You might notice quite a bit of changes, should you find any bugs feel free to let me know.

- Kev

Some avatars no longer appear.

• Could you give an example of this?

Red Fireball
    December 11, 2016 at 10:58 PM

in the table I had used font colouring to indicate the respective values for the different rarities of staves. I tried to recreate it with my last two edits, but there is no purple font colouring option. so I can't do it. but at least you can see what Forty Second Rogue was referring to - thanks for pointing the issue out!

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• You might notice quite a bit of changes, should you find any bugs feel free to let me know.

- Kev

Some avatars no longer appear.

The monster avatars were created by Gravatar, which has been removed from this release of the forum software.
    Those avatars were only there for users that did not have an avatar uploaded.

Right now, I can't bring it back, but I might look into this in the future.

• in the table I had used font colouring to indicate the respective values for the different rarities of staves. I tried to recreate it with my last two edits, but there is no purple font colouring option. so I can't do it. but at least you can see what Forty Second Rogue was referring to - thanks for pointing the issue out!

I agree that this isn't a situation that works, I'll have to investigate if and how I can re-introduce a button to allow the picking of colors, not only highlighting the background.

I'm going to raise this as a concern with the developers of the forum software, and look into a temporairy fix.

• Hi,

I don't know if this is recent or not, but how to change the background of: Custom User Title. Does it depend on a status or can it be customized with code or something?

• in the table I had used font colouring to indicate the respective values for the different rarities of staves. I tried to recreate it with my last two edits, but there is no purple font colouring option. so I can't do it. but at least you can see what Forty Second Rogue was referring to - thanks for pointing the issue out!

I agree that this isn't a situation that works, I'll have to investigate if and how I can re-introduce a button to allow the picking of colors, not only highlighting the background.

I'm going to raise this as a concern with the developers of the forum software, and look into a temporairy fix.

Font-color is now back! It was an option to disable it, which was enabled by default in the new version. It had a quite cryptic naming so I didn't find it.

But, font-coloring is now back on the table!

NOTE: there is going to be a dark mode soon, so keep that in mind when choosing colors.

• I don't know if this is recent or not, but how to change the background of: Custom User Title. Does it depend on a status or can it be customized with code or something?

The color of these is decided by the title itself, and is hardcoded can't be changed by a user.

It is dependent on the amount of points you've gathered on Legacy:

• Iaerah October 18, 2023 at 9:11 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Maintenance - 17 October at 17:00 CET” to “Feedback thread forum update”.
  • I agree that this isn't a situation that works, I'll have to investigate if and how I can re-introduce a button to allow the picking of colors, not only highlighting the background.

Font-color is now back! It was an option to disable it, which was enabled by default in the new version. It had a quite cryptic naming so I didn't find it.

NOTE: there is going to be a dark mode soon, so keep that in mind when choosing colors.

Thank you, makes it easier to differentiate between the rarities, at least for me.

IGN Rogue Monks Bane

• Font-color is now back! It was an option to disable it, which was enabled by default in the new version. It had a quite cryptic naming so I didn't find it.

Thank you, makes it easier to differentiate between the rarities, at least for me.

No problem, glad to be able to solve it this quickly! :)
    Picking the font color is something which is quite necessairy in my opinion. It should also work for all existing posts as well.

• Just a small update, I've updated most of the pages on Guild Wars Legacy that had white boxes poking out where they shouldn't, like for example:

That unneeded white background has now been removed. I might have missed some, so should you encounter any place where you can still see it, feel free to let me know so I can remove it.

• In a further update I have updated all of our available themes/styles (you can pick one all the way down by using "Change Style").

They are now all fluid up to a max size of 2200px (instead of 1100px before), which should help a lot for those with bigger screens.
    All of them got some extra tweaks as well.

If you find a bug, feel free to let me know.

• Is it me or are people deliberately choosing lousy font colors against dark mode :p I have to highlight everything with mouse to be able to read the forum now :p

• Is it me or are people deliberately choosing lousy font colors against dark mode :p I have to highlight everything with mouse to be able to read the forum now :p

Give people a choice and they will abuse it... that's actually one of the main reasons why the developers decided to disable this option in the first place, but it has some uses.

I hope people will keep it in mind though, as soon as Legacy gets an official dark mode, which should be soon.

• Hey Kev,

A couple questions for ya. It doesn't look like spoilers within spoilers is an option anymore? Not a huge deal, but I did use it from time to time.

Is there no way to hyperlink a URL as alternate text? I see the hyperlink option, but that only lets me plug in the URL itself, with no option to change was displays as the clickable text.

And is there a way to adjust spacing between lines? It seems fine in this particular post but in my buy thread I've noticed things are way more vertically spaced out than they used to be.

Edit: Changing some of the lists in my buy thread to a numbered list and/or table helped with condensing, and it doesn't look bad, but curious why they were so spaced out to begin with.

IGN: Vengeful Was Unholy
    Discord: Unholy2295
    WTB Pre-nerf Greens -> Information
    My WTB Thread

Edited once, last by Unholy (October 23, 2023 at 3:09 AM).

• I can't help with the hyperlinks or spoilers, but pressing shift+enter will create less space between new lines than just enter.

Thanks, i've been able to shrink my signature which had become too long.

Otherwise, when i want to edit a text that has a linked hyperlink, i can only edit the link, not the associated text, as was the case before.

• A couple questions for ya. It doesn't look like spoilers within spoilers is an option anymore? Not a huge deal, but I did use it from time to time.

Just tested it and it does work, but the editor doesn't allow you to add a second spoiler, but when you add the bb-tag [ spoiler ] (remove spaces) [ /spoiler ] it does work:

Display Spoiler
    Display Spoiler

Test

Is there no way to hyperlink a URL as alternate text? I see the hyperlink option, but that only lets me plug in the URL itself, with no option to change was displays as the clickable text.

The editor itself has changed with this release (before Redactor 2 was used, now it's using CKEditor). The previous versions of Redactor has been deprecated and support drops after this year, so the developers of the software had to replace it (and the other software that Redactor made to replace Redactor 2 is wildly un-useable for a forum). So changes in behaviour is normal due to this... this also explains why more spacing is added, it's simply the way the editor works and how it is set-up differently.
    It seems like previously, Redactor added a <br> when using enter, while CKEditor creates a new paragraph. Shift+enter is the way to still do a <br>/newline in this editor, which is actually the appropriate behaviour for an editor (as it allows for better styling/whitespace behind a paragraph, which is impossible to do with a <br>).
    I might adjust the whitespace after a new paragraph, but shift+enter mimics the old behaviour, as Marty Silverblade rightly pointed out.

• Iaerah  Neutral_CH Actually jk, you can hyperlink alternate text. You just have to type it out first, highlight the text you want to link, and then insert the URL. :)

:/

For example:

1. I create a text to which I'll link a hypertext and use the appropriate option.:

2. I add the hypertext link:

3. It is then impossible to edit the text, is only available for the hypertext link and doesn't work if i just want to edit the text without the option (= have to redo the text, then the hypertext link):

• Edit: it actually works if i move around the text with the arrow keys (Otherwise the text is not selectable). But not via the link option.

Edit 2: I've also noticed that when text is placed to the right of an image, when the post is re-edited, the text automatically sticks to the image, even if a space has been added beforehand. This means you'll have to find another solution or re-edit all the text in the post (if you don't want the text to stick to the image).

• Is it me or copy and paste text from windows note pad to the forum is quite annoying ? We can't edit precisely (lines between text...)

That could indeed be a behaviour. You could try to use Ctrl+Shift+V, which should paste without layouting - this might work.

• hi again, I don't know if I should be posting this here - but when I post a build with the gwbb wrap in the builds forum, it displays inaccurate (possibly older/imbalanced) values for skills. Say for example when I post a build that includes Blazing Spear with 12 Spear Mastery, the damage displayed in the forum is higher than the skill's actual damage.

Is it because the forum is not up to date with the latest skill values or is there another reason for this?

• hi again, I don't know if I should be posting this here - but when I post a build with the gwbb wrap in the builds forum, it displays inaccurate (possibly older/imbalanced) values for skills. Say for example when I post a build that includes Blazing Spear with 12 Spear Mastery, the damage displayed in the forum is higher than the skill's actual damage.

Is it because the forum is not up to date with the latest skill values or is there another reason for this?

To make that work, we use https://github.com/arnapou/gwbbcode which hasn't been updated in a few years.

So, I could probably fork that and fix it, but it's not the highest on my list of priorities.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg